saul

PSD Templates for NATO Soldiers

Hi all,

I am Saul. I saw what Topas has done with his templete and wanted to follow the example and create NATO and eventually OPFOR and Independant base templates for all the textures available in the Alpha thus far. Each template consists of the base original diffuse (color or .co) texture for reference, a normal map (.nohq) as well as a height map, ambient occlusion, and cavity map. All the things any texture artist will need to create a new reskin of any existing Arma 3 character. Really all you will need to do is add your own camo, some base color, throw in some dirt and your good to go.

reskinp.jpg

Left is default arma3, middle is da pinky, and right is a simple retexture.

Current Package contains various .psd files. Each template has two groups for Normal and Diffuse maps with a few layers in diffuse group for the base, height, AO, Cavity and an empty layer. Also color coded so you don't get mixed up which group you are working in.

NATO Templates

ClothingTemplate.psd

ArmorTemplate.psd

EquipTemplate.psd

VestsTemplate.psd

OPFOR Template

ClothingTemplate.psd

OfficerTemplate.psd

TechTemplate.psd

Independent Template

INDE_Clothing_Template.psd

INDE_Equip_Template.psd

INDE_Helmet_Template.psd

Download:

NATO Army Templates

OPFOR Army Templates

Independent Army Templates

More to come.

Edited by Saul

** post fixed, it was pre-moderated, thats why you could not see it anymore but it was still there. If you want me to remove the second post, let me know!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Edited by Guest

Thanks Fox, and yes you can delete the second post as it is no longer needed.

For those interested, OPFOR templates have been finished. Each template contains same number of groups and layers as the NATO varients.

ClothingTemplate.psd

OfficerTemplate.psd

TechTemplate.psd

Download link below:

A3 OPFOR Templates

Enjoy:D

These are great Saul! They cut out a lot of base work an experienced texture artist would have to go through putting it into photoshop. What they lack though is the accessibility of Topas' templates for new people to make their own units.

That said, thanks for releasing such a pack, and with opfor units to boot!! I'll make sure Foxhound is aware of the second pack. :)

Edit:

Do you have some pics for the OPFOR version?

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Not at the moment, I've actually been working on a replacement pack for the default NATO units. I'll make something up here right quick and get them posted.

Gonna have the Pilot Templates done here soon as well. Hot Pink flight suits anyone!!!

It's alright I made some pics myself at Foxhounds request, should be up on Armaholic by the end of tonight. ;)

hello,

First of all, thank you for the psd, it greatly facilitates the work we and saves us time.

However, I have a concern.

when I integrated the addon to the game units are extremely brillante.As you encounter the same problem?

is that it is an adjustment to the psd is or could this possibly come from rvmat use in arma 3.

I noticed you added a rendering in.

thank you again for the work performed.

http://imageshack.us/a/img248/6648/2013031400004.jpg (147 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/3753/2013031400001.jpg (153 kB)

For those interested, OPFOR templates have been finished. Each template contains same number of groups and layers as the NATO varients.

ClothingTemplate.psd

OfficerTemplate.psd

TechTemplate.psd

Download link below:

A3 OPFOR Templates

Enjoy:D

How are these a template? I mean, all it is is a bunch of overlays over the base texture. There's no separate camo layer or anything, like for the NATO soldiers.

How are these a template? I mean, all it is is a bunch of overlays over the base texture. There's no separate camo layer or anything, like for the NATO soldiers.

How is that relevant to his topic? If you aren't going to use it that's fine. No need to comment with such ignorance and negativity.

It's a 'template' in that it saves people the first few steps if they were to want to re-texture the OPFOR A3 units, pretty sure most people doing re-textures would be capable of separating the cam layer from other pieces themselves.

If it's not what you are after don't use it.

It's something to start with, what topas' did was really above and beyond, it involved no real work for the end user, as you can see by the mass of retextures released.

;2338174']It's something to start with' date=' what topas' did was really above and beyond, it involved no real work for the end user, as you can see by the mass of retextures released.[/quote']

ok. I guess I see that.

Ok, I'll break this down barney style as far as my iteration of templates go.

In each template contains several layers in two groups. There is the diffuse group which is going to be you color map or .co and there is the normal group which has the normal map or .nohq.

The diffuse group is your primary template, the normal is just there in case you need it. In the diffuse you will find the original texture, an empty layer, a height map, cavity map, and a ambient occlusion. Each of the last three maps are set to multiply so they can be overlapped with the base texture (that being whatever you want it to be). So if I wanted the soldier uniform, vest, or helmet to be hot pink I would simply just have to make the diffuse layer pink and I would still get all the uniform definition from the multiply layers without having to painstakingly add it all in over the original texture. You can see it taken to great effect from Seyv's retexture.

Quiet literally all you would need to do is add your camo, some base color information for anything you don't want camo, and let the multiply layers do the rest of the work.

Seyv's as far as your question, I have noticed that the soldiers after re-textured do shine like no other and I do believe it is from RVmats which I know very little about. They are something I am going to have to learn in the near future.

Edited by Saul

diffuse layer or anywhere under the 3 multiply layers.

Saul what tool did you use to get the height map?, I'm guessing you used xNormal to get the cavity and ambient occlusion maps.

Hello first thank you for providing these templates ...

I am new to the world of textures in Photoshop and also ...

I made a retexture job, for my use of the Pararescue Jumpers (PJs) How do I release? Who ask permission and authorization?

Another question regarding the relief layer (purple) ... How do I make one? Is there a tutorial, so I can study and learn ..

thank you very much

Jether Pontes

hi Saul,

Thanks a million for your templates - I used them in my OPFOR Chinese addon.

I'm wondering how you created the three layers (AO, Height, Cavity) that can be directly layered over an existing camo pattern. This saves me time doing shadowing, for example. I'm interested in doing this for a reskin of the Ifrit to fit my PLA units.

Any tips?

Hey all, I will be working on more templates soon however I've been busy with other works and life in general. I will be working on Pilot PSDs, Independent, Civilian, etc in due time.

As far as vehicles go, I will have to look at the PAA files to see what can be done and I'll make a template.

Hey all, I will be working on more templates soon however I've been busy with other works and life in general. I will be working on Pilot PSDs, Independent, Civilian, etc in due time.

As far as vehicles go, I will have to look at the PAA files to see what can be done and I'll make a template.

Many thanks Saul .... I will be waiting