Sign in to follow this  
Neus

GPNVG-18 Concept Idea

hey DeSquade i know this is for A3..but is there any way to see this GPNVG 18 in A2 CO???? i mean maybe on some units or so??? i cant wait to see this when they are done :D i realy like it...this is the firsst thing i want after i was looking Zero Dark Thrthy :D nice job..it is nice to see somebody working on it :D

Depends Devil, if it was me only yes, but... I can't promise anything :) ...

We don't even know if it is possible to swap NVG's in the first place (will know soon).

It can be done! A friend of mine tested it some time ago :)

It can be done! A friend of mine tested it some time ago :)

Good to hear. So you don't overwrite the stock NVG screen layout?

I'm not going to lie, seeing this thread and also that recent post about potentially getting this in A2 made my week.

Thanks DaSquade and everyone else involved!

Good to hear. So you don't overwrite the stock NVG screen layout?

I think you can overwrite the view if you make one and make a quick config for it, i wouldn't know about the stuff behind if you like i can send you an example of it? Just need to ask him if it's okay :)

Ohh man..reading last few posts get me goose bumps..LOL

Please DaSquade can u get it and for A2 ??? i woud aprechiate it..and i know there is a lot other who are a lot like me.. i woud realy like to see your GPNVG`s in A2 :D i hope you will make it...if u want of course :D

Regrads

I think you can overwrite the view if you make one and make a quick config for it, i wouldn't know about the stuff behind if you like i can send you an example of it? Just need to ask him if it's okay :)

Cfg/scripting isn't and never will be my cup of tea :). Anyway, outsourced it for the moment, we will soon know ;).

Really interested in this! Could we get an update or an ETA?

Sorry for delay (short on time and took 2 project in between...).

Anyway Bink helped me out getting the nvg ingame for testing. Goggles work (active/non-active) and we still have stock goggles... I tried a quick replacement optic (4096x1024) but that gave me an error (pre N blabla error, anybody?).

Anyway that will be sorted soon.

Still need to check for schroud and other options and continue lods...

No eta beside...when it is done. Will post ingame teaser later on unless bink reads this (green light mate :-)).

Sorry for delay (short on time and took 2 project in between...).

Anyway Bink helped me out getting the nvg ingame for testing. Goggles work (active/non-active) and we still have stock goggles... I tried a quick replacement optic (4096x1024) but that gave me an error (pre N blabla error, anybody?).

Still need to check for schroud and other options and continue lods...

No eta beside...when it is done. Will post ingame teaser later on unless bink reads this (green light mate :-)).

I can look into the tex error if you want when I have time, not sure with the scripting of FOV and things like that..

gpnv2.jpg

Just a teaser, going to look into changing the shroud options and fixing a few things with it. Will let you know progress DS :).

I tried a quick replacement optic (4096x1024) but that gave me an error (pre N blabla error, anybody?).

^2 error so 4096 *2048 only or 2048*1024 etc etc ?

Nice work guys, do you have an Ops-core helmet that goes with it? :)

Nice work guys, do you have an Ops-core helmet that goes with it? :)

Isn't the ECH Light helmet OPS-CORE Fast? Or is it just similar?

Isn't the ECH Light helmet OPS-CORE Fast? Or is it just similar?

The one in games is based on the FAST 'Carbon' which is just a bump helmet I believe, for military parachuting, climbing etc (an alternative to Protec helmets).

It's not the model that offers armour protection. IIRC that's the FAST 'Ballistic' which is somewhat bulkier and doesn't have ventilation holes, and has more general use among armed forces of the world (various SOF units, the Norwegian army etc.).

Thanks I found the picture.

Yeah that's an older version of the model though. We have a new model that I just finished UV mapping and starting work on the textures. I don't particularly care that it's already in the game as I don't really like BIS' because I feel it's a little unrealistic in some ways. But anyway here is the WIP shot.. 3ds max render. Thanks to JP for the model.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58136939/Images/nsw_velcro.jpg

Model is looking nice ingame, good work all round.

You guys make a good work, Arma's player are lucky to have such a bunch of talented addons maker around.

The new helmet looks really good.

You guys make a good work, Arma's player are lucky to have such a bunch of talented addons maker around.

The new helmet looks really good.

Amen. :)

You probebly correct on the X2 texture error. I thought it was possible, but been awhile and i think i never needed that format in the past. Will make a quick 4096x2048 sample to try out.

EDIT: Unless i overlooked something else, i still get the error with the 4096x2048 texture.

->Warning: preNLOD format in object...

Edited by DaSquade