Sign in to follow this  
whisky

Custom Face

Still no fix for other parts of the body, how hard can that be to fix Bis? :(

Still no fix for other parts of the body, how hard can that be to fix Bis? :(

Very hard. They should remap the whole arms+legs+face/head texture on all the playable character models with a single texture file that contains all those parts in a single texture instead have 'em separated, loosing texturing quality (because the smaller size that would have) or... loosing performance because each character skin texture should have a size of 4096x4096 or something like that; aside of the time required to remap every playable model with the new texture and the required time to make this new texture. So... it'll be very very hard for BIS to fix this issue. Seems to me that they don't wanted to allow a good support for custom faces this time as this is intended, they'd knew what they were doing and what it would do; so don't spect it to ever change on the game's life as this is how they'd wanted it to be. Everyone using the game's faces and period.

I would of thought that allowing the use of default body parts with a custom face i.e. just the head customised, would not be that difficult for Bis? Not having artwork for the arms & legs people could live with.

Any Chance BIS as a Christmas present :cool: Have a good one

Edited by jgaz-uk

Very hard. They should remap the whole arms+legs+face/head texture on all the playable character models with a single texture file that contains all those parts in a single texture instead have 'em separated, loosing texturing quality (because the smaller size that would have) or... loosing performance because each character skin texture should have a size of 4096x4096 or something like that; aside of the time required to remap every playable model with the new texture and the required time to make this new texture. So... it'll be very very hard for BIS to fix this issue. Seems to me that they don't wanted to allow a good support for custom faces this time as this is intended, they'd knew what they were doing and what it would do; so don't spect it to ever change on the game's life as this is how they'd wanted it to be. Everyone using the game's faces and period.

Or, didn't they have the foresight to do it right the first time like every other arma game so we can have custom faces?

Hello Everyone,

While messing around with re-texturing I realized there was no addon, that i could find, that gave the user a camo paitned face choice in their profile. I am going to attempt to construct an addon that will make these available and want to know the level of interest out there in the community for something like this. Please let me know of any suggestions or general comments of this specific type of addon. I will very shortly release some images showing "Alpha" level progress with the addon.

Super Early Proof of Concept:

http://i58.tinypic.com/23tvnd.jpg (509 kB)

p.s. to my knowledge this has not been discussed for arma 3, I checked the forums to make sure, so this should be a unique thread.

Edited by Mattastic

p.s. to my knowledge this has not been discussed for arma 3, I checked the forums to make sure, so this should be a unique thread.

Nope. Merged with existing discussion.

Ah ok I wasn't sure if this was the right place, I almost posted here first. Thanks for the move.

I was working on some custom face paint, One night I decided to do a female face, Never tested.. I'll have to search my old drive. But I might pull something together.

i'd really love to see some women's faces in this game for i myself am a girl :(

anybody kind enough to create a woman soldier for me?

It's your lucky day, miss: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26169

The mod is going to be improved still, but it's amazing also by now^^ The only problem is that you got banned...but I'm posting here whenever someone with your same question would read.

By the way, I have a question too: anyone knows if it's possible to use the vanilla faces from the campaign ? For example the Kerry one from the "Survive" chapter or Miller's one.

anyone knows if it's possible to use the vanilla faces from the campaign ? For example the Kerry one from the "Survive" chapter or Miller's one.

Bump, as I would really like to know if someone have an answer. Please :)

Excellent news Bis have finally fixed the custom face! :yay:No blue/white arms & legs nice one. Try if folks it works Coop severs also.....:bounce3:

Really? wow nice

Do you know if we can make skin textures? what would i title that jpg ?

It seems to be just the Head, . Now shows default arms & legs as suggested. So I think it's just the usual Arma 3 face.jpg.

If anyone knows if its possible to have a different jpg for arms & legs post it up!

But its nice to be able to use custom face again, :) Tks Bis.

wow great news! finnally! :D would be cool to add custom texture to arms and legs as well so we could add like tattoos and stuff ;)

Is there some good template ?(links on beginning of thread are not working) Could somebody repost them for me ? Thx