Sign in to follow this  
whisky

Custom Face

Hello,

Normally if bisign file is done and you saved your tag on http://www.ofpec.com

There was the chance that this will be enough.

Tag registered at Ofpec, BSW_. Just got to unpack, re-pack and sign, then will upload newer version

BSW

Edited by BusStopWilly

Could anyone Transfer this skin from arma 2 to arma 3 i always wore this skin back then in arma 2 but i cant seem to find it anywhere :D if anyone could do it id be delighted thanks!

Here it is:

i.imgur.com/w8u0y.jpg

-ELJESTER

could anyone make a couple realistic face camo's I am not really the graphical artist!

Hi guys I've recently done a custom face, but its a mask. Sadly it doesn't sit on the face, is it possible to make it cover the face rather than become the face?

Hi guys I've recently done a custom face, but its a mask. Sadly it doesn't sit on the face, is it possible to make it cover the face rather than become the face?

Not quite sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

Hmm? Guess you need not face retexture, but mask retexture then: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20080

using mods is bad idea. most servers dont have that mod so nobody will see your custom face .

Don't custom faces synchronize across the network like squad XML images?

no they don't if you are using mods / addons.

Hello.

Where are you with the signing of RVMAT mod?

At the moment it is quite difficult to find a server that accepts. And see the blue arms/leg and the custom face transparent is a little disappointing.

Bis having left the ticket (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5758) on the Reviewed status, I do not count less on improving them as a signature mod rvmat. :)

Hi, that's what makes me think that BIS never gonna fix/take care of the custom faces issue; they did it/'em as they're on pourpouse. The too shiny .rvmat that covers the head model is there too on every game's model, it screw up any colour value that you paint on your custom face and it also covers everything else in game; giving preternatural shines and reflections when it shouldn't, screwing up IMO the game, because you don't see the colours or shines from the skin and/or most other materials. Let's C ya

My badly written rvmat mod sorted all that out. Sadly only for nvidia card owners. All it required was a new rvmat for custom faces. Really easy problem to fix, can't understand why it hasnt been fixed by BI before.

BSW

Bi's attitude is a real puzzle :confused:, at the moment they seem to be twiddling with really obscure stuff & cant be bothered with basic. What new customers make of all the bugs I dread to think. :butbut:

That a yes, its not a mod, BUT some servers ban custom faces. Its still just the face at the moment. not the legs & arms yet.

PS

Janissary you have to put your custom face in your C:\Users\YourComputerNameHere\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\YourPlayerNameHere

folder, then you should have the option in the dropdown menu.

Edited by jgaz-uk
for A3

What's the classname for our custom face?

*Edit*

Nevermind I found it (thank you BI for the ingame config viewer). So just to confirm there isn't a way to color the arms and legs yet???

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/WhiteArms_zpse5123004.jpg (105 kB)

Edited by WarLord554

What's the classname for our custom face?

*Edit*

Nevermind I found it (thank you BI for the ingame config viewer). So just to confirm there isn't a way to color the arms and legs yet???

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/WhiteArms_zpse5123004.jpg (105 kB)

I have the same issue how can i fix the other parts of the body?

Since the update i cant join our server any more with rvmat activ.

The message is that the face.jpg should be size zero, can anyone confirm this ?

My face.jpg is 72kb great and the old status was that under 100kb you can join mp servers with the rvmat mod.

RVMAT Mod by me, fixes washed out colours on nvidia gfx cards and replaces blue untextured arms with white-skin texture

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20356

BSW

Thanks, but this only works if the server and all other players use this mod.

Is there a big ticket on the tracker that is about this problem created? I want to sign.

This sounds like it can be only fixed by BI.

Since the update i cant join our server any more with rvmat activ.

The message is that the face.jpg should be size zero, can anyone confirm this ?

My face.jpg is 72kb great and the old status was that under 100kb you can join mp servers with the rvmat mod.

I used my crappy custom face yesterday on our server. Maybe your server changed the configs.

remember that in your basic.cfg for your server there is a custom face variable. which you set the allowed size of custom face files... make sure that your not being , "FaceBlocked" by your basic.cfg