Sign in to follow this  
Dimebag

Should i buy this game, or should i wait atleast for the beta ?

Players can (and do) change their names at will. The name doesn't tell you anything.

Besides, as has been stated in about 437 threads in the past 24 hours, the seagull thing is a bug not a hacker.

Indeed they can change their name. Believe me, an education on this subject is not necessary. Also, you may be very surprised what you can do with a unique nick plus the info that can be gathered from it. I have done this in the past with good results. Some people get very attached to their nick. Then one thing reveals another, and another etc. ;)

Possible bug, yep, maybe but that does not mean that all of these incidents are the same bug. I just read a few threads on it and it was a little different to what happened to us. Only one of us remained unaffected by this and was happily running around until the host disconnected.

Either way, i`m not really bothered by it and i only took note for future reference in case it happens again.

I suggest buying Alpha. See it as a pre-order, you spend less money than when you buy it when its Beta and you can already check the game out a bit. However dont expect to run this game at anything more than low settings with the rig you got now.As for the hacker/scripters, it has always been a issue in ARMA because the game is so open to modding. The best way to play ARMA is to join a community/clan which has their own passworded server or at the very least a server with active admins on it.

Let me put it this way. Yesterday it was fairly okay, but today I've tried 11 games in a row, different servers. At the most I got 10 minutes on enjoyable gameplay until some scripter turned us all into seagulls. This happened on each and every server I tried within 10 minutes.

There's no anti cheat right now.

So unless you want to be a sitting duck for the hackers that test their scripts in this alpha I'd hold on to my money until you can actually test it.

This is not hacks, this is a problem concerning ppl with Alpha DEV branch joining Alpha "normal" servers. This is now solved since the update of this afternon

Buy it now, wait for the beta.

You will save money. :)

Totally agree. Game is now a mine field, but you will save money and, in any case, have a taste of what's happening.

[/color]

I suggest buying Alpha. See it as a pre-order, you spend less money than when you buy it when its Beta and you can already check the game out a bit. However dont expect to run this game at anything more than low settings with the rig you got now.As for the hacker/scripters, it has always been a issue in ARMA because the game is so open to modding. The best way to play ARMA is to join a community/clan which has their own passworded server or at the very least a server with active admins on it.

Low settings ?

Wow, i thought i could atleast get the 40 fps from medium-high settings

Besides, as has been stated in about 437 threads in the past 24 hours, the seagull thing is a bug not a hacker.

Not true at all.

Had a hacker turn us all into seagulls yesterday after he made everyone pirouette in place (and then change the contrast/brighness of the game, write on the screen, turn the screen black, and made it so you couldn't escape out of the game).

Also played with a hacker today that teleported 84 of us into the ocean only to shoot us all with a helicopter...

Then went onto the next server to have a hack teleport us into the airfield where he detonated a bomb (another 40 players down).

Then went onto the next server only to be killed by an aimbotter prior to even spawning.. of which everyone was bitching at him since he mowed down 20 people across the map in 5 seconds.

At present, the multiplayer alpha is pretty dead (unless on a private server).

Not true at all.

Had a hacker turn us all into seagulls yesterday after he made everyone pirouette in place (and then change the contrast/brighness of the game, write on the screen, turn the screen black, and made it so you couldn't escape out of the game).

Also played with a hacker today that teleported 84 of us into the ocean only to shoot us all with a helicopter...

Then went onto the next server to have a hack teleport us into the airfield where he detonated a bomb (another 40 players down).

Then went onto the next server only to be killed by an aimbotter prior to even spawning.. of which everyone was bitching at him since he mowed down 20 people across the map in 5 seconds.

At present, the multiplayer alpha is pretty dead (unless on a private server).

The seagull thing that happened at ALL servers was actually a bug with people joining servers with the development build. It is now fixed, and you can't join servers without the dev build if you're using it yourself.

Hey guys, as you can see i am new to this game and to the forums, also, before i start please excuse my English because its not that perfect :)

Anyways,

I have looked at some videos on youtube showing Arma III Wasteland, and i have fell in love with the game mod and the game itself, i think that i will enjoy playing this mod (Im not sure if its a mod or not), however, i am not sure if i should buy the game now or atleast wait for the beta, this is becuase its still in 'Alpha' which means that there will be problems with the game aswell and with the servers. (I dont usually play single player, i have never finished the battlefield 3 campaign)

So i have few questions?

