Sign in to follow this  
m79

how about these 2 choppers

I know that with the amount of choppers in the game already its turning into Operation Flashpoint : Gunship 1985 smile.gif but I think choppers play in integeral part of ground ops , anyway I digress..

The MD-500MD for the US , introduced in 1977 , its TOW capable and has several different weapon combos , it can also carry 2-3 men , perfect for specops work

and , I know its Old but for the Russians , the MI-2URP , its the AT version with 4 AT-3 saggers and can carry 5-6 troops. I Know its old (1960s vintage) but the Russians need some other choppers and this is the only one that other then the Mi-8 , that is of any real combat value , ok Mi8's ability in combat is questionable but it can carry AT missiles etc.

How about a covert operations insertion chopper like the MH-53 Pave Low III. I think that the Pave Lows were used in the mid to late 80s.

yep , varaints of the CH-53's

How about the MDHC MD 530MG.  It's more or less a Kiowa, so I guess we don't need another one of these.

The 500MD Defender is a good idea, however, this website says it only carries 2 crew, not the 4 or 6 such as the transport/utility MH-6 Little Bird can carry.  I think it's the MH-6 that is used as a Spec Ops helicoptor.

-=Die Alive=-

Probably right , on the transport issue , it can eitheer carry the Tows or men

i agree a MH6 with  benches would be great . 

(Edited by Dingo at 9:03 pm on Nov. 16, 2001)

Isn't there this major big russian transport chopper called Mi-28 or something?

Would be nice with a BIG russian chopper too. and a civilian unarmed Hughes MD-500 or something...

I saw an article on a UK variant of the Apache. Apparently its the business!

youngbob yeah its called the WAH-64, it has the longbow radar above the rotors. im not sure what the real difference is. Israel also uses apaches and i think 1 other country too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Shadow ATWAR on 12:12 pm on Nov. 16, 2001

Isn't there this major big russian transport chopper called Mi-28 or something?

Would be nice with a BIG russian chopper too. and a civilian unarmed Hughes MD-500 or something...

<span id='postcolor'>

Mi-26. Biggest chopper in the world (about the size of Herc aircraft with same lifting capabilities). Can carry a BMP and 80 troops or about 150 troops (full equiped).

And considering all that, it can chieve speeds of 300km/h (faster than apache).

ru_helo_mi26_05.jpg

Here's my list so far:

1) Operation Bugpoint

2) Operation Gunshipoint

Okay Helos..well yeah, 'em, I cant wait for SDK...the Bohemia team want everyone to use 1985 units for now...then they give the SDK for modern and even future (Starwars/Startrek all the Sci-Fi geeks drooling)

Having said that, its probably -not- worth getting pissed-off with the old gear, because it really could get CRAZY fast...with Sci-Fi mods and such..

At least with locked down SDK gear (for a few more weeks at least) people will only use the 1985 units thus not going beyond what the Team wanted OPF to be...(for themselves) but they will be nice soon enuf..n' give it out.

(Edited by fixOPFsoundsplease at 4:18 pm on Nov. 16, 2001)

they'll give it to the professional mod teams only , operation flashpoint is a realistic war sim not a sci-fi shooting game

I can't see why anyone would want to ruin OFP with Sci-Fi mods, they have counter-strike and Quake III for that. OFP will deserve better treatment, and with the release of the SDK it could become the most comprehensive modern military combat simulator ever. The ability to add any weapons system ever used or devised and use it in any location map makers can create (assuming the SDK includes a map creation tool) will allow for every major modern conflict to be recreated, and more new ones to be made. If it is released it will be a very good day for OFP, because the mods and add ons will roll in, and from what I have seen of other games user add-ons (counterstrike anyone) they will be of near comparable quality to those BIS can do, some of those modders sure can code (though some will obviously stink). Anyhow back to the point the SDK will allow the user base to add anything they want, so we can finally have a complete set of Russian coptors, like the Havoc and Hokum and that C130 Spectre gunship. Lets just hope BIS will release the software in the near future.