In fact the one i send is a PATSAS HQ , the back is equiped with long range radio , satcom , computer but yeah the two version are great !

logo_ofrp2014.png

Dear Followers,

As announced in our Roadmap, after the logos, it is the turn of our website to reborn !

It is therefore with pleasure that we unveil this new version for a new adventure on the ArmA series!

But where is it, you will say, it's still in place at the same address :

http://operation-frenchpoint.com/

(Use CTRL+R if needed)

We said goodbye to the old PHPBoost in favour of the popular Wordpress.

We wanted a more modern website, as a portfolio.

Do not worry we kept most of the old site. You will find news, images of WIP and the OFrP versions for ArmA 2, ArmA 1 and Operation Flashpoint.

You will notice some new features like modding tutorials (still under construction), and especially our pride of Froggy, a site fully translated into English for the sake of the English community!

You will be able to leave comments on our website, but you have to be registered!

We innovated again, as you can connect via your Facebook, Google, and Steam account.

Some observers will see a Forum tab, but not surprisingly, it is currently reserved for the team. If in the future we open it to the public, note that your website logins and forum are the same.

Regarding the development of the mod, know that the first ingame tests took place, with a pleasant satisfaction.

It is now a certainty for us, the coming year will be full of surprises!

Before returning hibernate in the OFrP cellar, we get you an appointment within two weeks for fresh news!

See you soon !

OFrP Team

Edited by TigerForce

OFrp was one of my absolutely favourite mods in Arma 2. Happy to see you back guys and mostly for the great quality addons you produce.

Hello,

Today, Operation Frenchpoint Team offers you a slight overview of the models still in progress. For those who follow our adventure on ArmA 3, on our last news we spoke about giving you some fresh intel, so that's it !

Let's begin the show with the VLRA in two versions! The first one is the transport version which has been already shown during an old WIP. The 3D Model is now finished. Tireless camel, the VLRA is from a long time, the workhorse of the French Army. No continent resist him, nor any track!

thumbs_a3_vlra_4.jpg thumbs_a3_vlra_5.jpg thumbs_a3_vlra_6.jpg thumbs_a3_vlra_7.jpg thumbs_a3_vlra_8.jpg

The second version is still nowadays used by the special forces!

thumbs_a3_vlrasas_1.jpg thumbs_a3_vlrasas_2.jpg thumbs_a3_vlrasas_3.jpg

Following, a first draft of the Super-Etendard! This old flying tin can has celebrated its 40th birthday recently :)

thumbs_a3_superetendard_1.jpg thumbs_a3_superetendard_2.jpg thumbs_a3_superetendard_3.jpg

Then let's show the teamwork on the EC-665 Tiger model, born from the partnership between France and Germany! It is widely used on the current operational theaters by our beloved army. Its utility in combat is no more to prove.

thumbs_a3_ec665tigre_1.jpg thumbs_a3_ec665tigre_2.jpg thumbs_a3_ec665tigre_3.jpg thumbs_a3_ec665tigre_4.jpg

You will recognize certainly below, the good old sniper rifle of the French army! The FR-F2... With a practical focus of 850 meters. It comes with the SCROME J8 scope.

thumbs_a3_frf2_1.jpg thumbs_a3_frf2_2.jpg thumbs_a3_frf2_3.jpg

Here is a pair of suppositories for FAMAS, named APAV and AC58.

thumbs_a3_grenades_1.jpg

Yes you recognised it, this is the last generation of Iphone of the French Army. High tech communication system with frequency hopping, the PR4G ER 362 radio is the newest arrived in the forces.

thumbs_a3_pr4ger362_1.jpg

Following, some pictures of the beautiful Gazelle which is taking a makeover, warning fresh paint!

thumbs_a3_gazelle_7.jpg thumbs_a3_gazelle_8.jpg thumbs_a3_gazelle_9.jpg

To conclude with this third WIP, let's show the current most used tractor by the French army to plow the battlefield ! The VAB...

thumbs_a3_vabvtt_1.jpg thumbs_a3_vabvtt_2.jpg thumbs_a3_vabvtt_3.jpg thumbs_a3_vabvtt_4.jpg thumbs_a3_vabvtt_5.jpg

Kind Regards,

OFrP Team

Lookign great - will be cool to get some joint ops going in Mali etc...

Do you plan to have the units speak french? I remember you had it in OFP and I liked that.

Very nice work... The Tiger will be a welcomed addition to the arma skies :)

Hi OFRP team, good to hear from you again guys, it' s been a while since the last wip report, happy to hear that all is going well.

Can' t wait for the VLRA Patsas, but am i the only one thinking that both VLRA look a bit "compressed"? Like watching a 16/9 image on a 4/3 tv? It also looks like the wheels and the steering wheel could maybe use a bit more polys, but of course we' d have to see it textured to give a definite answer regarding that, and i of course know that you guys are thinking about performance optimization.

The helos look absolutely great!

I of course can' t wait to use your work in game, best of luck with the mod folks.

Hi ,

Do you plan to have the units speak french? I remember you had it in OFP and I liked that.

It is planned if we have enough time!

Can' t wait for the VLRA Patsas, but am i the only one thinking that both VLRA look a bit "compressed"? Like watching a 16/9 image on a 4/3 tv? It also looks like the wheels and the steering wheel could maybe use a bit more polys, but of course we' d have to see it textured to give a definite answer regarding that, and i of course know that you guys are thinking about performance optimization.

Is not necessary to increase the polygons. The model is not smooth on the rendering ;)

Edited by Skaarian

Well i know very little about modding, so i' m not sure about what you technicaly mean by "the model is not smooth", but even on the VAB where the wheels are textured, they could be a bit rounder imho, but if it has nothing to do with the texturing phase and is already planned then my apologies.

On another note, in a previous wip report it was mentioned that the next one would be regarding infantry, and then nothing, will we have more news regarding that subject soon or will we have to wait more, which i can perfectly understand btw.:)

It is time to come out of the abyss ! :)

Une_WeWantYou.png

Hello dear Gamers !

And no, we are not dead, whatever we start a little gathering dust…

In order to boost the productivity and to increase our forces, because we are still too few, we are looking for motivate and passionate people to join us in the OFrP Project on ArmA 3.

The content will be created for free to the community.

We need :

– 3D Animator for characters, vehicles and weapons animation.
– 3D Modeler to create models that will be integrated in Arma 3.
– Sound designer for the treatment of many weapons or vehicles sounds.
– Librarian to centralize and share information on French elements in favor of modellers.

We are multi software, whether you use 3Dsmax, Maya, Blender, ZBrush does not pose any particular problem.
Each member is free to choose a working tool and may need to seek advice from the rest of the team.
You keep your copyright on all content produced for OFrP whether 3D models, Scripts, etc…
You are the rightful owner, and you have the right to refuse or accept the publication of your content within the mod OFrP.

If you are interested in joining us, please contact us on our forum.

If you know anyone who may be interested, please feel free to turn the info.

Good game to you, and see you soon, hopefully ingame !

You can Post on the forum in French or English.

• Like 1

I could have sworn that you guys would have had access to some of the heavier armor and ships from the Arma 2 version of OFrP such as the AMX 10 RC (aka "the M1128 MGS isn't the only such game in town") unless you've described to re-model from scratch?