Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

On another note, +1 to scarecrow398's comment, the rifle definitely needs more recoil, not too much, but at least something comparable to the current mx 6.8 just ever so slightly reduced.

i think slightly less than the MX is a little too much, IMO the MX has too much recoil already, as i said, put a unit in the editor and paste 'this setunitrecoilcoefficent 4' in the units initialization box and try the M4, this is not a permanent fix, more of a quick way of adjusting recoil in the editor until its right.

Wait, two things:

#1: How would this substantively (enough to in my mind justify the effort) differ from the existing EBR besides caliber?

#2: Don't tell me that you're sticking the MK 14 EBR into the FHQ M4 pack too? :( I already held that against RH's MK 18 pack for OA/CO!

I was simply saying that we are looking into the matter of the Hand-Anim because it is clipping trough the RIS on the left side, because of the currently used hand-anim. Since the EBR has a Handanim that only grabs the weapon by the foregrip that could potentially fix the issue. And no, i do not thing Alwarren is looking to include a rifle to the pack that has nothing todo with the m4 and is already featured in the game.

i think slightly less than the MX is a little too much, IMO the MX has too much recoil already, as i said, put a unit in the editor and paste 'this setunitrecoilcoefficent 4' in the units initialization box and try the M4, this is not a permanent fix, more of a quick way of adjusting recoil in the editor until its right.

I tried different recoils. BIS usually has a 1of10 up to 10of10 preset. I think the MX is using something like the 3of10. I tried a 2often and that was hardly noticeable at all. The M4 currently uses 2.5.

Your description makes complete sense, and I'll check into it; you have pointed out what you see as an issue, and I am more than willing to work on that, if I know what the actual criticism is.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

So I wanna help with this. How can we make the suppressor be able to be grabbed from a crate as the m4 rifle and ammo is? Do I need the CBA mods from A2 or something?

So I wanna help with this. How can we make the suppressor be able to be grabbed from a crate as the m4 rifle and ammo is? Do I need the CBA mods from A2 or something?

Not sure what you mean, the M4 suppressor is contained in the Colt Supply Crate.

What did you do to get the cases to eject?

This works exaclty as it did in Arma 2, it's a matter of having the correct memory points. I don't know the names right now since they are Czech, and I am not near my computer, but if you look at any of the standard models for Arma 2, you'll see them.

Not sure what you mean, the M4 suppressor is contained in the Colt Supply Crate.

Virtual ammo crate ;). It causes less lag on multiplayer. Other than that the M4 works as intended. I can get everything except the suppressor

I think he is talking about a custom supressor, with custom Model and config.

I think he is talking about a custom supressor, with custom Model and config.

No I am talking about grabbing the suppressor from the Virtual Ammo Crate on multi-player missions being the V.A.C. produces a lot less glitches and less dsync on servers. I can grab the M4 rifle and Ammo no problem's its the suppressor that I can not grab out of the crate and equip to the rifle. Most of the server I visit are running variations of the Dynamic War Sandbox Mission which has the virtual ammo crate supply; that I believe Tonic created, running in the mission so the map isn't cluttered with gear for the 100's of people to come into the server and empty.

Edit: found what I am talking about

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149077-Virtual-Ammobox-System-%28VAS%29

Edited by J_Thompson

No I am talking about grabbing the suppressor from the Virtual Ammo Crate on multi-player missions being the V.A.C. produces a lot less glitches and less dsync on servers. I can grab the M4 rifle and Ammo no problem's its the suppressor that I can not grab out of the crate and equip to the rifle. Most of the server I visit are running variations of the Dynamic War Sandbox Mission which has the virtual ammo crate supply; that I believe Tonic created, running in the mission so the map isn't cluttered with gear for the 100's of people to come into the server and empty.

Edit: found what I am talking about

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149077-Virtual-Ammobox-System-%28VAS%29

Ah I know what you mean, but I don't think it is a good idea, I prefix all class names with FHQ because otherwise I see potential conflicts with other people's addons. I am not sure why specific naming with a "muzzle" prefix is needed, since you just need to read the config entry of the weapon to find out the appropriate suppressor class name..?

Have you tried the regular 6.5 supressor?

Yes I have and it did not work.

Still kinda new on things Alwarren, don't even know what you are telling me lol. Modding was never a strong point of mine, only textures.

Yes I have and it did not work.

Still kinda new on things Alwarren, don't even know what you are telling me lol. Modding was never a strong point of mine, only textures.

