Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

@Alwarren, the M4 pack looks fantastic, i hope i can make an equally good quality G3 Battle Rile Pack :)

@Alwarren, the M4 pack looks fantastic, i hope i can make an equally good quality G3 Battle Rile Pack :)

Thanks :) What I saw so far of your G3's looks great, if you need any help let me know :)

Thanks :) What I saw so far of your G3's looks great, if you need any help let me know :)

That would be appreciated, i will drop you a PM if i have any questions :)

that's a bit weird because the M4 have no series ambidextrious bolt release and on the m4 the bolt release is on the left but that's lovely ;)

that's a bit weird because the M4 have no series ambidextrious bolt release and on the m4 the bolt release is on the left but that's lovely ;)

Yeah I know, but making my own reload gesture right now is a bit scary :)

'unHideValue' works then does it? I thought we needed a new version of binPBO to compile a model.cfg with it.

Looks good man. Can't say I'm looking forward to making custom reload gestures either :crazy_o:

'unHideValue' works then does it? I thought we needed a new version of binPBO to compile a model.cfg with it.

Unfortunately it doesn't. What I am doing is, I have another axis in the memory lod that is half a kilometer (well, not quite but a bit) under the floor, and the magazine goes there while it is invisible. unhideValue doesn't seem to do anything without the proper new binarize/binPBO.

(If you read that, BIS Devs, can we have those? Please? ;))

Looks good man. Can't say I'm looking forward to making custom reload gestures either :crazy_o:

To be honest, I wouldn't really know how to start. I suppose that they are done via the BISkeleton, but I really wouldn't know how to do that; For the time being, I am happy it looks like reloading :)

Is there any way to fix the huge distance between the M4's stock and the soldier's shoulder?

Is there any way to fix the huge distance between the M4's stock and the soldier's shoulder?

Not really. Extending the stock any more than that is going to look ludicrous, and moving the weapon any closer will result in an even steeper angle of the hands than it already is. The distance isn't that big anymore, maybe four centimeters, but next to impossible to bridge without looking weirder.

Excelent improvment of your M4, good job, i love it.

Just one thing, the cone smoke going out the barrel after a shot is not aligned with the muzzle for 5 or 10 cm. Not really visible when using it correctly (i mean shooting at enemis ^^) but in side view, it's really visible.

Any, great work

New Release out now.

Changes include real reload animation (with magazine), minor tweaks and fixes, and other things. See the FriedenHQ site for more info. First post isupdated to reflect changes.

Please

Those of you that have contacted me before about using the weapons in their addons, please write me again so I can provide you with a link to the source files.

Also: Someone contacted me Friday on Steam and posted a link. Unfortunately, I closed the chat and I don't have a clue how to get a chat back from Steam, so please contact me again.

Have fun!

Just one thing, the cone smoke going out the barrel after a shot is not aligned with the muzzle for 5 or 10 cm. Not really visible when using it correctly (i mean shooting at enemis ^^) but in side view, it's really visible

Thanks, noted. I'll see that I fix that in the next release, have to get the random muzzle flash working anyway

Update Steam, they seemed to have solved that problem in one of the more recent versions, as long as you remember who the message was from so you can re-open the chat window with them.

Update Steam, they seemed to have solved that problem in one of the more recent versions, as long as you remember who the message was from so you can re-open the chat window with them.

Thanks, I'll try that. I do think I have Steam up-to-date, but I'll make sure.

really hope to find some servers who will start using these. some(what i think are) bugs i noticed so far though is that the muzzle flash is a little inside the barrel, think i recall it being further out in the last version.

and the sound is still silenced when shooting the M203 with a silencer on the M4.

really hope to find some servers who will start using these. some(what i think are) bugs i noticed so far though is that the muzzle flash is a little inside the barrel, think i recall it being further out in the last version.

I haven't moved the proxies, so they are at the same place. I'll have to work on them anyway since they are always the same instead of variation like the normal ones.

and the sound is still silenced when shooting the M203 with a silencer on the M4.

This is a game engine bug, nothing to do with these. You will get the same result with all other rifles, even the BIS ones. There's already a ticket in the isue tracker for that :)

I would like to add these directly to my men in editor, do you have the classnames for this?

Think they're all in the Readme PDF.

Thank you very much for your kind words towards our efforts. This kind of appreciation makes all those hours we put into it well worth it and keeps us going :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thank you very much for your kind words towards our efforts. This kind of appreciation makes all those hours we put into it well worth it and keeps us going :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thank you for the mirror, Foxhound. Seriously, where would we all be without your efforts? If I look for something ARMA-Related, I look on Armaholic, and I am 100% sure I'll find it :)

I can't seem to get the mod to update.

I've totally deleted it and re-downloaded, enabled, disabled, and I'm still running the very first version. I'm stumped :confused:

Any ideas? Lol

Thanks.

I've totally deleted it and re-downloaded, enabled, disabled, and I'm still running the very first version. I'm stumped :confused:

Well, first of all make sure you did NOT copy the files into "Addons". Check for an fhq_m4_a3.pbo in there.

Secondly, there are two places you can install mods into, Either your Arma 3 directory, or your "My Documents\Arma 3 Alpha" directory. Make sure you delete any of these if you have it in either.

Other than that, you have either not deleted all older versions, or you have unpacked an older archive. No idea what happens there.

With the new version I have lost compatibility with this mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19809). A few of the silencers show up as a chrome look on other users when in a dark area also.

Nothing has changed about the configs, the attachments are inherited from the default Rifle class, and only the M4 silencers should work.

What do you exactly mean when you say "lost compatibility"? And do these other users have the most current version?

Nothing has changed about the configs, the attachments are inherited from the default Rifle class, and only the M4 silencers should work.

What do you exactly mean when you say "lost compatibility"? And do these other users have the most current version?

Yes others are runnin current version. The thermal and NV optics no longer can be loaded onto the rifle anymore when I attempt it.