Sign in to follow this  
Starv

Script used for fluid camera movements / spectate mode in dslyecxi videos?

Hi there,

I really love the fluid movement and fine-controlled zooms that can be seen in all the dslyecxi videos and was wondering if somebody new where to get the script/addon that allows that?

Cheers,

Starv

Please don't spam the thread if you've got nothing meaninful to add.

@Starv: You can activate a "spectate" mode in editor by pausing the game at any time and pressing F1, once the dev console shows up, there is a "camera" button which you can click to open the "spectate" mode. You can find more ways to launch it in this thread here.

Please don't spam the thread if you've got nothing meaninful to add.

@Starv: You can activate a "spectate" mode in editor by pausing the game at any time and pressing F1, once the dev console shows up, there is a "camera" button which you can click to open the "spectate" mode. You can find more ways to launch it in this thread here.

Great, thanks for the reply Sniperwolf572 :)

Thanks for linking to that thread Wolf, didn't realize that shortcut was in there.

@Starv: If you've used the spectator mode yet you've probably found out the initial controls are kinda clunky. If you've got a gamepad or joystick laying around bind bulldozer movement, look, elevation (up&down), and zoom to a controller so you can control speed of each of those elements and get that nice smooth movement you wanted. The only speed bump will be that you can't bind bulldozer controls in A3 currently, so you'll have to copy them over from A2 and paste the bindings into your A3 config for your profile.

Ok thanks for the tips Beard, unfortunately no gamepad / joystick here. I'll try lowering my mouse sensitivity to get more precision but nothing beats analog inputs I guess.

If you wish to get smooth camera movements, map your Buldozer controls to some analogue control (joystick, game controller, TrackIR etc).

Yea, analogue is the way to go- next time you've got some extra cash just see what cheap $20ish controllers amazon has as you don't really need anything nice. That or bum a wired xbox controller off a friend.

If you start doing any video or taking screenshots be sure to post 'em. We'd love to see any work you do.

If you start doing any video or taking screenshots be sure to post 'em. We'd love to see any work you do.

Here's a few quick shots, it's nice to be a war photographer without the danger! :) I'll try to edit a little movie these coming weeks.

http://imgur.com/a/0yzPh#11

Ha ha, yea no worries about being shot. But nice Starv, keep at it. I'd proably have to pick these two ( IMG1 IMG2 ) as my favorites out of the bunch.

I'll keep a eye out for any more you take up on the photography thread.