Dwarden

How to change Arma 3 branches between STABLE & DEVELOPMENT versions @STEAM client

its running as smooth man yes today i looked in steam and it said arma 3 complete todays date, not sure if the version changes all the time one of the devs mentioned it would be impossible to mention every update as there could be loads each day. but believe me they've done something good also in the news section someone mentioned improvements to there game.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

was there another build "today" (March 13th)?

what version are you running?

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

tried the latest dev build (again). it runs great for a few seconds, and then turns into a stuttering mess (not something I experienced in previous builds)

I tried it on the editor, with a simple mission I had running fine last night on the 'stable build'

i wouldnt try the mission you made last night as there adding things and removing them i would start again i had problems with previous editor missions try and start again and see what happens.

strange, I get version 0.11.103003

I'm not sure what to make of that... different versions for different regions? (why they hate 'merica :( )

Edited by daze23

strange, I get version 0.11.103003

I'm not sure what to make of that... different versions for different regions? (why they hate 'merica :( )

did you opt into the development build right cick game in steam and go to beta warning this may break your game or stop you from playing multiplayer.

did you opt into the development build right cick game in steam and go to beta warning this may break your game or stop you from playing multiplayer.

yep. if I opt out, and go back to the stable/default version, I get version 0.5.102571

I have a Lite version,and i can't find the betas tab at the properties.Why can't we update the Lite for the RC version?

Is there anywhere to find out what the latest beta version is so I can check in game and see if it's been updated.

I have a Lite version,and i can't find the betas tab at the properties.Why can't we update the Lite for the RC version?

I don't believe the Lite versions get the betas tab, heck i dint even know if they get updated period

Getting some mad stutter with the dev version, reported and back to the normal alpha for the weekend.

Is this working with the Wasteland mod now?

I want to update to the dev build, but I don't want to get kicked from every server I join.

Is this working with the Wasteland mod now?

I want to update to the dev build, but I don't want to get kicked from every server I join.

Im on the dev build and was playing last night I kept getting kicked after about 15 mins fps seemed to be getting better though since I first played online.

I don't believe the Lite versions get the betas tab, heck i dint even know if they get updated period

Alpha Lite does not have a Development branch. Alpha Lite does get updated in its default branch at the exact time the main Alpha will (first update expected later this week if evaluations of it go well).

Can we switch from stable/dev & vice versa very fast ? Steam doesn't download the full alpha stable/dev on each change ?

Does anybody know if the default branch patches will simply be collections of all the dev branch patches, or will they include anything extra?

Does anybody know if the default branch patches will simply be collections of all the dev branch patches, or will they include anything extra?

Here is roughly how that goes:

• Development branch: is continuously updated by various team members at different times (hence the risk for broken versions there - little coordination for the sake of flexibility). For however long it takes until the next default branch update, this branch grows further away from default branch.
  • Default branch: we take an entire internal Alpha snapshot, put it through QA as a whole package, green light it and publish it. At that point the Development branch is normally also updated to this same state, so the branches re-join.

So yes, there may be things which have not been seen in Development branch, but are in default updates and the other way around (if it was removed or found to be breaking things horribly). Actual extra content is not something we want to reveal until we actually confirm it for release in an update, and we'll be very sure to make you aware of it :)

Is this the one?

306 mb update as we speak, just got a crashed server, is that why it crashed? Update to stable is rolling out? =)

PLEASE SAY YES!

I tried switching between 0.52(stable) & 0.53(dev) back and forth, and it works fairly well. It just downloads a 77mb file to patch it.

It ismsomeasy to swap between them. I tend to stay on DEV branch because we are here to test the alpha!

Hmm im on det DEV version 0.55.104711 and want to go back to nondev as it seems to have updated to ver 0.56.

Now i do not have any beta tab in the properties of Arma 3 Alpha ?? Only 3 tabs "general/Updates/local files ?

Any with simular issue ?

--------------

Solved:

Went out of Steam Beta and the Arma3 beta tab came back.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Does changing between stable & dev version over-write any of my settings like controls or options?