Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

Could you please make this M4 compatible with JSRS 2.0 Sounds , just make something like a file to replace so you use the FN F2000 weapon sound from JSRS 2.0.

Could you please make this M4 compatible with JSRS 2.0 Sounds , just make something like a file to replace so you use the FN F2000 weapon sound from JSRS 2.0.

I'm reluctant to do this. If I do, then people will ask to use the Katiba or MX sound instead of the F2000 sound. Obviously, there is no way to please everyone.

What I will probably look into is to support JSRS's distance sounds and altered sounds in interiors.

i would have to agree with Alwarren, i have shot an AR-15 in real life and i would say it sounds more like the MX the F2000, although with the Czech mod me and Atin have been working on the Vz.58 is glitched and uses the MX sounds without us making it when JSRS enabled. so its possible

Open the JSRS and this Mod up in eliteness and replace the sound file with the JSRS sound file

The problem is , it needs not only the soundfile but the integration with JSRS 2.0, so that when you indoors for example the sound gets modulated accordingly .

So it would be awesome if Alwarren could cooperate with LordJarhead and make this M4 integrated into the JSRS 2.0 mod , if you use the FHQ M4.

As I said, making it compatible with JSRS 2.0 is definitely on the todo list :)

Not sure if mentioned but dropping a black m4 to ground makes it look like a green camo variant, and when you pick it back up its black again.

Really awesome addon. Wish there was m16 with this high quality too, and some other guns too!

Not sure if mentioned but dropping a black m4 to ground makes it look like a green camo variant, and when you pick it back up its black again.

Unfortunately, the color change it an age old bug that I had reported somewhere in the depth of time (Issue tracker says 2013-03-16) and it affects all retextures done via hiddenSelections, including uniforms and other items. It even affects the black MX. Here is the relevant ticket, and it seems that as of yesterday it has been assigned... so there's hope :)

Using hiddenSelections allows a modder to retexture a model without the need to modify the model itself, so it's highly preferable but unfortunately it has this side effect.

Really awesome addon. Wish there was m16 with this high quality too, and some other guns too!

Come to think of it, I think Varanon made an M16... I guess I should check on that one.

Another observation, supressed M4 seems to do way too little damage, sometimes it takes 4-5 hits to the chest to drop a guy from 50 meters away and its not even subsonic ammo.

Another observation, supressed M4 seems to do way too little damage, sometimes it takes 4-5 hits to the chest to drop a guy from 50 meters away and its not even subsonic ammo.

Yeah, they are still using old suppressor values, not really working with the soldier protection... Need to update them.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

At long last, a new update is available. I just saw that I wanted to update the silencers and forgot that, but I am going to do that in the next release.

Current version is 1.9, first post updated. Most notable feature of this release is custom reload animations, for both standing and prone. Also. I reworked some models, and some of the textures (where the magazine was shadowed by the magazine well.

In case you are planning to add custom reload anims to your own weapons, this is how I did it:

class CfgMovesBasic
{
    class DefaultDie;
    class ManActions
    {
        FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG = "FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG";    
       FHQ_GestureReloadM4Prone = "FHQ_GestureReloadM4Prone";
    };

class Actions {
       class RifleBaseStandActions;
       class NoActions : ManActions {
           FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG", "Gesture"};
       };
       class RifleProneActions : RifleBaseStandActions {
           FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM4Prone", "Gesture"};
       };
   };
};

class CfgGesturesMale
{
   class Default;
   class RifleReloadProneBase;
    class States
    {
        class FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG: Default
        {
            file="\FHQ_M4_A3\M4A1\data\anims\m4_fg_reload.rtm";
            looped=0;
            speed=0.24; //0.1666;
            mask="handsWeapon";
            headBobStrength=0.200000;
            headBobMode=2;
           canPullTrigger=0;
            rightHandIKBeg=1;
            rightHandIKEnd=1;
            leftHandIKCurve[]={0,1,0.050000,0,0.950000,0,1,1};
        };
       class FHQ_GestureReloadM4Prone: Default
       {
           file="\FHQ_M4_A3\M4A1\data\anims\m4_prone_reload.rtm";
            looped=0;
            speed=0.24; //0.1666;
            mask="handsWeapon";
            headBobMode=2;
           canPullTrigger=0;
            rightHandIKBeg=1;
            rightHandIKEnd=1;
       };
    };
};

Just thought this information might be useful to you fellow modders out there :)

As usual, feedback is welcome. Have fun!

