Sign in to follow this  
Freddan962

AI's not using AT weapons?

Hello,

I'm experiencing a issue where the enemy AI isn't using their AT weapons at our vehicles.

341ED89F5FA52E5A1AAE5BA639BEC8BDB08D10A7

I'm running UPSMON.

Help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Edited by Freddan962

I have had no problems with AT rifleman so far. They do however fire them when they see fit and not instantly whenever they see a vehicle.

I have had no problems with AT rifleman so far. They do however fire them when they see fit and not instantly whenever they see a vehicle.

I've been playing around with different situations for the past three hours, they've not fired a single rocket at me or my allies. We can literally ace them without taking any casualties.

They do however fire them when they see fit and not instantly whenever they see a vehicle.

I'm having a similar problem with ai soldiers i equip with anti-air missiles. They seem to arm their launcher and fire at helicopters only when the helicopters get extremely close to them.

I have been playing for over 40 hours I have yet to see the AI fire AT. It must be a alpha bug.

In arma 2 the ai was also hardly any use against any kind of vehicle so i really hope this IS an alpha bug.

You could use this to force the AI have AT out at all times and ready to fire. I haven't tested this but it might help.

Init for opfor infantry

removeallweapons this;
this addMagazine "RPG32_AA_F"
this addweapon "launch_RPG32_F";
this selectWeapon "launch_RPG32_F";

Init for blufor infantry

removeallweapons this;
this addMagazine "NLAW_F"
this addweapon "launch_NLAW_F";
this selectWeapon "launch_NLAW_F";

It didn't work for me, even if a unit is grouped to me I can't get them to fire a launcher, they even use a pistol but not a launcher.

Also you can't get order them to open fire on Civilians or empty vehicles, both of these worked in OA I'm sure.