hellstorm77

Arma 3 Headless Client

we looking into that problem ...

Any news Dwarden?

Cause a lot of admins pays on their own money for the HC and now it doesn't work, I mean, it's a licence that cannot be used at all as it´s dedicated to HC use.

There are performance issues and HC doesn't work anymore : you want to definitly kill MP? That's a good way!

I'm a bit fed up that with every release admins have to face such problems and just have to wait for an answer !!!

Thanks !!!

it don't work with just passworded servers, so until we get hotfix you need run servers w/o password

Due to server hardware faillure i had to install arma3 server files on my client PC, but i cant connect. Is this related?

12:52:52 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1595977230, users.card=0

12:52:52 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1595977230

12:52:52 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1595977230 (-=XTRA=-Larsiano)

This is on connect true:

-browser (Inet)

-localhost

tried the suggestion in the TS but the same problem persists?

Greetings all! We have gotten HC to work with BECTI .97 but we have a minor issue.

The HC is making the top SLOT, which is the commander slot, disappear. Only way to get it to work is to have people fill the cmdr slots first, then connect HC, and physically move him into the civilian side. While in the game lobby, I also have to click the disable AI and then enable AI in the civilian side (designated HC slot) because it seems to be locked, once I do this I can move the HC into the civilian slot (I mention this because I believe this might be the issue).

We need the HC to auto join the civilian side without "eating" the top commander slots, anyone have any ideas?

Try joining first as admin (!#login password) then connect the hc?

We named the HC "matrix" and it needed to be "hc". That's why it wouldn't AUTO join the civilian side. After the profile name change though we're having issues connecting the HC now, he keeps creating profiles and not connecting. We are following Benny's guide to HC, trying again in the AM.

We named the HC "matrix" and it needed to be "hc". That's why it wouldn't AUTO join the civilian side. After the profile name change though we're having issues connecting the HC now, he keeps creating profiles and not connecting. We are following Benny's guide to HC, trying again in the AM.

Where can i read Benny's guide to HC ?

Greetings all! We have gotten HC to work with BECTI .97 but we have a minor issue.

The HC is making the top SLOT, which is the commander slot, disappear. Only way to get it to work is to have people fill the cmdr slots first, then connect HC, and physically move him into the civilian side. While in the game lobby, I also have to click the disable AI and then enable AI in the civilian side (designated HC slot) because it seems to be locked, once I do this I can move the HC into the civilian slot (I mention this because I believe this might be the issue).

We need the HC to auto join the civilian side without "eating" the top commander slots, anyone have any ideas?

Use this in the description.ext

joinUnassigned = 0;

Then the HC will join the slot with

forceHeadlessClient=1;

attached to it.

Hi !

The HC wrong password bug from early Alpha seems to be back on our server, does anyone has encountered this today ?

I've tried with several pass, only letter, only numers, both... it only works when there's no password.

Thanks for any info !

Hi !

Just checking if you guys had some news about this issue.

During Christmas and New year's eve, the community was much smaller but it starts to grow again and the Headless Client is lacking hard !

Do any of ou have fixed it ?

Dwarden : Thanks for your reply, Hope you can sort this out !

And Happy New Year to you all.

internally the password bug was nailed and fixed ... so soon in DEV and later in STABLE

Houra !

Thanks for the info, hope there's soon a stable update.

... headless will join the slot reserved for it ?

I think I had an epiphany ... at least until the next BI or BE change.

Since serverCommand doesn't work any more, no direct script kicking of an HC that gets itself in the wrong slot.

But maybe we can use BattleEye script scanning to do the job by intentionally having a wrongly slotted HC run/compile a script that has forbidden code.

So, in BE scripts.txt add:

5 "I_AM_A_BAD_HC_IN_WRONG_SLOT"

or if you want no logging of the kick:

4 "I_AM_A_BAD_HC_IN_WRONG_SLOT"

(sorry, too lazy to put it in the new regex format)

then early in the mission init.sqf (or some place a HC would run when connected or mission starts):

if ((!isDedicated) && (!hasInterface)) then {
              call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "<path and filename to badHC.sqf>" };

and in the badHC.sqf file put:

private ["_something"];

waitUntil {!isNull player;};
if !( side player == civilian ) then {
_something = "I_AM_A_BAD_HC_IN_WRONG_SLOT"; };

I am hoping this will simply continue to kick a HC over and over until it gets itself into the right slot.

Obviously if BE is turned off, this will not work.

My proposal relies on the assumption that a standard player client parsing the init.sqf file will not meet the (!isDedicated)&&(!hasInterface) condition and will therefore not even bother to compile the badHC.sqf script (not really sure what triggers BE, parsing, compiling, calling/spawning/Exec'ing, etc....)

This idea works.

but need a step more because as soon as the code is compile, the HC is kick.

So here how i did it.

mission init.sqf file :

if ((!isserver) && (!hasInterface)) then {
              call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "<path and filename to test_slot_HC.sqf>"; };

test_slot_HC.sqf file :

/*
Test_slot_HC.sqf
*/

waitUntil {sleep 1;!isNull player};
if !( playerside == civilian ) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "<path and filename to bad_slot_HC.sqf>; };

bad_slot_hc.sqf file :

/*
Bad_slot_HC.sqf
*/
private ["_something"];

_something = "I_AM_A_BAD_HC_IN_WRONG_SLOT";

dont forget in the description.ext file :

joinUnassigned = 0;

Edited by Mariodu62
add information

Running BECTI Zerty 1.1.8.1, we've noticed that using the HC is actually bringing our server frame rates down by 5-10fps. We know it's using the cpu and doing something I'm just not sure what, as soon as I kick it from the server the FPS go back up by 5-10fps.

BECTI just not coded correctly?

Since the 1.10 version still the same problem as in the 1.08 version "Password required" ...

I'm not experiencing that issue, and it seems to be fixed in my case (Double-check your passwords have been set correctly) :)

I'm not experiencing that issue, and it seems to be fixed in my case (Double-check your passwords have been set correctly) :)

Yes, okay, it works ;)