Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

Still. I may have sound rude ! Don't get me wrong :x I really love your work ! and this may be why I tried so many things to get it to work properly :p Actually there is now the RH PDW weapon pack that do have attachments support and works brilliantly too ( though i'm a not a fan of their weapons :p ). Seems they use two different pbo for their weapon. Maybe they could help you find the issue. Just a suggestion ;)

Still. I may have sound rude ! Don't get me wrong :x I really love your work ! and this may be why I tried so many things to get it to work properly :p Actually there is now the RH PDW weapon pack that do have attachments support and works brilliantly too ( though i'm a not a fan of their weapons :p ). Seems they use two different pbo for their weapon. Maybe they could help you find the issue. Just a suggestion ;)

Yeah, I'm sorry, this is getting really frustrating since I don't have the slightest clue what is going on. The only thing that might have some impact is the unhideValue I use in the hide magazine anim, that doesn't seem to work and according to Pettka it needs newer binarizing tools to work. I can simply remove that and send you a test version tomorrow, maybe that will fix the issue... if not, well... then it doesn't. It just strikes me as weird that it only happens for some people.

Well, as I said somewhere previously, during reloading, everything seems fine ! Attachments are put where they should, and magazine isn't floating anymore ( well, that may due to the fact that i'm reloading it :D ). So if your unhidevalue is somewhat related to the reloading, or it doesn't apply only when reloading. This could be this. You should dig in about difference between reloading and not because something is clearly "changing" during this phase of the weapon. Very good luck mate !

EDIT : btw ! no offense taken ;) I can completely understand your frustration ^^

EDIT2 : Dude... I'm so lost. Started the game again, and right now the weapon shows perfectly fine. I didn't change any mod since. I'm using the mod with the -mod command in launching parameters. And I don't get at all why this is so random ...

EDIT3 : I may have a solid repro of the bug...

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Okay !! So... After almost an hour to try to find what's going wrong. I think I found something. Still it's weird :

If I try your weapon for the very first time ( at each launch of the game ), on a custom map with a crate that use the fillcrate script that can be found somewhere around here. Weapon goes nuts.

If I try your wepaon with only my custom initiliazed man, or with your colt crate. It works.

Now it gets more complicated...

Once I tried it the very first time under those "safe" conditions. I can load my custom map with the fillcrate script, launch the game, and everything works well.

My two cents ? I think this is something between the fillcrate script, and your texture cannot load error. Because this popup message only happen the very first time you try your weapon. So if you have a fix for this message, this could get rid of this.

Obviously, this is pure speculation and i'm absolutely not sure that this is the real issue. Will investigate a little more tomorrow.

EDIT 5 : hmmm seems even more complicated in fact ! This issue is not due to the fillcrate.sqf script. It seems to happen if you initialize your weapon with other custom made soldiers on the map. with custom attachments and all. As I stated earlier. If you start the very first time alone and let the error popup goes, everything seems to go smooth afterwards whereas.. In the inverse situation... If you intialize your weapon on a "bad" situation, it'll stay like this for all the game.

To conclude for real this time for tonight. I'd suggest you to make your player with your M4 by adding its equipement on the init line. AND, make other soldiers having others weapons and attachments ( maybe having the same attachment as yours is the issue ? ) and try it yourself. Note that you have to do this for the very first time you launch the game !!

On a positive note, if you have solved the error popup issue, I can gladly test if it automaticaly solves this issue with my mission that tends to make it easily reproducable :)

Edited by M4Mkey

Good work so far, but the front post needs some work. And it's using the wrong type of barrel, m4's have a kink right after the front post for the attachment of the 203. And the stock could be pulled out more, doesn't need it, but it looks funny not shouldering the weapon. No one in the world who is a competent shooter shoots like that.

EDIT 5 : hmmm seems even more complicated in fact ! This issue is not due to the fillcrate.sqf script. It seems to happen if you initialize your weapon with other custom made soldiers on the map. with custom attachments and all. As I stated earlier. If you start the very first time alone and let the error popup goes, everything seems to go smooth afterwards whereas.. In the inverse situation... If you intialize your weapon on a "bad" situation, it'll stay like this for all the game.

Oh man, thanks for the extensive testing. I've sent you a link in PM with a hopefully fixed version. I still couldn't reproduce the behavior, but maybe the new version fixes it.

Good work so far, but the front post needs some work. And it's using the wrong type of barrel, m4's have a kink right after the front post for the attachment of the 203. And the stock could be pulled out more, doesn't need it, but it looks funny not shouldering the weapon. No one in the world who is a competent shooter shoots like that.

I added the kink ni the barrel. About the stock, yeah I know that you would normally have it against your shoulder, I used to be in the army and we had the G3A3, not pulling it tightly into your shoulder could be quite painful :) I'll see how far I can extend it, but I have to make a custom hand anim anyway since the front grip hand clips through the rail...

