This may be a stupid question but if some of these 3d models come from CSS conversions, is it possible with the new arma 3 to convert the animations from these models too like reloading, holding etc ?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the animation systems differ quite a bit.

Can't wait for M4s, Tavors and Negev LMG with all the appropriate attachments :)

@Seth. Yes and no. Now that Arma 3 has a better animation/reloading system we can have more personalized animations.

However, the issue is Oxygen and how poor it is for making animations and exporting them without error or crashing.

Hey,

any possibility to see your CAR15 and M733 in the M4-pack?

And Maybe an M727 and M733E2?

WTF is an M733E2?

Are you confusing the 733 and 629/XM177E2? They're not the same.

WTF is an M733E2?

Are you confusing the 733 and 629/XM177E2? They're not the same.

It's an M733 with the A2 upper...

It's an M733 with the A2 upper...

No, it's a non existant designation for a very rare combination of parts.

M733 doesn't exist as a Colt designation, nor a .mil one. Neither does M727. It's an airsoft marketing creation. So, what is Colt's 11.5in 1/7 twist, fixed sight carbine designated? By Colt, it was given the designation RO733. In the US military, it was given the designation of CARBINE 5.56MM M16A2 MOD 733, with an associated NSN (and replacement parts also were allocated NSNs), but it was never documented as 'M733'. Given there was no M733 and no M733E1, logically (and documentarily) there is no M733E2. There's also no XM733 or derivatives thereof. It may have unofficially been called CAR15, but so was every other carbine before the XM4, and every time I've seen 'CAR15' appear in an OFP/A1/A2 mod, I cringe a little bit inside because it's such a vague description. If it's got a proper military designation, it's a good idea to use it. If it doesn't (and COTS purchases like the RO727 and RO733 fit into this category), use the manufacturer's designation. This means the RO653, RO723, RO727 and RO733 would be missing a proper shorthand military designation but still be 'correct'. Of course, there may need to be consideration given to early, middle and late model updates (723 pencil barrel early, 723 pre-M4 barrel late, etc) if you're going around demanding variations and combinations that aren't very common.

A2 uppered RO733 carbines do exist, in exceedingly small quantities that were produced very late in the model's life, most probably not as whole rifles but as upper receivers. These are slightly less rare than rocking horse excrement in comparison to the other variations. There are also A1 uppered RO733s from very early on in production. But the vast majority, greater than 95%, are A1E1 (otherwise known as C7) uppers.

No, it's a non existant designation for a very rare combination of parts.

M733 doesn't exist as a Colt designation, nor a .mil one. Neither does M727.

He's reffering to the Colt Model 733 and 727's the 733 i posted has a A1E1 upper as you mentioned (Non adjustable sigh but brass deflector) he's likely getting confused with the designation of the XM177E2 which has a 11.5" barrel rather than the 10" of the XM177E1.

Thank you for all your hard work RobertHammer and looking forward to more A3 addons! :)

Just small info - slow progress but sooner or later will be something :p

also i had this idea , to make "dynamic" bullet cases with physx help somehow

something like in this new wip game >

so it is possible to do same thing in arma3? what do you think?

possible. with sensible casing stay time, wouldn't be too resource intensive at all.

possible. with sensible casing stay time, wouldn't be too resource intensive at all.

In multiplayer though, with maybe 30 people firing?

There was a addon for ArmA 2 that allowed the cases to stay on the ground so I am sure its possible to rework some things with the new engine! Also if you don't mind my asking, any update on the status of the Mk18 Mod 1's?

There was a addon for ArmA 2 that allowed the cases to stay on the ground so I am sure its possible to rework some things with the new engine! Also if you don't mind my asking, any update on the status of the Mk18 Mod 1's?

but this is diferent, this ones need each one of them physX and all that stuff, so it will take some resources.

i hope you make some versions without ive you do so we can have our 20 fps instead of 10 :p

maybe radius around the player. within certain range, use physics. outside, use ordinary animation.

RH. I remember I44 mod had somewhat dynamic shell casings in its OFP version, so I'm pretty sure its even more possible after all these years :)

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I remember your AK pack had an Rk95 during ArmA 1 times... Any chance to see that glorious rifle again? :3

VERY NICE =)

no MeuSoc version for the m1191?

Looks sexy! Can't wait!

Also will there be a MK18mod1 soon?

Also will there be a MK18mod1 soon?

Maybe dunno - there are some delays and work going on so you have to wait more

Few teasers :)
Are the first two supposed to be the FNP/FNX 45 Tactical? And where is its micro red dot model from, the one that maionaze posted in the "Confirmed features & discussion" thread?