Sign in to follow this  
davids

Full screen NV

Sorry it took so long! That is the file updated with the BISIGN file.

johncage has a point.

Albeit, a better word might be tappered effect.

Computer monitors or displays already limit game players' sense of realism within the game, only providing a window to the game world. Whereas in real life, we have almost or more than 180 degree field of view. Both horizontal and vertically. As somebody already just mentioned, viewing as third person is somewhat like cheating. But when you're a pilot who only has one little window in the KA-60 with an altimeter readout too small to read, one has to find other methods to provide for the loss of real world senses.

There were also forum posts elsewhere talking about how the in game night vision lacks the ability of looking around the optics to look at adequately lit gauges within the cockpit.

I think, as long as the server enforces all client players to play by the same rules, cheating cannot be incited. ;-)

Do you know what affect this has if you're running peripheral monitors in eyefinity? I run 5760x1920 so will this make all three screens clear? Currently I literally lose 2 monitors entirely when I use NV.

Do you know what affect this has if you're running peripheral monitors in eyefinity? I run 5760x1920 so will this make all three screens clear? Currently I literally lose 2 monitors entirely when I use NV.

Yes, it will make all three screen clear.. well, green rather!

We need the key so it can be used on dedicated servers. Server key please. :)

I included the Bikey and Bisign in the rar, what else is needed?

I included the Bikey and Bisign in the rar, what else is needed?

The armaholic download is without the serverkey. It would be also nice, if you can sign your mod with v2 signature instead of v1.

Controlling addon signature verification on the server

If a server admin decides addon signatures should be verified, he should add the following line to the server.cfg file:

verifySignatures = 1;

Server admin can decide which addon makers he considers trustworthy by placing their public keys in the "keys" directory. Usually (vanilla installation) there's only Bohemia Interactive's signature, called bi.bikey, in this directory. You can get other signatures at OFPEC.

! Use v2 signatures!

verifySignatures = 2;

replaces obsolete v1 (since ARMA 2 version 1.10 and ARMA 2: OA version 1.59), v1 was deprecated as insecure

Wiki-Link

Davids sir there is no Bikey in your download on Armaholics just a Bisign. A Bikey required for multiplay on dedicated servers any chance of an update with a key please? :butbut:

Take a look in GDT's ArmA 2 full screen NV download on Armaholics to see whats missing. Link> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6673

Edited by jgaz-uk
link

I got tired of waiting. So i went ahead and made my own addon that is signed and includes the server key. I've tested it and it works with verifysignatures = 2 on my dedicated server. Just waiting to hear back from the original author for permission

to publish it since 90 percent of the code is his and he deserves most of the credit. works with the DEV beta version. I can make a stable beta version I just don't run that so I didn't see a need. I'm just tired of waiting for this addon's bi.key.

I got tired of waiting. So i went ahead and made my own addon that is signed and includes the server key. I've tested it and it works with verifysignatures = 2 on my dedicated server. Just waiting to hear back from the original author for permission

to publish it since 90 percent of the code is his and he deserves most of the credit. works with the DEV beta version. I can make a stable beta version I just don't run that so I didn't see a need. I'm just tired of waiting for this addon's bi.key.

Please, do share when you are green :)

Please, do share when you are green :)

Green! It's on Armaholic for those that want it. I'm not posting a link since this is not my thread. Just a heads ups to linkinx :bounce3:

Green! It's on Armaholic for those that want it. I'm not posting a link since this is not my thread. Just a heads ups to linkinx :bounce3:

When trying to join any server i still get dissconnected with a msg saying it's not signed and to either remove it or add a working key. I get the same with the brf_nvg too.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The server must have the key installed or you will get disconnected on any server that you join regardless of the addon\mod your using. Need to ask the server admin to install the key.

The server must have the key installed or you will get disconnected on any server that you join regardless of the addon\mod your using. Need to ask the server admin to install the key.

Okey dokey! Thanks for the info LSD.

I remember with ACE 2 that the view with NVG's was somewhat grainy, like proper NVG's. Is there an addon like this that anyone knows of?

Hey, this doesn't work anymore. With the new faction specific night vision goggles that came with the latest patch or dev build the night vision is back to bi. I'm going through withdrawals. :(

Full Screen Night Vision

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1gWUNu0kwK1TTZPUGhMU3lhZTQ/edit?usp=sharing

did update the mod to working with the latest dev build

full_nvg 1.1: Full Screen Night Vision

Author:maquez [Q-Net]

Requried:

Arma3 v.77

Signed w/Server key

MP compatible/Dedicated Server compatible

Launch with the -mod=@full_nvg in your commandline parameters

Issues:Non Know at this time

Description:

Enables Full Screen Night Vision

This addon is client side only. Server does not need the addon installed just the server key.Place in the key folder in your ArmA3 main directory file.

I only needed to edit a few lines of code to get it to work in ArmA3.

There are other addons that do the same thing but were lacking the proper

Server keys or are unsigned so I decided to make my own addon with the proper

Server key and bi.sign so it can be used on Dedicated servers using Verifysignatures = 2

Updated to dev build classname changes of Night Vision Googles

Thanks and Credits:

All credit for this mod goes to HeinBloed for his gdt_nvgoggles addon for ArmA 2 http://www.gdt-server.net.

Credits also to xx-LSD-xx, BRF_Davids

Disclaimer:

Use at your own risk. Not responsible for any damage caused by use of this addon.

Excellent! I'll update my original post, or feel free to make a new thread, up to your self!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Maquez

Thank you!

Saved me trouble of updating plus you included a server key.

Nice job:bounce3:

This addon changes the class structure of the original BIS items. I highly recommend avoiding it! The addon replaces NVGs with "binoculars" that have NVG properties until you save/reload and you just have plain binoculars meaning no NVGs at all. Completely unusable in any persistent mission framework.