Anything in particular about the front sight?

Answered your PM Alwarren and already tried your new version but with no luck. Still have this "issue". As stated in the MP, I invite you to add me on skype if you have it and I'll show you in live how and what's going wrong ^^

Answered your PM Alwarren and already tried your new version but with no luck. Still have this "issue". As stated in the MP, I invite you to add me on skype if you have it and I'll show you in live how and what's going wrong ^^

Thanks. After our little chat on Skype and with me finally being able to reproduce the issue, I finally managed to fix it! Thanks a lot mate :)

Thank you for this

what is the weapon class name and magazine

Class names for now:

FHQ_M4A1_WDL - Woodland

FHQ_M4A1_TAN - Desert

FHQ_M4A1_BLK - Black

FHQ_M4A1_URB - Urban/Winter (upcoming, not released yet)

FHQ_M4A1_M320_WDL - Woodland with M320 (upcoming, not released yet)

FHQ_M4A1_M320_TAN - Desert with M320 (upcoming, not released yet)

FHQ_M4A1_M320_BLK - Black with M320 (upcoming, not released yet)

FHQ_M4A1_M320_URB - Urban/Winter with M320 (upcoming, not released yet)

Not a fan of the m320's but that's just my opinion, your M4's none-the-less are great, keep up the good work. :cool:

Thanks. I am doing an m203 as well, but that isn't finished yet and still needs to be done (base model is complete though)

Thanks. I am doing an m203 as well, but that isn't finished yet and still needs to be done (base model is complete though)

Now were talking, looking forward to it mate, will the M4's include new textures or will you be sticking to the previous ones already on the current released M4's?

Now were talking, looking forward to it mate, will the M4's include new textures or will you be sticking to the previous ones already on the current released M4's?

Fluttershy is currently making new textures for it.

Another interesting thing is this: Compare the two screenshots

5uHHz3ys.jpg7eO61sOs.jpg

You'll see that the grenade launcher sight is folded down on the first shot, and flipped up on the second. This happens automatically when you select the grenade launcher, i.e. if you press 'F' the sights will flip up once you have the grenade launcher selected. Plus, the selector switch n the weapon works too. It switches from semi-auto to auto when you cycle through fire modes.

Are you going to make these compatible with all the 5.56mm mags? Specifically the tracers?

Are you going to make these compatible with all the 5.56mm mags? Specifically the tracers?

Yeah, I didn't check yet what type of 5.56 mags are there, but any of those that makes sense should be usable eventually.

Fluttershy is currently making new textures for it.

http://i.imgur.com/5uHHz3ys.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/7eO61sOs.jpg

You'll see that the grenade launcher sight is folded down on the first shot, and flipped up on the second. This happens automatically when you select the grenade launcher, i.e. if you press 'F' the sights will flip up once you have the grenade launcher selected. Plus, the selector switch n the weapon works too. It switches from semi-auto to auto when you cycle through fire modes.

Very nice indeed tho I do believe a little more wear and tear (scratches and fading of paint) wouldn't hurt but as I said it its looking great none-the-less.

I did not put my hands on the Woodland camo yet. Tan is almost done and i have to take a second look at the Black version.

The leaf sight flips up when the grenade launcher is selected

I did not put my hands on the Woodland camo yet. Tan is almost done and i have to take a second look at the Black version.

Judging from the Tan version, it will be worth the wait :)

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

The leaf sight flips up when the grenade launcher is selected

Yep. Not so much an issue with the 320, but for the M203, flipping down the sight when not in use will make aiming through iron sights or colimator/holo much easier :)

Yep. Not so much an issue with the 320, but for the M203, flipping down the sight when not in use will make aiming through iron sights or colimator/holo much easier :)

I don't suppose you've found out how the newfangled grenade launcher zeroing works?

I don't suppose you've found out how the newfangled grenade launcher zeroing works?

Actually, I think most of it is on the Biki already. I am quite confident I can get that to work. From what I can see, it simply has one "aiming" point and up to four eye points for different zeroing, plus there is an anim source for animating things like Red Dot grenade launcher sights.

The only minor thing that I noticed was that when I had a desert camo M4 and put it on the ground, it reverted to the skin of a woodland camo M4, but once it was picked up again it was desert camo again.

The only minor thing that I noticed was that when I had a desert camo M4 and put it on the ground, it reverted to the skin of a woodland camo M4, but once it was picked up again it was desert camo again.

Yes, noticed this already, plus the iron sight appears again even though an optics is mounted. The same thing happens with BIS' weapon (at least the optics, they don't use hiddenSelections for retextures), so it's a game bug. I already reported it in the tracker.

That's pretty damn awesome mate.:D

All handled by the model.cfg? Mind showing an example .cfg, or the names of animation source(s) used to detect changes to muzzle/firemode?