Sign in to follow this  
someguywho

Russian Raven PMC

Russian PMC units found under Independent-Raven PMC.

Install as normal placing one of the configs from the config folder into the addons folder.

SGW_Raven_Cfg.pbo contains vanilla weapons

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn300/someguywho/arma32013-03-1118-15-04-94_zps2dd2fdb3.jpg (451 kB)

SGW_Raven_Sud_Cfg.pbo Requires Suddens Russians to be installed (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148045-Russians)

arma32013-03-1117-33-27-48_zpsbdeb26b3.jpg

SGW_Raven_A2_Cfg.pbo can only be used if you have merged your ArmA 3 install with ArmA 2 as it uses ArmA 2 weapons.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn300/someguywho/arma32013-03-1118-23-51-71_zps8bbb859c.jpg

Many thanks to BIS and Sudden. Classnames for everything is in the readme. Have fun :cool:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?13fi3h22x36ol95

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19203

Edited by someguywho

Cool camo net on the helmet in the first picture.

Cool camo net on the helmet in the first picture.

Thanks but all I did was make a config for it, the model is already in the alpha as is the Raven logo.

Are there any other hidden models in there as well? We've found new heli's and now an entire faction of infantry...curious as to what else could be hidden in there

OFF TOPIC: I think it's safe to say all the BETA stuff is already hidden and pre-loaded in ALPHA, but what do I know :P

ON TOPIC: Beautiful work, love the texture work and the config work. I also found the camo net helmet and used it in a mod of mine (personal mod)

Are there any other hidden models in there as well? We've found new heli's and now an entire faction of infantry...curious as to what else could be hidden in there

ghillie suit is inside. i asked how to implement but no one respond.

Looking really good! It's about time we saw some old foes in the game (even if they are PMC). I have 1 question, how did you get the camo helmet to work:p?

I have found 1 bug, the camo helmet doesn't have shadows from the environment, which makes it glow rather bright in the shade.

ghillie suit is inside. i asked how to implement but no one respond.

There is a lot of stuff which has not been added into the cfgs, I found a lot of re-skinned coveralls as well as other goodies, seems a bit off to include the content in the alpha and not cfg it in!

Edited by Davids

johncage sent you a PM

Looking really good! It's about time we saw some old foes in the game (even if they are PMC). I have 1 question, how did you get the camo helmet to work:p?

I have found 1 bug, the camo helmet doesn't have shadows from the environment, which makes it glow rather bright in the shade.

There is a lot of stuff which has not been added into the cfgs, I found a lot of re-skinned coveralls as well as other goodies, seems a bit off to include the content in the alpha and not cfg it in!

Yeah there is a couple of cool things in those files. The camo helmet shadow bug is probably why you cant get at it right now, it's still wip :P

If you do want to use it anyway then this should do it.

class cfgWeapons
{

class ItemCore;
class HeadGearItem;
class UniformItem;
class ItemInfo;
class VestItem;
class Uniform_Base;
class H_HelmetB;
class H_HelmetB_camo: H_HelmetB
{
	scope=2;
	weaponPoolAvailable=1;
	displayName="Helmet (Camo)";
	picture="\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_H_HelmetB_CA.paa";
	model="\A3\characters_f\BLUFOR\headgear_b_helmet_camo";
	class ItemInfo: HeadgearItem
	{
		mass=100;
		uniformModel="\A3\characters_f\BLUFOR\headgear_b_helmet_camo";
		modelSides[]={3,1};
		armor="3*0.5";
		passThrough=0.800000;
	};
};

Now you have a helmet with camo on it with the classname "H_HelmetB_camo"

Not tested

Edited by someguywho

Someguywho do you want my SURPAT swatch? Its better than this one mate.

A Russian PMC faction in SURPAT - just like Antoineflemming predicted what, a year ago? (or was it Maionaze? Can't recall.) And even with a cool emblem

, even if said emblem violates federal law by placing national flag on a symbol of commercial entity and heraldic laws by putting the colours in wrong direction. Still pretty cool emblem.

SGW_Raven_A2_Cfg.pbo can only be used if you have merged your ArmA 3 install with ArmA 2 as it uses ArmA 2 weapons.

You can merge your Arma 2 and Arma 3 installs? Did I really miss this or does that mean manually creating a "FrankenArma" by copying bits of Arma2 into the Arma 3 folder?

(By the way, great addon!)

"FrankenArma". Only weapons used in ArmA II aren't as dynamic with the new optics etc.

A Russian PMC faction in SURPAT - just like Antoineflemming predicted what, a year ago? (or was it Maionaze? Can't recall.) And even with a cool emblem

, even if said emblem violates federal law by placing national flag on a symbol of commercial entity and heraldic laws by putting the colours in wrong direction. Still pretty cool emblem.

But it wasn't a prediction. BIS stated in under the factions page on the 2011 version of the ArmA website. Maionaze had it on the confirmed features thread he started. I'm surprised they actually stuck with that.

Thats all fine and good IF you live in Russia. If don't however, you don't really have to worry about said federal laws.

BIS stated in under the factions page on the 2011 version of the ArmA website.

My comment was about use of SURPAT.

Thats all fine and good IF you live in Russia. If don't however, you don't really have to worry about said federal laws.

I believe that for being a Russian PMC it would require to register as a commercial entity in Russia.

Nice stuff. The helmet net is only thing that bothers me. I guess it looks better in game

it's not finished. it has no shadow and from what i can tell, no proper shading either.

from what i look in the pictures, there's surpat, and that new russian digital camo, i don't know the name but if i remember well some unit on a A2 mod have it