Sign in to follow this  
tjackpundare

Problems with 2500ms, not picking up config and instantly kicking

Hello,

I have 3 problems as stated in the title.

1. 2500ms - No firewall/Anti-virus in the way, ports should be open as they show it in the router.

2. Server doesn't always bind to the .cfg documents and it's a pain to get it working again.

3. Server crashed yesterday which seems to have stored a cache or something, i dono really, but it keeps loading wasteland mission for those who were logged in a hour or so before the crash and it likes to make people into birds. Also I can't log in as admin but my friends can.

If anyone has any solvations for these problems, please do answer.

#EDIT#

Seems like no of the regulars can login as admin either. Can't see chat, tried reinstalling ARMA 3 on both my server and computer.

My sup-config.

//Allmojna instojlningar
hostname                = "woop Gaming Community";           
//password              = "";                              
passwordAdmin           = "XXXYYY";                           

motd[] = {

"Join Our Teamspeak - Address: woop",
       "",
       "woop Gaming Community",
       "www.woop.se",
       ""
};
motdInterval = 1;                                    

// Rojgler

maxPlayers              = 20;                                
voteMissionPlayers      = 1;                                   
voteThreshold           = 0.33;                 
disableVoN              = 0;                                
vonCodecQuality         = 8;                    
persistent              = 1;                          

Edited by tjackpundare

1. 2500ms - No firewall/Anti-virus in the way, ports should be open as they show it in the router.

NAT will prevent the ping times from showing properly.

2. Server doesn't always bind to the .cfg documents and it's a pain to get it working again.

Are you running it with -config=...?

3. Server crashed yesterday which seems to have stored a cache or something, i dono really, but it keeps loading wasteland mission for those who were logged in a hour or so before the crash and it likes to make people into birds. Also I can't log in as admin but my friends can.

There's no mission autoload in that config. I assume someone is voting to start that mission, as your voteThreshold is 0.33.

Only one person can log in as admin at a time (unless this was changed in A3, which I doubt as it's the most likely cause of this problem). Are you trying to log in while your friends are also logged in?

NAT will prevent the ping times from showing properly.

Are you running it with -config=...?

There's no mission autoload in that config. I assume someone is voting to start that mission, as your voteThreshold is 0.33.

Only one person can log in as admin at a time (unless this was changed in A3, which I doubt as it's the most likely cause of this problem). Are you trying to log in while your friends are also logged in?

NAT is on.

No mission autoload since it's for the community. You can see the answer to the -config.

Yes, I know about that, problem is it dosen't respond to anything I do, I just noticed.

Most likely you will need to setup a DMZ for the server as gamespy is stupid and will report your NAT'd IP to the gamespy master which obviously will not work when it comes to "ping" (it doesn't actually use ICMP but a specially formed UDP packets - stupid I know).

Most likely you will need to setup a DMZ for the server as gamespy is stupid and will report your NAT'd IP to the gamespy master which obviously will not work when it comes to "ping" (it doesn't actually use ICMP but a specially formed UDP packets - stupid I know).

That is one of the few smart decisions GS has made, actually. Routers tend to consider ICMP packets lower priority than other traffic. The UDP-based ping provides a more accurate measurement.

Also, not only do many firewalls and routers block ICMP requests by default (this is less of a concern in a server environment obviously), some even block ICMP responses (that is, the response to a ping or traceroute, from an external server, initiated by a user on the network) by default.

Got problems with 2500 ping on ArmA 3 servers in browser list...

Tried it on two internet lines with different ISPs.

All services except Arma 3 correctly uses ICMP ping replies (of course Allow any ICMP rule enabled for a gate machine).

The most interesting thing is - ArmA 2 servers on the same machine correctly replies to ping queries!

Is it GS-Master related?

Just found the solution for 2500 ping. :yay:

Client needs to run Arma 3 as administrator.

I'm also having difficulties with the 2500 ping issue -- no problems with myself or friends connecting to the server but Gamespy will not query it. I've tried opening the ports (UDP 2302,2303,2305), port forwarding, and lastly I've resorted to just DMZ my machine. I've tried enabling and allowing ICMP with Windows 7 firewall, and now just disable it completely. Also run steam/client in administrator -- nothing has worked and I'm getting quite frustrated.

Does anyone have any suggestions?