saul

PSD Templates for NATO Soldiers

Basic steps:

1). Create a new folder and give it a name, this will be the name of your pbo.

2). Create a text file in this folder called config.cpp , make sure it has the .cpp extension only and not .txt or .cpp.txt.

3). Also in this folder create another new folder and call it data, place your texture inside this folder.

( The texture should be a paa file saved with TexView2, make sure it is saved with the .paa extension)

4). Back to the config.cpp file, copy and paste the following into the file.

enum {
destructengine = 2,
destructdefault = 6,
destructwreck = 7,
destructtree = 3,
destructtent = 4,
stabilizedinaxisx = 1,
stabilizedinaxesxyz = 4,
stabilizedinaxisy = 2,
stabilizedinaxesboth = 3,
destructno = 0,
stabilizedinaxesnone = 0,
destructman = 5,
destructbuilding = 1
};

class CfgPatches { 
   class Example_Uniform_Config { 
       units[] = {}; 
       weapons[] = {}; 
       requiredVersion = 0.1; 
       requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F", "A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR"}; 
   }; 
};

class CfgVehicles {

class B_Soldier_base_F;

class Example_Soldier_F : B_Soldier_base_F {
       _generalMacro = "B_Soldier_F";
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Uniform Test Soldier";
       nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody";
       uniformClass = "Example_CombatUniform";
       hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"pboName\data\textureName_co.paa"}; //Edit this path
   };

};

class cfgWeapons {
   class Uniform_Base;
   class UniformItem;
class ItemInfo;

class Example_CombatUniform : Uniform_Base {
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Example Uniform";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_ca.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";

class ItemInfo : UniformItem {
           uniformModel = "-";
           uniformClass = "Example_Soldier_F";
           containerClass = "Supply20";
           mass = 80;
       };
   };
};

5). Edit the hiddenSelectionsTextures[] path to match your folder structure, and save the file.

6). Now pack the folder we created in step 1 using BinPBO.

7). Copy the resulting pbo file to your mod folder, you may need to enable this folder in game options.

(example: C:\Users\userName\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\@whatever\addons\)

8). In the editor you should find your unit here -> Blufor | Men, Job Done!

If you get stuck ask for help here -> ARMA 3 - ALPHA : ADDONS - Configs & Scripting

Basic steps:

1). Create a new folder and give it a name, this will be the name of your pbo.

2). Create a text file in this folder called config.cpp , make sure it has the .cpp extension only and not .txt or .cpp.txt.

3). Also in this folder create another new folder and call it data, place your texture inside this folder.

( The texture should be a paa file saved with TexView2, make sure it is saved with the .paa extension)

4). Back to the config.cpp file, copy and paste the following into the file.

enum {
destructengine = 2,
destructdefault = 6,
destructwreck = 7,
destructtree = 3,
destructtent = 4,
stabilizedinaxisx = 1,
stabilizedinaxesxyz = 4,
stabilizedinaxisy = 2,
stabilizedinaxesboth = 3,
destructno = 0,
stabilizedinaxesnone = 0,
destructman = 5,
destructbuilding = 1
};

class CfgPatches { 
   class Example_Uniform_Config { 
       units[] = {}; 
       weapons[] = {}; 
       requiredVersion = 0.1; 
       requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F", "A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR"}; 
   }; 
};

class CfgVehicles {

class B_Soldier_base_F;

class Example_Soldier_F : B_Soldier_base_F {
       _generalMacro = "B_Soldier_F";
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Uniform Test Soldier";
       nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody";
       uniformClass = "Example_CombatUniform";
       hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"pboName\data\textureName_co.paa"}; //Edit this path
   };

};

class cfgWeapons {
   class Uniform_Base;
   class UniformItem;
class ItemInfo;

class Example_CombatUniform : Uniform_Base {
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Example Uniform";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_ca.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";

class ItemInfo : UniformItem {
           uniformModel = "-";
           uniformClass = "Example_Soldier_F";
           containerClass = "Supply20";
           mass = 80;
       };
   };
};

5). Edit the hiddenSelectionsTextures[] path to match your folder structure, and save the file.

6). Now pack the folder we created in step 1 using BinPBO.

7). Copy the resulting pbo file to your mod folder, you may need to enable this folder in game options.

(example: C:\Users\userName\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\@whatever\addons\)

8). In the editor you should find your unit here -> Blufor | Men, Job Done!

If you get stuck ask for help here -> ARMA 3 - ALPHA : ADDONS - Configs & Scripting

thank you very much it worked :D

Edited by elminster1000

I downloaded it and as soon as I copied it on my desktop, something weird was going on. PC started to slow down like hell, Bluescreens, Processes stopped working. Antivir found "ADWARE/InstallRex.Gen" inside the template archive and files.

EDIT: Malware was spread through whole computer, 100% coming from the archive :/

Edited by Brain

I downloaded it and as soon as I copied it on my desktop, something weird was going on. PC started to slow down like hell, Bluescreens, Processes stopped working. Antivir found "ADWARE/InstallRex.Gen" inside the template archive and files.

Did exact same for me had to reboot and remove about 5 things...

Did exact same for me had to reboot and remove about 5 things...

Okay, this and my Antivir confirms that it was definitely the archive. I removed it now, somehow malware spread into various files in System32 (hurr durr, delete sys32 it makes ur pc fastaa) and Google Chrome. I planned my night with texturing, not deleting :p

EDIT: Win8 SmartScreen stops reacting now and then.

EDIT 2: Teamspeak and Chrome do, too.

EDIT 3: Explorer.exe does, too. Razer Synapse stopped working, too. However, War Thunder and ArmA3 Performance did not decrease/still work.

EDIT 4: Photoshop's fucked up, too. Greeeeeat.

Edited by Brain

I am just wondering if all of you downloaded from the first post and did not remove that checked box than yes, the archive will be full with malware. When downloading things from the internet it is adviced to read what you are actually downloading. Specially with those hosting sites when they offer you a quicker/better download tool..........you are asking for trouble.

I am just wondering if all of you downloaded from the first post and did not remove that checked box than yes, the archive will be full with malware. When downloading things from the internet it is adviced to read what you are actually downloading. Specially with those hosting sites when they offer you a quicker/better download tool..........you are asking for trouble.

I honestly can't believe that you believe people would be stupid enough to download a download tool from a site like that. And then writing "read what you are downloading". So no, I did not download any download tool and yes I removed every checkbox. It IS 100% the download archive from him that is causing it.

Would be great with some tutorial explaining how you apply oa, height and cavity and all that in photoshop, as it would make putting a new texture alot easier.

I honestly can't believe that you believe people would be stupid enough to download a download tool from a site like that. And then writing "read what you are downloading". So no, I did not download any download tool and yes I removed every checkbox. It IS 100% the download archive from him that is causing it.

You can not believe that? Really? Do you think those sites add their "tools" in vain? I but 1000's (x a few more) of people download their crap thinking it is the best tool they ever saw.

If you really think everyone is so carefull I think you are wrong........

Thing is, I have scanned files seperatly with different file scanners and the files come up clean.

I have scanned the archive and the files with another scanner, and again all turns up clean.

But I get malware warning after malware warning is when I do download not unchecking the box..............so really........ I wonder what is happening here. But if you do not appreciate my help do not worry, I wont reply here anymore about that issue. I am sure you can figure out what happened with that few others reporting the same.

If you leave it checked, you download a malware tool from the hoster (.exe only), if you uncheck it, you download the right (and supposed to be clean) archive.

I have scanned the archive with Windows Defender, Avira, Kaspersky, all of them give me a malware alert.

Also, so far after scanning my whole system, around 230 files/archives are infected, my desktop is often not reacting, chrome is crashing constantly, graphic applications like War Thunder, ArmA and Rise of Flight stay in good performance, however every 10 minutes I have a 2 minute hang-up and nothings reacting, sounds keep stuck.

Hi Saul,

or anyone else, would it be possible to make such templates also for new Independent side we now have in Beta ?

I think a lot of people would appreciate that.

Thanks a lot. :)

Download Here

Independent Army Temps, been a long time coming but I have been really busy with John S with the F18s.

Oh and the download is from my dropbox, should be malware free for those that don't read what you download.

Thanks Fox, also original post updated as well. NATO and OPFOR templates also moved to my dropbox.

This is a life-saver Sau, thank you. Started to work on the Independents as well and was just about to give up ;)

This will be a dumb question, but what is a psd? how do I open it?

It's Photoshops main fileformat :) You need Photoshop.

Thanks Paul and Topas, I am to please. Next up will be a pilot pack.

@Victim- As Alex said, a PSD file is photoshops main readable file format. I will probably make individual jpegs or targa files in the future for those who do not own photoshop however for those of you who want to get serious into modeling and/ or texturing I would highly advise getting it.

Yeah but not all of this can afford to pay a months worth of rent to buy it. Gimp works fine for me and saving it in 2 different formats takes about a whole 20 seconds for someone with photoshop. but thanks anyway, I guess i'll just keep doing the same thing that I've been doing. I just thought your addon would save a few minutes. Thanks anyway

Well, what file format would you like and still works in layers? Let me know and I'll update the templates to include those files.