hellstorm77

Arma 3 Headless Client

No, as I said -mod= till the end you can't have any spaces at all.

I recommend changing your Arma 3 Mods folder to just Mods.

On the bat file find and replace Arma 3 Mods to Mods.

Thank you very much Mitch, I learned a whole bunch about the HC I did not know previously. Interesting that it does not allow you to run with gaps in the name. 

All fine and working now.

On 23/03/2017 at 9:10 PM, Jack Ost said:

Try to connect your game client with profile HC1 and with BattleEye activated. Then move user profile of  HC1 from Arma 3 User Directory to server users profile directory. It's works for me.

I actually tried this and it still wouldn't work. In the end I just deleted everything and setup my server again which resolved it. I know I must've deleted something when messing about with trying to change the profile name for the HC. Thanks anyway.

So my HC connects to the server, but wont slot in. Can't manually slot it either. Where did I go wrong?

What error message do you get ?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Fixed, needed to be logged in to steam on server.

On another note, how do I check if HC is offloading AI?

Check cpu usage and why don't you use the arma3server_64.exe with -client so you don't have to use steam

I am using -client on my .bat file, still need to be logged in on steam on my box.

Will it  still work if I log into steam on the box, launch HC, then log out on the box so I can play?

No won't work . As i told u before use arma3server_64.exe -client instead of arma3_64.exe -client , like that you don't need to login

I'm running relatively small coop sessions but have set up an HC to help with AI calculations. However, I've just realised that if a mission doesn't allow for an HC, the client still sits there in the list of players, 'clogging up' a slot - i.e. if I load a mission for six players because we might have six people in a session, only five people can log in because Mr HC counts as one of six players regardless of whether it's slotted or not.

Is there some way around this? Do I have to make sure that I schedule missions that either offer an HC slot or that offer more slots than the number of players I have? Or is there a way to temporarily kick the HC?

On ‎05‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 4:45 PM, thirith said:

I'm running relatively small coop sessions but have set up an HC to help with AI calculations. However, I've just realised that if a mission doesn't allow for an HC, the client still sits there in the list of players, 'clogging up' a slot - i.e. if I load a mission for six players because we might have six people in a session, only five people can log in because Mr HC counts as one of six players regardless of whether it's slotted or not.

Is there some way around this? Do I have to make sure that I schedule missions that either offer an HC slot or that offer more slots than the number of players I have? Or is there a way to temporarily kick the HC?

just edit those mission with eden and insert this game logic:

SIDE: Game Logic, CLASS: Virtual Entities, UNIT: Headless Client, CONTROL: Playable, NAME: somename

each of those game logics is a place for one HC client. if u once want to have more than one HC then just add another logic to the mission.

• Like 1

Good to know it's relatively easy, even if it's a hassle for the 300+ missions I've downloaded. Then again, I can do them one bunch at a time, always in preparation for a session - which goes hand in hand with changing the mission titles so they all fit the same nomenclature. Cheers!

5 minutes ago, thirith said:

Good to know it's relatively easy, even if it's a hassle for the 300+ missions I've downloaded. Then again, I can do them one bunch at a time, always in preparation for a session - which goes hand in hand with changing the mission titles so they all fit the same nomenclature. Cheers!

I know what u r talking about. Those mission names are a mess...

Hello !

I got a server and my HC connects, takes a slot, but nothing will offload to the HC for some reason? I'm using the arma3server.exe perf5 for both client and server. (also tried original arma3server.exe and arma3server_x64.exe)

Running liberation , antistasi etc. The CPU on the HC stays at 0% and only use ram (1,5-2gb). Using TADST, but no mods!

Paramters: "-connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -client -nosound -password=1 -name=HC -profile=HC"

Never seen this before, it did offload when I ran the same missions but under linux. 

Anyone experienced this  ? I'm a simple! :( 

11 hours ago, rami said:

Hello !