What I mean is, if a script wants to fill an ammo box automatically, it can ready the weapon's config for the class name of the suppressor used. I don't know how exactly how that VAS works, but it has to deduce the ammo from the config as well; it has to read the magazines config entry to get all mags the weapon takes. In the same vein, it could read WeaponSlotInfo -> MuzzleSlot to get the suppressor's name.

A little WIP shot of a Colt M45 I whipped up in a couple of hours:

rBV0MbMs.pngACzDhQTs.png

(click for larger)

Still needs some cleanup work, and removal of some extraneous edge loops, and unwrapping (*sigh*... unwarpping). Also seeing some weird shading issues at the grip... it's a pretty early version anyway :)

I don't know if flashlight attachments for pistols are already in Arma 3, or if they actually work, but I'll try to throw that in as well.

YES! the one thing most people will probably say if they've played Arma 3 with me is of my constant complaints that the current pistols and the 9mm rounds lack of stopping power so this is a very welcome sight :D

Any chance you could look into the pistol recoil animations so there's more of a upwards flick in the wrist when firing like on the PO7 rather than the whole pistol rising like in the Rook/Arma 2?

Found a work around. The only problem with using the mods online really is other players will not see you carrying a weapon. I did figure out how to utilize the silencer though. goto editor drop in the colt crate and and the V.A.C. Then grab the silencer for the rifle out of the colt crate, go over to the V.A.C. and save the loadout. boom goto multiplayer go over to the V.A.C. and load that load out then you have a silenced M4 in multiplayer without having to clutter the map with the ingame ammo crates ;)

Any chance you could look into the pistol recoil animations so there's more of a upwards flick in the wrist when firing like on the PO7 rather than the whole pistol rising like in the Rook/Arma 2?

Don't think I can actually change that, and even if I could, I lack the talent to make convincing animations :)

Don't think I can actually change that, and even if I could, I lack the talent to make convincing animations :)

Oh, i figured it would just be a value you could adjust :(

Found a work around. The only problem with using the mods online really is other players will not see you carrying a weapon. I did figure out how to utilize the silencer though. goto editor drop in the colt crate and and the V.A.C. Then grab the silencer for the rifle out of the colt crate, go over to the V.A.C. and save the loadout. boom goto multiplayer go over to the V.A.C. and load that load out then you have a silenced M4 in multiplayer without having to clutter the map with the ingame ammo crates ;)

Though Careful - using a Mod-weapon other dont have will also remove your fireing sound for allys and might cause unneeded server-errors.

Oh yeah i know Flutter, we typically ask everyone to grab the few mods we run. Though it just shows that indeed you can run mods without all players having them. I like that but then again I don't. I liked counter strikes approach back in the day where mods were downloaded from the server to client side while you were runnin in that server. Could be a cool addition to the Arma 3 full release. That way people don't have mis-matches and they do see everything.

Edited by J_Thompson

Great mod. I'm seeing the M320 in the pbo, but I'm not finding any variants using the 320. Am I missing them are are those still to come?

Great mod. I'm seeing the M320 in the pbo, but I'm not finding any variants using the 320. Am I missing them are are those still to come?

The M320 variant isn't in yet, it was just a test version for trying the animation sources for the grenade launcher flip-up sight. I am not 100% sure they will end up in the pack, as I made a new M203 which IMO fits the M4 better. Fluttershy already textured it, I just need to make the other LOD's and take care of the zeroing.

Be advised, though, I don't mind users unpacking the pbo's and having a look inside, but I do claim copyright on the content, so if you intend to use anything of that, you'll have to ask my permission first :)

I just wanted a look inside, plus I have no idea besides cosmetics in the genre anyways. I prefer the 203 as well, so I'm glad to hear that!

Technically you can run a mod without all players having it. Practically, this is a very bad idea for most mods, especially mods that do more than just client-side display changes.

If a mission uses a mod (in the mission.sqm file), players won't even be allowed to join without the mod. They will be kicked for missing content as soon as they join a mission in progress or as soon as the server selects said mission. If the mission only uses the mod from a script, though, this check won't happen (as the game can't tell which scripts might use a mod to require it), and thus some very errors and issues can appear. You should be making sure your missions require all critical mods that your server is using, either with a script that checks their existence or by making sure your mission.sqm requires them by placing something in the editor that requires said mod (at least assuming the mod is properly configured to set up the requirements?).

How do the ballistics work with the Arma 3 sights? I'm assuming the elevation markers won't work properly with 5.56? Any chance to include real-world sights that will fit the ballistics of the M4? How true-to-life is the config, anyway?