Sign in to follow this  
WalkerDown

DEV patch (Seagull Attack) reverted

7mb (1st dev patch): branches/development/buildid: 49281 › 49903

10mb (seagull patch): branches/development/buildid: 49903 › 50503

10mb (today reverts): branches/development/buildid: 50503 › 49903

Not sure if it's a good sign.. does it means they doesn't have a patch (to solve the seagul issue) ready for today?

Or maybe that's a bandaid while they're working at it?

Yes, it's a band-aid. Normally the people opting into the Development branch need to accept the risks of issues, but in this case the issues spilled over to the default branch. Reverted and being solved with priority so we can roll it back out.

Everytime I change from Stable to Developer Version something gets downloaded from steam but the version number ingame doesnt change, still have the one the alpha was released with.

No idea why its not working, anybody an idea?

It's working, version number isn't updated with each little update being rolled out on the dev build. When the alpha build is updated, I'm sure we'll see a new version number.

Sarge;2331811']Everytime I change from Stable to Developer Version something gets downloaded from steam but the version number ingame doesnt change' date=' still have the one the alpha was released with.

No idea why its not working, anybody an idea?[/quote']

That's ok. The difference at this moment between stable and dev versions is just a few data files and executable was not changed. Build number changes when you get a new executable.

Quick update: a new Development version should be published now. This one has a version number incompatible with the default branch. Do note that we will change that specific number again tomorrow to be more consistent. The main point is: cross-joining between the branches will no longer be possible.

Quick update: a new Development version should be published now. This one has a version number incompatible with the default branch. Do note that we will change that specific number again tomorrow to be more consistent. The main point is: cross-joining between the branches will no longer be possible.

Good to know Joris, keep up the good work.

Thanks you for clarifying this! Update recived!

Edited by Wolf85

We just get a new 112 mb big update... just as I was gonna start playing :)

Any changelog for the 112mb patch? It would be nice to know what's changed so that it can be tested.

Heads up to mission editors:

If you have anything with the Ifrit[RED] in before this patch, the class name has been changed from "O_Galkin_F" to "O_Ifrit_F".

Go into your mission.sqm and change accordingly.

Thanks

edit:

Showcase: Helicopters - optimization and conversation timings

I don't see any difference.

Edited by Sephisto

That's ok. The difference at this moment between stable and dev versions is just a few data files and executable was not changed. Build number changes when you get a new executable.

k thanks,

That's because of Delta-patching (thankfully). You are only downloading the differences, not a whole data package. So you probably had already downloaded some of the changes from a previous update, whereas others waited longer before logging back into Steam for example.

Thanks

edit:

I don't see any difference.

There's probably a reason for the line over the patch note. :p

There's probably a reason for the line over the patch note. :p

But to be fair I only edited that after it was discovered not to be working as expected ;)

But to be fair I only edited that after it was discovered not to be working as expected ;)

Of course. Should've thought about that before i posted :mad:

Looking forward to the first official alpha build, by the way!

Can't you guys do a Dev-Build testing thread in here, like the old ones for A2 beta patch testing? That was actually a good and sorted way to give feedback as client or server-admin..