saul

PSD Templates for NATO Soldiers

Yeah but not all of this can afford to pay a months worth of rent to buy it. Gimp works fine for me and saving it in 2 different formats takes about a whole 20 seconds for someone with photoshop. but thanks anyway, I guess i'll just keep doing the same thing that I've been doing. I just thought your addon would save a few minutes. Thanks anyway

Hey, get Paint.Net. It doesn't have all the features of Photoshop, but there are plugins available on the internet. You can also get a plugin to open PSD files which is what I do. My problem with PSD files is that they are so huge.

This is awesome! Thanks a lot.

When using this, should i save my texture with Cavity, heights and ao? Sometimes it gets too dark with all the shadows, and i think the game adds them anyways. Maybe i should skip heights?

Guess this is the thing to use if I only want to add a new flag to the uniform? How can I change the flag on the shoulder patch smoothly? Thats the only thing I currently want to change

Edited by Saetheer

Saul these templates are AWESOME. Could/would you consider making templates for Booniehat, Cap and backpacks??

Hello all, sorry to dredge this thread back up but I really need some help using these templates.

Could somebody who understands how to use them properly answer these basic questions:

1) Once I paste my new camo texture into the "diffuse" layer do I need to merge or edit the layer/s in any way before saving?

2) What file format should I export the modified template in prior to opening and saving as .paa with texView2?

Thanks! :)

sorry to revive an old thread... but how come the gloves are on top of the legs in the NATO uniform? example here.... http://imgur.com/qhXAnxS wont the gloves just appear on the leg once viewed ingame?

Gav

sorry to revive an old thread... but how come the gloves are on top of the legs in the NATO uniform? example here.... http://imgur.com/qhXAnxS wont the gloves just appear on the leg once viewed ingame?

The UVmap only reads the left side of the pants up until this point marked in green (http://i.imgur.com/wA7oFOP.png), anything past that (in red) is mirrored with the other pant leg... bascially the game reads the top left and right of the pants seperately, and then mirrors from mid thigh down using the right side of the pants.

Can you please update these links?

Thanks.

There's a whole thread over here that have templates you may want to check out.

On 3/12/2013 at 8:21 AM, saul said:

Hi all,

I am Saul. I saw what Topas has done with his templete and wanted to follow the example and create NATO and eventually OPFOR and Independant base templates for all the textures available in the Alpha thus far. Each template consists of the base original diffuse (color or .co) texture for reference, a normal map (.nohq) as well as a height map, ambient occlusion, and cavity map. All the things any texture artist will need to create a new reskin of any existing Arma 3 character. Really all you will need to do is add your own camo, some base color, throw in some dirt and your good to go.

reskinp.jpg

Left is default arma3, middle is da pinky, and right is a simple retexture.

Current Package contains various .psd files. Each template has two groups for Normal and Diffuse maps with a few layers in diffuse group for the base, height, AO, Cavity and an empty layer. Also color coded so you don't get mixed up which group you are working in.

NATO Templates

ClothingTemplate.psd

ArmorTemplate.psd

EquipTemplate.psd

VestsTemplate.psd

OPFOR Template

ClothingTemplate.psd

OfficerTemplate.psd

TechTemplate.psd

Independent Template

INDE_Clothing_Template.psd

INDE_Equip_Template.psd

INDE_Helmet_Template.psd

Download:

NATO Army Templates

OPFOR Army Templates

Independent Army Templates

More to come.

Links broken, can you reupload? 
Thank you🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Amok Gamer said:

Links broken, can you reupload? 
Thank you🙂

You should probably read the two posts above yours instead of quoting an 8 year old post in a dead topic. 

• Like 1