Sign in to follow this  
Snottus

E10: Attack Helicopter

When doing the boot camp mission for Attack Helicopter, I am unable to proceed after having blown up the three tanks with Hellfire missiles. The tutorial tells me to switch to Hydra rockets, which I do, but then nothing happens. The tutorial just continues to say I have to switch to Hydra rockets.

I've tried all kinds of things, switching weapons, swapping to gunner, flying around and so forth.. Anyone have an idea how to proceed?

Same for me so you'r not alone. Press ctrl + f or r (didn't remember) and see if you can change weapons?

Woop woop, found a solution!

In Steam, I can choose between regular OA and Beta, I always play OA Beta (with current updates). However, since I couldn't complete the tutorial in beta mode, I decided to try regular, which worked!

The difference is, in beta mode, I can target the tanks, but do not get the lock-on beeping (regardless of manual fire on/off) - whenever I tried commanding my gunner to fire, the Hellfire missiles would just fly straight ahead, unless I used manual fire. However, in regular OA, once I target a tank, I immediately get the lock-on beeping, which guides my Hellfires to their designated target. After that I can proceed with no difficulty.

Seems there's something wrong with the lock-on in OA Beta? Heh, I've actually never heard that lock-on beeping before (having flown ~120 hours in OA Beta :).

The same bug is in the Steam version 1.63. The mission for Attack Helicopter cannot be completed. There was no problem in the older version 1.62.

Woop woop, found a solution!

In Steam, I can choose between regular OA and Beta, I always play OA Beta (with current updates). However, since I couldn't complete the tutorial in beta mode, I decided to try regular, which worked!

The difference is, in beta mode, I can target the tanks, but do not get the lock-on beeping (regardless of manual fire on/off) - whenever I tried commanding my gunner to fire, the Hellfire missiles would just fly straight ahead, unless I used manual fire. However, in regular OA, once I target a tank, I immediately get the lock-on beeping, which guides my Hellfires to their designated target. After that I can proceed with no difficulty.

Seems there's something wrong with the lock-on in OA Beta? Heh, I've actually never heard that lock-on beeping before (having flown ~120 hours in OA Beta :).

I'm having the same problem, but I just can't find a way for the to disable OA Beta. I tried going into Steam and switching my ArmA 2 OA from 1.62 beta to no beta, and tried going into PlayWithSix (where I launch the game from) and unchecking "Always Use Beta Patch" box, but it still doesn't work.

Oh and, when I launch ArmA 2 OA through Steam I always get a Expansion folder marked in my expansions (addons) list, which I can't disable.

Could you please tell me how you disabled your Beta? It's getting me frustrated because a few months ago I went to this same thread, saw your reply and just disabled my Beta, now I can't do it for some reason...

Sorry about the late reply, been in a Japan for two weeks.

Been a good while since I played Arma 2, but back when I did, I had a separate game called Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta. I still have it in steam, only now it has an added text to it, saying (Obsolete).

Have you tried going into steam properties for OA and opting out of the beta, and then verified the game cache? Maybe Playw6 has messed up your installation? Try re-installing the game?

Anyhoo, the AH mission ends Right after you've blown up the tanks, iirc, so you're not exactly missing much