Sign in to follow this  
Kellon

We need a better server browser system, and leaderboard system

Better lobby system, server browser, and leaderboards  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Better lobby system, server browser, and leaderboards

• Go with the idea as stated
    • Stick with the same arma 2 style filters with no leaderboards
    • Do a service record type deal were you can keep track of your kills, accruacy, and wins and loses.
    • Totaly re-vamp the whole thing?

Hey guys im sure many of you are excited for things to come in terms of the pvp aspect, and all the promising things this game can offer with such a well put together realism shooter. Wouldnt it be great though if we had a better system to browse servers??? follow me here :) in most shooters today the have a good way to party up, and quick join option. Makes finding games super easy, and it would be easier for new arma players to enjoy the game. Also i think what attracts people to other shooters is the competitiveness to be higher on the leaderboards than buddies and rival groups. This would also be a cool way to keep a service record for you and your buddies such as kills, head shots, longest head shots. So here is the thoughts broke down in a list.

1.Server browser for set game modes, and the filter can stay.

2.Leader boards to keep people interested, and wanting to improve skills.

3.Service record to keep track of they're performances, and what to improve on such as KD, accuracy, long range take downs.

4.A better party system to help people link up with friends, i cant tell you how many times my friends cant find servers i see :)

I dont think its to much to ask for what do you guys think, and please Bohemia think about this!!!!

No leaderboards. Anything that supports frag-grinding and leet-measuring should stay out of ArmA.

No leaderboards. Anything that supports frag-grinding and leet-measuring should stay out of ArmA.

agreed! Please don't go down that dark dark path where statskiddies go to die...

But we definitely need a better server browser. But I'm pretty sure that will come sometime down the road. It's still early.

I think they should go with Steam server browser. No leaderboards or stats needed

2. and 3. doesn't really make sense for a game that you play with several mods that you change depending what, when and where you play. And taking into consideration sp + coop, and ton of other mp forms, the stats would just not fit in to the picture.

1. is going to be altered later on ( i think devs have mentioned this before)

4. is going to be fixed when A3 starts to use steamworks, which it should in the future iirc.

Report issues/feature requests to:

http://feedback.arma3.com/bug_report_page.php

I am not COD kiddie obviously if i play this whenever i have free that time, but it would catch the attention of certain people. Such as people who like call of duty and battlefield and give them the arma bug :) just trying to reach out to a much wider market of people is all, im not saying they should dumb down the game at all or make it COD or BF but this wouldnt be toooo terrible.

...but it would catch the attention of certain people.

I know the type you are referring to. That type can stay with CoD and Battlefield. The inclusion of stats & leaderboards completely destroyed what was once a friendly battlefield community. No, we don't need any more elitist douchebags in ARMA 3 thankyou very much. :)

I hope we never see leaderboards in ArmA.

No leaderboards, achievements, ranks, or unlocks. Please.

Why? Because then you're not playing to help your teammates, you're playing to improve your spot on the leaderboard.

Gah, proper organized, and good gameplay in arma has always been between groups that organize games. You just get shit gameplay on public servers anyways. And how the HELL can you organize leaderboards for a game that has an infinite amount of game modes? This idea isnt thought through.

I am not COD kiddie obviously if i play this whenever i have free that time, but it would catch the attention of certain people. Such as people who like call of duty and battlefield and give them the arma bug :) just trying to reach out to a much wider market of people is all, im not saying they should dumb down the game at all or make it COD or BF but this wouldnt be toooo terrible.

you dont understand or what? we dont want this type of people or even day z people, they arent aware that some people take it serious on their servers and just screw up with no sence of RoE on stealth missions, spawn and just teamkilling until kick or ban or even those script kiddies that just drop unanimated gbu12 on base.

having a public server is obviously a no go like someone said we don't want a grind for K/D ratio. anyway all the custom game types would make it impossible anyway.

BUT it would be nice to keep a track ok my own kill death on my own game that can be reset at any time, some people like to see how they have done overall.

Hello there

I'm also a naysayer to leaderboards.

Indeed I'd like to see the scoreboard removed from arma altogether for most mission types. Yes, it's nice to get confirmed kills but to many folk focus on that IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

you dont understand or what? we dont want this type of people or even day z people, they arent aware that some people take it serious on their servers and just screw up with no sence of RoE on stealth missions, spawn and just teamkilling until kick or ban or even those script kiddies that just drop unanimated gbu12 on base.

I'm a "DAYZ people" but I take the game as pseudo seriously as most players. Let's not pigeon hole folk shall we?

Rgds

LoK

Fuck leaderboards, DO NOT EVER ADD THIS TO ARMA!!!!

I hope we never see leaderboards in ArmA.

No leaderboards, achievements, ranks, or unlocks. Please.

Why? Because then you're not playing to help your teammates, you're playing to improve your spot on the leaderboard.

This.

Things that should never happen on ArmA 3:

Leaderboards, unlocks, payed unlocks, xp, double xp days, season pass and a more catchy name like ArmAField:Attack on Altis.

do not worry

1. the actual MP server browser is not final ... consider it just working placeholder...

2. lobby (if you mean roles selection) will be improved too

3. leaderboards aren't important compared to first two, so warranty on it

no don't give this a score board it kills the game completely. not only does it bring the stat padders in but it will completely ruin your own game! leave it as is with the original ArmA no score system

no "leader boards" please.....

can not count the amount of issues that it would have, especially with all the different game modes, mods, script kiddies... etc

guarantee if you made one the only people on the very top would be script kiddies.

have stats as a separate site for those who want them but not in game, it will bring in to many kiddies & way more cheats will then be used / made

Asking for a leaderboard in arma, must be trolling right?

Hey guys im sure many of you are excited for things to come in terms of the pvp aspect, and all the promising things this game can offer with such a well put together realism shooter. Wouldnt it be great though if we had a better system to browse servers??? follow me here :) in most shooters today the have a good way to party up, and quick join option. Makes finding games super easy, and it would be easier for new arma players to enjoy the game. Also i think what attracts people to other shooters is the competitiveness to be higher on the leaderboards than buddies and rival groups. This would also be a cool way to keep a service record for you and your buddies such as kills, head shots, longest head shots. So here is the thoughts broke down in a list.

1.Server browser for set game modes, and the filter can stay.

2.Leader boards to keep people interested, and wanting to improve skills.

3.Service record to keep track of they're performances, and what to improve on such as KD, accuracy, long range take downs.

4.A better party system to help people link up with friends, i cant tell you how many times my friends cant find servers i see :)

I dont think its to much to ask for what do you guys think, and please Bohemia think about this!!!!

Leaderboards make the cheaters more like battlefield3 with battlelog :|

Seriously, op must be trolling.

Statistics in a WAR!!!! simulator!!! not a FPS. Seems like you don't know what this game is about and you came with the mainstream horde.

Bohemia is not going to add Statistic or leaderboards because it won't be a FPS.