1. Is there a lot of problems with the game at the moment ?

2. If i was about to buy this game now, which package would you recommend ? (Alpha, Digital Deluxe Edition, Supporter Edition)

3. Should i wait until summer for the beta ?

4. How would the game react to the PC specs below:

Intel I3 2120

Amd Radeon 6750

4GB Ram

5. How is the situation with hackers?

Thanks

You should buy it now..or at least before beta if you are planning on buying the game anyway, and you save money that way.

1. ATM, yes, a lot of problems, the major problem right now is MP is unplayable due to low fps. But if you are lucky you can get servers with good fps. But playing alone, editor, coop with a few friends seem more than fine to me.

2. I recommend either Alpha to be cheap, or support to get the future DLCs without anymore charge..The Deluxe seems useless to me..

3. If you are gonna play anyway..why don't just buy it cheaper now? maybe you will find it super fun once you get in game..you won't even worry about the glitches..(and maybe you can give some feed back too, not just playing lol)

4. You will be fine with that computer..sorta old..but should run it fine..(beta and up should be even smooth than alpha..)

5. As far as I know, the bird problem wasn't hackers or scripts..it's a messed up update..fixed now I think...

You should buy it now..or at least before beta if you are planning on buying the game anyway, and you save money that way.

1. ATM, yes, a lot of problems, the major problem right now is MP is unplayable due to low fps. But if you are lucky you can get servers with good fps. But playing alone, editor, coop with a few friends seem more than fine to me.

2. I recommend either Alpha to be cheap, or support to get the future DLCs without anymore charge..The Deluxe seems useless to me..

3. If you are gonna play anyway..why don't just buy it cheaper now? maybe you will find it super fun once you get in game..you won't even worry about the glitches..(and maybe you can give some feed back too, not just playing lol)

4. You will be fine with that computer..sorta old..but should run it

fine..(beta and up should be even smooth than alpha..)

5. As far as I know, the bird problem wasn't hackers or scripts..it's a messed up update..fixed now I think...

Thanks dude, i have made my decision, i will buy the alpha package tomorrow, also, im not too bothered about my pc becasue im slowly building a new computer which should run this game at ultra settings with no problem

one thing to keep in mind if you do pay for this game now before it is fully released there is no way to get a refund!

steam is declining all refund requests saying this is not a prerelease you are paying for access to the alpha!

People asking for refunds on games are funny.

If you want to help test the game and report bugs or want to save money on the final release then buy it now in Alpha. If you just want to play the game for fun and want a polished, finished product, then wait for the final release.

Even for an alpha this thing is what i would consider pretty polished. There's nothing in it that would be in a final product release by a certain other publisher whose name rhymes with D.A. ... yeah lame joke, oh well.

I'm wondering the same, i have a core 2 duo @ 3.45ghz and a 6870 and an ssd drive. curious as to how it will run before buying.

I'm wondering the same, i have a core 2 duo @ 3.45ghz and a 6870 and an ssd drive. curious as to how it will run before buying.

No one can tell you how it will run as the game is far from optimized. If you want to try the single player alpha you can look at the link below, but performance there is not representative of performance online or in beta/release.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147430-Looking-for-Arma-3-Free-Alpha-invites-Look-here!

Dimebag, did you buy already? If not i have my alpha lite invites and as i promised i have one waiting for you if you would like it.

got the game yesterday, works well alright in single player and in mutiplayer (Sector Control) but thats it, 20-30 fps on wasteland, its a very cool game, i will be upgrading my pc anyways but for now i have texture quality on high and everything else on standard so keep that in mind if you have the same or similar pc

got the game yesterday, works well alright in single player and in mutiplayer (Sector Control) but thats it, 20-30 fps on wasteland, its a very cool game, i will be upgrading my pc anyways but for now i have texture quality on high and everything else on standard so keep that in mind if you have the same or similar pc

Welcome

Good deal, welcome.

You can always look for an invite just to see how it runs on your pc (if you're lucky to get one!), and then decide if you should buy it so you can get the full game later for free. It will also come cheaper..

;2340531']I see only a few guys with low post-count' date=' you seem to be doing what you told others not to.[/quote']

Why would I pad my post count? I already have enough to imbed images and what not. :confused: