Sign in to follow this  
Neus

GPNVG-18 Concept Idea

I think I had that error come up in buldozer once after it crapped out while auto-converting one of my textures to .paa and corrupted the file.

How are you converting it to .paa format, and does it look okay when you try and load the texture itself in texview or preview it on your optic model in Buldozer?

Also, are you using the correct _ca suffix for the texture name?

gpnvg18optics_ca.tga

Converted with texview2 and looks normal.

Converted with auto-converter while loading bulldozer.

Looks normal in bulldozer...

I also verified my steam files etc (as that was what google provided me with the preNlod error)...

OEPS, i think i found my noob error. I simply replaced the modeloptics in cfg with my optics texture, instead of altering or making new opticsmodel.

Do we have a BIS source opticmodel availible?

Do we have a BIS source opticmodel availible?

Somewhere in the Arma 1 samples I think.

They haven't really changed since the days of OFP: They're basically just a large rectangular plane with normals in the +Z direction and a black procedural texture applied (i.e. #(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1.0,co) in the Face Properties window), with a window cut in the middle of the black rectangle for you to apply your shroud/vignette texture to, then any additional reticles etc on additional planes centred within this window. You can then scale the window and reticle planes to appear as large as you need them to appear in optics view and tweaking opticsZoomMin/opticsZoomMax in the config to get the right FOV.

The black rectangle I have for my weapon optics is about 5.12m wide by 3.84m high with a 1.142m square window cut into it for the round optic shroud texture (I assume if you're using a 4096*2048 texture you'll want a window with the same 2:1 aspect ratio, rather than 1:1 for round optics). Can send you an example or two if you need them mate.

Normally i should have some examples and models myself, will see what i can find.

I think we will go for two optics, one for single monitors and one for tripple monitors (last one the main reason why i started this).

I see what i can do...

so if I only have one monitor runing I will not get the full effect of the mod? I dont have and extra $600.0 for two more screens. I run on a Acer GD235HZ, one day i will go surround. Why not just make use of the Full screen nvg mod that is out? Keep up the great work guys.

I think we will go for two optics, one for single monitors and one for tripple monitors (last one the main reason why i started this).

I see what i can do...

Savage,

It's not that you won't get the full effect of the mod, you just won't experience it the same way that someone with a three monitor setup will. However, I can say that about any aspect of the game. If you don't have the triple monitor setup, you won't have as much peripheral vision anyway. I imagine that they're going to do something -similar- to the full screen NVG mod, although maybe not so simple as removing any aperture borders, for folks with a single monitor. For those with a tri-mon setup, they'll just have to expand that custom view while under goggles. I don't know the specifics of how it works but the TLDR version of this is: you'll still get the full effect of the mod and can save up and spend your $600 on something else.

Awesome man , this would would be very helpful to create an authentic recreation of the Zero Dark Thirty represantation of operation Neptune´s Spear

Just a curious question but is there a update on this mod? Have not heard any news on it since the screen shot

No news is good news, With all the updates its hard to keep a mod working in game. So we will have to wait till Beta if not the final release for this mod.

No news is good news, With all the updates its hard to keep a mod working in game. So we will have to wait till Beta if not the final release for this mod.

Rgr that, thanks

Any update on this? Or at least a reassurance that this mod is still in development. :)

Just found this thread.. and thankefully the person next to me knows CPR ...hoooooly hammer that looks sweet :)

Any update on this? Or at least a reassurance that this mod is still in development. :)

We've got it, unsure of whether or not it'll make an appearance anytime soon. But who knows.. stay tuned!

Any updates? Im waiting for this so hard!

When Binkowski feels like an update is needed he'll post it, just keep an eye out.

Until then, Welcome and watch out for the forum rules.

Oh great!

I asked for these NVG in the addon request thread and here it is!

Question though: there are 4 tubes so why (on the screenshot) are there 3 instead of 4 rounds?

Wiki - In real life the images from middle two tubes are combined by your brain into the single central image (like when using binoculars) while the two outer tubes are only seen by one eye each which your brain can't add to the centre image so it widens the FOV instead.

Edited by IanH

I know you guys are busy with other projects and your lives -- just looking for reassurance that this still exists or could exist. :]

Would love to see this NVG ingame... not just from the aspect that it looks good.

I am working on this pair, and i am sure you will see some more in the weeks to come.

I am working on this pair, and i am sure you will see some more in the weeks to come.

yes yes yes yes!!! =))))