Sign in to follow this  
jmac6888

Helicopter Waypoint Issue/Query

Hi,

I am relatively new to the user created mission scene but I have come across something that is doing my head in.

I have just been messing around with helicopter insertions to start with. The helicopter drops me off, waits 10 seconds'ish then fly's away.

I have tested my exact same method in ARMA 2 and it worked perfectly, however, in ARMA 3, the helicopter takes off after the Transport Unload command and never proceeds to the next check point.... it just flys to a random area on the map and looks like it hits some sort of barrier, then stop in the air and just hovers.

I have tried this 2 ways, firstly with a timer of 10 seconds to hold then next way point, and secondly with a trigger switch set to alpha radio command. Both of these parts work fine, its only after it takes off to go to the next way point does it go funny and fly away randomly.

Anybody have any advice or suggestions? Again this worked for me in ARMA 2 perfectly and im using the exact same method..... so i'm thinking it could just be an alpha bug OR it could definitely be my limited skill set. :P

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Julz

Hi,

I am relatively new to the user created mission scene but I have come across something that is doing my head in.

I have just been messing around with helicopter insertions to start with. The helicopter drops me off, waits 10 seconds'ish then fly's away.

I have tested my exact same method in ARMA 2 and it worked perfectly, however, in ARMA 3, the helicopter takes off after the Transport Unload command and never proceeds to the next check point.... it just flys to a random area on the map and looks like it hits some sort of barrier, then stop in the air and just hovers.

I have tried this 2 ways, firstly with a timer of 10 seconds to hold then next way point, and secondly with a trigger switch set to alpha radio command. Both of these parts work fine, its only after it takes off to go to the next way point does it go funny and fly away randomly.

Anybody have any advice or suggestions? Again this worked for me in ARMA 2 perfectly and im using the exact same method..... so i'm thinking it could just be an alpha bug OR it could definitely be my limited skill set. :P

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Julz

I have seen this in a mission my friend created. I suggest you use the Feedback Tracker and report it, maybe other people have done already.

Just tested it and had no problems?

-Helicopter in editor, not spawned with waypoints: MOVE - MOVE - TR Unload - MOVE - GET OUT

-player in helicopter

-2nd group in helicopter

Heli does whats it's supposed to but I have to add a "Land_HelipadEmpty_F" under the TR Unload to get it to touch down .

Whats ur method?

Mattar

Could you post your script you are using for that, as I had an addaction that worked perfectly for me two days ago, giving the payer a choice of landing zones.

The heli would touch down with a tr unload then take off and return to base and land at a heli pad... Now after not changing anything within the script it lands and engines off..

Strange on...

I have seen this in a mission my friend created. I suggest you use the Feedback Tracker and report it, maybe other people have done already.

Thanks mate, I didn't know that a feedback tracker existed. I'll look into it. :)

Just tested it and had no problems?

-Helicopter in editor, not spawned with waypoints: MOVE - MOVE - TR Unload - MOVE - GET OUT

-player in helicopter

-2nd group in helicopter

Heli does whats it's supposed to but I have to add a "Land_HelipadEmpty_F" under the TR Unload to get it to touch down .

Whats ur method?

Hi Mattar,

My method is quite similar..

-Heli in editor with my guy loaded in there with incargo command. + flyinheight set to about 80

-MOVE - MOVE - TR Unload (with command [Helicopter land "landing pad name";])

-HOLD

--TRIGGER SWITCH set to Alpha Radio--

-MOVE

-TR Unload back at base (had no tried GET OUT)

so it never goes to that MOVE after the Trigger Switch (or even a timer). the pilot just decides he's had enough lol. Fly's off into the sunset. :P

It's the HOLD Waypoint - change it to MOVE. The Trigger switch is enough to make the Heli stay there, the HOLD will make it fly around the area indefinitely.

It's the HOLD Waypoint - change it to MOVE. The Trigger switch is enough to make the Heli stay there, the HOLD will make it fly around the area indefinitely.

Ahhhhh I see I see. Perfect thank you, i will test this out when i get home :)