Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Will the Helmets come with more functions?

I just wondering with a lot of gadgets attached to the helmet, will they have some functions in the future? Or are they just cosmetics? I think it would be appropriate to think that they will have some functionalities, like flash lights or such

A flashlight wouldn't sound too bad on the helmet. Other than that, the only other gadgets that seem reasonable would be night vision and perhaps the microphone for communication which they already have.

One idea for a mod that'd be awesome. imagine a go-pro cam in the helmet. Then you could view the footage after. It would allow for great videos of ARMA to be made. ARMAFunker XD

One idea for a mod that'd be awesome. imagine a go-pro cam in the helmet. Then you could view the footage after. It would allow for great videos of ARMA to be made. ARMAFunker XD

We already have that..just use any video recording software and add an effect to it to look distorted.

I don't know of too many functions for a helmet..well first they need to stop bullets better ;)

Maybe a dim IR strobe? Spot to store goggles or glasses?

Minimap display with a limited battery life would be very cool, low possibility but would be pretty cool.

or

IR Strobe?

I am more interesting if helmet display (used by both side) have any actual function, like the Apache one in Arma2

The IR strobe functionality would be interesting, but the current implementation basically has the NVGs act in that role already (i.e. built-in IR strobe for illumination instead of being strictly "starlight").

Aye the helmets need more functions, the opfor helmet does not make sense at the moment considering it seems not to do any thing different and looks like it costs lots of money. Every thing I think of tho to add to the helmet would really hamper game play tho, such as a situation awareness thing that helps you spot targets and stuff or a intelligent map/gps that shows location of units and what not. Considering google glasses by 2035 the military should be able to put some awesome stuff in there helmets.

Having attachments for the helmet iteself would be a nice idea, you could attach a flashlight/strobe/glowstick/futuristic HUD things/thermal nightvision

since there is picture in picture tech available in arma3, head cam thing is not impossible. imagine that u can check your friend's fov with a little lcd screen in your gear. just like HuntIR in Ace.

A beer holder would be a great addon, with one of them silly straw things like you get on beer hats.

Thanks to the pip tech I agree a cam would be nice to help team leader on the field or commanders back in base in their fancy chairs trying to reassure the chief of staff. It would be nice if helmets had attachments like the weapons, (flashlight, camera, pack of cigs, rainbow cats etc). Also I'd like the OPFOR helmet redesigned please, the general shape is obnoxious to me and the attached (imho) failed futuristic little tactical sun glasses just make it worse, I really am not a fan of it, but that's merely the opinion of one, me. :)