Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

Can we get the latest version on PlayWithSix as the one on there breaks the sniper rifles etc.

Excellent mod, both this and the accessories, though the sniper scope doesn't attach and the magazine has a tendency to disappear from time to time.

Can we get the latest version on PlayWithSix as the one on there breaks the sniper rifles etc.

That's not under my control, I have tried to get my files hosted on PWS in the past but never reached anyone.

Excellent mod, both this and the accessories, though the sniper scope doesn't attach and the magazine has a tendency to disappear from time to time.

Have you updated both the accessories and the M4's?

Have you tried using this Mod update page: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests I found it useful for updating my Nogovan Armed Forces Mod :)

I wasn't aware of this page. I tried to find out whom to contact and never really found out. Wonder why I never ended up on that page O.o

The old version is already available on PWS and I've posted a request to update to latest couple of days ago.

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests_pt2#reply_12163713

Thanks. I guess it would have been easier if there was some automatic update process :)

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

the magazine has a tendency to disappear from time to time.

I noticed there is an issue with all weapons with grenade launcher. If you switch fire mode while you reload strange things happen with the magazine, including but not limited to, disappearing magazines, floating magazines etc. It happens with my M4's, but also with the MX and other weapons. See here.

I wasn't aware of this page. I tried to find out whom to contact and never really found out. Wonder why I never ended up on that page O.o

I only know of this page, as Sickboy directed me to it :)

Thanks. I guess it would have been easier if there was some automatic update process :)

I remember Sickboy he was going to hopefully have the abillity for addon makers to do this in the future. Hopefully we will see it soon as it would be a useful feature :)

I remember Sickboy he was going to hopefully have the abillity for addon makers to do this in the future. Hopefully we will see it soon as it would be a useful feature :)

Indeed, and given the general resistance by addon makers (myself included) to host on the workshop, this would be an easy-to-use alternative.

The gun looks good so far...

But I must ask, do you plan on updating the model of the weapon to fit better? Like the butt-stock resting on the shoulder during operation?

The gun looks good so far...

But I must ask, do you plan on updating the model of the weapon to fit better? Like the butt-stock resting on the shoulder during operation?

I thought about it, but I don't know how to achieve this without extending the stock too far. A shoulder pad might work... OTOH, if you wear a backpack, it would start to clip.. I'll have to see what I can do when I get the time again.

Also, a small thing. Is there any chance to include the "flash axis" which rotates the muzzle flash like on BIS weapons?

Also, a small thing. Is there any chance to include the "flash axis" which rotates the muzzle flash like on BIS weapons?

Already done, I just didn't want to release a new version "just" for that. But the next version will have the rotating/ranom muzzle flashes.

Love your mods! Are you going to update the weapon textures? Right now when you put one of your fancy new shiny attachments on one of the M4s it makes the gun look kind of bland.

Love your mods! Are you going to update the weapon textures? Right now when you put one of your fancy new shiny attachments on one of the M4s it makes the gun look kind of bland.

Well obviously, textures are a matter of taste. I might, at a later point, add more variants (like the hex pattern of OPFOR) but right now, I'd rather put some finishing touches on the accessory pack (as in, 3D scopes) and move on to the Remington pack ;)

I'm with you, can't wait for the 3d acog. Your M4s are my weapon of choice. :-)

I'm with you, can't wait for the 3d acog. Your M4s are my weapon of choice. :-)

Glad to hear :D

I'm having issues with sound with the latest 0.60 update. I have the latest FHQ weapons and accessories addon. Anyone else having the same problem? The gun makes 0 noise when fired but there is noise when the bullet impacts something. Thanks

btw love the M4, great job

I'm having issues with sound with the latest 0.60 update. I have the latest FHQ weapons and accessories addon. Anyone else having the same problem? The gun makes 0 noise when fired but there is noise when the bullet impacts something. Thanks

I don't have any issues with the sound. Are you using other mods?

Same here, patch 0.60 installed. Using modfolders @fhq_accessories, @fhq_m4_a3 and also RH_pdw doesnt work for me. Any solution to this problem?

Could you do the remington bolt action sniper? Like this....

http://www.fishgame.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/remington-700.jpg (183 kB)

The M24? Yeah I was thinking of adding one, but I am probably going to take it one step at the time, meaning the ACR's will be first, followed by RSASS, XM2010, MSR and then the M24.

Same here, patch 0.60 installed. Using modfolders @fhq_accessories, @fhq_m4_a3 and also RH_pdw doesnt work for me. Any solution to this problem?

Are you using the very latest version of the M4's? The sound names have changed, and the latest update should rectify that proble, so I'd encourage you to download it again. V1.6 is the most current one.

I'll try downloading and installing it again, I thought I had 1.6. I'll let you know if it works (or if it doesn't :P)

I also have CBA installed

Edited by specter491

Are you using the very latest version of the M4's? The sound names have changed, and the latest update should rectify that proble, so I'd encourage you to download it again. V1.6 is the most current one.

FHQ_M4_A3_v1.6t and FHQ_Accessories_v1.1 are now installed and working correctly. Sounds are wonderfull, you did a fine job. Thanks.

FHQ_M4_A3_v1.6t and FHQ_Accessories_v1.1 are now installed and working correctly. Sounds are wonderfull, you did a fine job. Thanks.

Good to know :) Thanks.

Looks like PWS still has an old version of your addon, 1.4. :( I was also here to complain about missing sounds, but it seems like it is indeed a version issue.