Sign in to follow this  
dreadedentity

Possible to edit the 2 existing COOP missions? (Headhunters and Escape)

I want to kind of "revamp" the two existing missions that we can play on the Alpha. I find that you start with horrible and unrealistic armament (no silencers in a stealth mission, come on), simple objectives, and few enemies dispersed over a comparably huge island (all the enemies you face in headhunters and esacpe combined would only be enough to properly guard the airfield, if that).

If I could edit these, I would make them more challenging and exciting for players, by adding way more enemies and a few more objectives, as well as more realistic loadouts. In addition to that, I noticed that headhunters is apparently COOP 07 and escape is COOP 10 or something, so I would make some extra missions as well. (My squad and I have beaten both of these multiple times, and escaped from both the airfield and firing range)

I suppose it would be possible to watch the AI and try my best to reproduce that in the editor, but let's get real I'm not going to spend hours watching AI walk around and then only have their routes partially correct. There are also some scripted/triggered actions that I don't know how to do altogether (ie. Headhunters, KA-60 takes off when you get near first target). For fun, I'm changing up some things, like replacing the squad in headhunters with a 4-man fireteam, battlefield 3 style. I know I'm focusing on Headhunters a lot and that's because I really feel like there's insane potential with that mission, and if I could just be able to edit that one I'd be happy.

So please let me know if there's any way I can, I guess, decompile(?) the mission file or however I can get them into the editor.

Thanks,

Dread