Sign in to follow this  
Neus

GPNVG-18 Concept Idea

mhhh nigth missions for what ? when the only different to the day is a green sight ?

sort of an aside from this, but has anyone thought to do a nightvision/thermal hybrid? Is that even possible?

i thought it was obvious that they're not doing fantasy crap.

i thought it was obvious that they're not doing fantasy crap.

You are one bitter individual aren't you?

ENVG indeed covers sort of nv and thermal. That would indeed be very handy but not sure if that would be possible (tweaking existing thermal colors and/or overlaying the two etc...).

I thought there was an other topic made about this and a (small) workaround but didn't looked to realistic imho.

Edited by DaSquade

I did a AN/PSQ-20 model some time ago. It's nowhere near DaSquade's quality standard, but it looks a bit like it. I donated the model to Astast, so it's up to him what happens next with it.

jpinvg.png

I did a AN/PSQ-20 model some time ago. It's nowhere near DaSquade's quality standard, but it looks a bit like it. I donated the model to Astast, so it's up to him what happens next with it.

Thanks for that comment, but quality isn't ideal (->painfull to reduce details from high poly model to acceptable low poly model ;) ).

Never the less, looks like a very good model mate. Can i know the polycount of it please?

Meanwhile (highpoly teaser)....Halfway the Wilcox paronamic mount...

gpnvg18_8.jpg

You plan to use the ao map as a normal ?

He'll probably just bake the normal map from the high poly model as well as the AO map too?

Good work DaSquade. Good to see you back!

Ah ok, is that a modo thing? I don't thing I can bake normals in maya, I have to either convert the ao In ps or sculpt the normal in z. Is it trial and error to figure out how much you can fake it with mapping

I don't use maya, I use max. And in that you can bake AO, Norms, Spec, etc. etc. ad infitum.

Yup, high poly for AO/AS and NORMAL maps. Been out of the loop a bit and could use some leasons from my friend(s) regarding modo...(you can bake all kinds of textures including your _co based on the high poly model). Might stick to what i know, it did the job in the past...

Still love modo, sort of user friendly but feels good.

And thanks Binkowski :)

@PN11A: you can fake a lot with normal maps and it is best to use it where possible. But sadly it can't fake outer 3D (displacements, at least i don't know arma 3 supports it...).

Biggest problem will be to reduce the low poly model to the bear minimum (always hate that part :)). Still why to heavy atm...4xcilinders are always poly eaters.

Any idea what a reasonable tricount would be for it? (yes most of the time i make my stuff next gen. compatible..haha).

Edited by DaSquade

wow thats pretty handy, I might need to look into using ads.

Yup, high poly for AO/AS and NORMAL maps. Been out of the loop a bit and could use some leasons from my friend(s) regarding modo...(you can bake all kinds of textures including your _co based on the high poly model). Might stick to what i know, it did the job in the past...

Still love modo, sort of user friendly but feels good.

And thanks Binkowski :)

@PN11A: you can fake a lot with normal maps and it is best to use it where possible. But sadly it can't fake outer 3D (displacements, at least i don't know arma 3 supports it...).

Biggest problem will be to reduce the low poly model to the bear minimum (always hate that part :)). Still why to heavy atm...4xcilinders are always poly eaters.

Any idea what a reasonable tricount would be for it? (yes most of the time i make my stuff next gen. compatible..haha).

with normal maps, it could go as low as two thousand for a model that size, because it still has lots of intricate details. that's taking into account you will be making scaled lod models. cause if not, it'll need to be even lower.

I'd love a version of these that took advantage of my triple head ;)

One of my reasons i making it (realistic triple head NV screen display)...

Sorry for the (high poly) teasers, but almost done. Still need mounting plate and depending on what can be shared cables/batterypack/helmet.

gpnvg19.jpg

gpnvg20.jpg

Edited by DaSquade

Thanks for that comment, but quality isn't ideal (->painfull to reduce details from high poly model to acceptable low poly model ;) ).

Never the less, looks like a very good model mate. Can i know the polycount of it please?

Meanwhile (highpoly teaser)....Halfway the Wilcox paronamic mount...

Yeah true that. Although Modo has many useful tools that make life just a bit easier when it's about retopology.

The polycount of my model is 3,4K including the mount, battery, straps etc.

Great work DaSquade.

Low poly model (for the moment just under 5k tris witch is acceptable in my eyes)...

Some quick AO bake and non transparent lenses...

gpnvg24.jpg

Edited by DaSquade