At long last, a new update is available. I just saw that I wanted to update the silencers and forgot that, but I am going to do that in the next release.

Current version is 1.9, first post updated. Most notable feature of this release is custom reload animations, for both standing and prone. Also. I reworked some models, and some of the textures (where the magazine was shadowed by the magazine well.

In case you are planning to add custom reload anims to your own weapons, this is how I did it:

class CfgMovesBasic
{
    class DefaultDie;
    class ManActions
    {
        FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG = "FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG";    
       FHQ_GestureReloadM4Prone = "FHQ_GestureReloadM4Prone";
    };

class Actions {
       class RifleBaseStandActions;
       class NoActions : ManActions {
           FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG", "Gesture"};
       };
       class RifleProneActions : RifleBaseStandActions {
           FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM4Prone", "Gesture"};
       };
   };
};

class CfgGesturesMale
{
   class Default;
   class RifleReloadProneBase;
    class States
    {
        class FHQ_GestureReloadM4FG: Default
        {
            file="\FHQ_M4_A3\M4A1\data\anims\m4_fg_reload.rtm";
            looped=0;
            speed=0.24; //0.1666;
            mask="handsWeapon";
            headBobMode=2;
           canPullTrigger=0;
            rightHandIKBeg=1;
            rightHandIKEnd=1;
        };
       class FHQ_GestureReloadM4Prone: Default
       {
           file="\FHQ_M4_A3\M4A1\data\anims\m4_prone_reload.rtm";
            looped=0;
            speed=0.24; //0.1666;
            mask="handsWeapon";
            headBobMode=2;
           canPullTrigger=0;
            rightHandIKBeg=1;
            rightHandIKEnd=1;
       };
    };
};

Just thought this information might be useful to you fellow modders out there :)

As usual, feedback is welcome. Have fun!

Thx, ill try the new update :)

1 question: some chances for the "FHQ Remington Pack" that would come for Arma3?

1 question: some chances for the "FHQ Remington Pack" that would come for Arma3?

+ 1.

That would be a great release to do, very suiting to A3's timeline.

Thanks for the update m8. :)

Remington pack will come. I had to find a way to make custom reloads, I hate to release an unpolished pack. That is why I added RTM support to my Blender toolbox :)

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

I must say that this update is a pleasant surprise. The new textures are much better, and the reload animation is a great addition. I have noticed that it kinda clips through the shoulder when you reload it, and this is especially visible when moving. If I may say it might work better if when you reload it the weapon is shouldered and the reload happens "in your face", that way the shoulder doesn't clip and you get to see the reload from closer up.

I must say that this update is a pleasant surprise. The new textures are much better, and the reload animation is a great addition. I have noticed that it kinda clips through the shoulder when you reload it, and this is especially visible when moving. If I may say it might work better if when you reload it the weapon is shouldered and the reload happens "in your face", that way the shoulder doesn't clip and you get to see the reload from closer up.

I'll check it. These things are rather difficult to tune right. There's some extra fixes waiting for the pack anyway :)

Thanks for informing us about the new update mate :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod or update v1.9 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@fhq_m4_a3.png

@ Alwarren;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks Foxhound and Sonsalt6 for the mirrors :) First post updated.

I'd say the new animation is too choppy, maybe smoothen it?

Making animations like this run smoothly and lifelike is difficult. Even some of the BI animations are weird (MG reloads). The only community made reload anim that's up there with all the other FPS titles is Toadies for his M60. But the guy also has a lot more experience than most Arma modders have with regards to these things. Arma's only gotten reload animations now, CS modders have been doing them for ten years now.

It could be improved, but it is far from "too X" anything.

It could be improved, but it is far from "too X" anything.

Indeed. The problem is that if I wanted to make them right, I'd spent far too much time on it. I'm content with how they are, especially given BIS' own MG anim being pretty mechanical as well :)