I got a server and my HC connects, takes a slot, but nothing will offload to the HC for some reason? I'm using the arma3server.exe perf5 for both client and server. (also tried original arma3server.exe and arma3server_x64.exe)

Running liberation , antistasi etc. The CPU on the HC stays at 0% and only use ram (1,5-2gb). Using TADST, but no mods!

Paramters: "-connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -client -nosound -password=1 -name=HC -profile=HC"

Never seen this before, it did offload when I ran the same missions but under linux. 

Anyone experienced this  ? I'm a simple! :( 

I think I can not help much here because I'm using linux only. but do u have any .rpt file for the HC and/or for the server? Maybe the problem could be located there.

12 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

I think I can not help much here because I'm using linux only. but do u have any .rpt file for the HC and/or for the server? Maybe the problem could be located there.

Hey!

I don't know if it was the problem but I had steam running on the server and when I closed and restarted the server+hc it started to work again. So I guess solved for now.

Thank you tho! :)

I was wondering how do you install a headless client with ubuntu/linux? Does just adding -client to the command lien for starting the server create a HC?

this is my startup script for one of my three HC's:

#!/bin/bash
# Start script for Arma 3 HC
IP1="127.0.0.1"
PORT1="14000"
WORLD1="Altis"
PARAMS1="-client -skipIntro -enableHT -noSound -nosplash"
ARMA_LOG1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/logs/hc1/hc1err_"
ARMA_CON1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/logs/hc1/hc1con_"
PERF1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/hc1_perf.cfg"
EXT1=".log"
EXT2=".rpt"
TIMESTAMPLOG1=$ARMA_LOG1$(date +%s)$EXT2
TIMESTAMPCON1=$ARMA_CON1$(date +%s)$EXT1
./arma3server  $PARAMS1 -connect=$IP1 -mod="@vcomai;@emove" -port=$PORT1 -world=$WORLD1 -cfg=$PERF1 1>>"$TIMESTAMPCON1" 2>>"$TIMESTAMPLOG1" &

this lines are my tweaks in server.cfg. Just add it at the end of ur server.cfg:

headlessClients[]={"127.0.0.1"};
localClient[]={"127.0.0.1"};

this should work if u start ur HC on the same machine as ur server runs. If it's a different machine then you have to tweak the IP adresses 127.0.0.1 for ur needs. And in that case u dont need the second line i showed from my server.cfg.

15 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

this is my startup script for one of my three HC's:

#!/bin/bash
# Start script for Arma 3 HC
IP1="127.0.0.1"
PORT1="14000"
WORLD1="Altis"
PARAMS1="-client -skipIntro -enableHT -noSound -nosplash"
ARMA_LOG1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/logs/hc1/hc1err_"
ARMA_CON1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/logs/hc1/hc1con_"
PERF1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/hc1_perf.cfg"
EXT1=".log"
EXT2=".rpt"
TIMESTAMPLOG1=$ARMA_LOG1$(date +%s)$EXT2
TIMESTAMPCON1=$ARMA_CON1$(date +%s)$EXT1
./arma3server  $PARAMS1 -connect=$IP1 -mod="@vcomai;@emove" -port=$PORT1 -world=$WORLD1 -cfg=$PERF1 1>>"$TIMESTAMPCON1" 2>>"$TIMESTAMPLOG1" &

this lines are my tweaks in server.cfg. Just add it at the end of ur server.cfg:

headlessClients[]={"127.0.0.1"};
localClient[]={"127.0.0.1"};

this should work if u start ur HC on the same machine as ur server runs. If it's a different machine then you have to tweak the IP adresses 127.0.0.1 for ur needs. And in that case u dont need the second line i showed from my server.cfg.

Awesome thanks! How do you execute that script? Do you save it as a .run?

Awesome thanks! How do you execute that script? Do you save it as a .run?

With Linux u don't care bout extensions. Important are the specific rights. You need to set the rights to be execution able for u.

sent from mobile using Tapatalk

• Like 1