Sign in to follow this  
tigerforce

3D Editor (Real Time)

Hi,

Sorry if it has already been asked but I have not enough time to read all the posts, I apologize: do we have any news about a Real Time Editor included in the Game ?

it would really help the mission-makers...

Regards,

No they...surrendered...that feature from A3. AFAIK, Officially its a VBS2 only exclusivity.

Oh damn !

I hope some addons-makers will do it, because it's really a bad point for ArmA 3, in my opinion :(

Thank you for your answer OChristie.

Regards,

No, I think he's talking about the Alt+E method available in A2.

So no 3d Editor for A3 then??

BIS said they weren't going to be releasing a 3d editor upon initial release but....

No clue how the guy accessed it.

Is it possible he brought over the files necessary from ArmA 2?

Like editor.pbo?

Or am I a dummy.

You mean...

Constructio, Proper Real Time 3D Editor, or an... 3D Editor in the Editor?

Yes, improper grammar.

Which didn't really make sense to me in Arma 2. YES, I know that the 3D editor was not complete... or good...

But they should have put it up anyway. It makes it so much easier to create missions, at the cost of your sanity as you just realised that you deleted the wrong object.

Oh wow!

I think they do are working on the 3D editor, but just not telling anyone.

And based on the video of the 3D editor which seems to have some bugs still.

Well I think this is awesome. Well done MulleDK for finding it.

I just hope that BIS say it is fine to use. I can't see why they wouldn't want us to use it!

I guess my links were to subtle...

BIS said they weren't going to be releasing a 3d editor upon initial release but....

No clue how the guy accessed it.

I think this is just how far they got with the 3d editor before they decided it wasn't worth it. I don't think they are working on it now. Would be nice to have access to it though even if it isn't 100% functional.

Oh wow!

I think they do are working on the 3D editor, but just not telling anyone.

And based on the video of the 3D editor which seems to have some bugs still.

I think it's just a remnant of the old 3D Editor from ArmA2.

Maybe someone of the community will adopt the current version and enhance its functionality?

Beside the fact that we don't know how to access the editor atm...

Why won´t that guy tell anybody how he accessed it?

No they...surrendered...that feature from A3. AFAIK, Officially its a VBS2 only exclusivity.

Thank you for THIS answer, made me laugh hard :D

The 3D editor is really really needed, can't count the hours I spend just checking the object positions already, it's so time consuming. Place object, preview, go back, move one inch to the left, preview, go back, one inch to the right, preview, go back, etc.

The 3D editor is really really needed, can't count the hours I spend just checking the object positions already, it's so time consuming. Place object, preview, go back, move one inch to the left, preview, go back, one inch to the right, preview, go back, etc.

A million times this.

Definitely! Doesn't have to be real time fancy stuff, even 3D only for placement is huge help :)

Another way for easy placement... check out the spoiler in my sig

copyToClipboard format ["this setPosATL %1;this setDir %2;",getPosATL player, getDir player];

Make sure you got your game in windows mode you its easy to alt tab quick to a notepad to paste when you get your position as you stand in it where you want to place the unit.

yeah a 3d editor is a must.. its a shame that guy in the vids did not let anynoe know how to access it.

3D Editor is an important feature wish since ofp1. It's hard to put units on roofs or laptops on tables and so on....RTE is nice but its no final solution. Please give us the possibilty to use the 3d editor maybe in expert editor mode with info that this is an experimental feature.

Edited by nightshift

Definitely! Doesn't have to be real time fancy stuff, even 3D only for placement is huge help :)

Yes I only want it for decorating the place and create custom outposts and stuff. On Stratis the building positions on the map are still not accurate to the real on map position. So you see a grey square on the map representing a building and then you think you place a box next to the wall and then preview it the box is actually inside the building or 3 meters away from the wall.

its a shame that guy in the vids did not let anynoe know how to access it.

Understatement of the week. How about ...criminal...? Seriously what short of an NDA would prevent someone from letting us know the how/what/why of the most sought 3d-editor? From the looks of that video Im suspecting extremely high doses of caffeine which could mean he's in crash mode :p

Hi, okay its now revealed:

by JonUkutube

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma3/comments/1af3x6/arma3_alpha_3d_mission_editor_how_to_access_it/

- Create “3d.stratis†folder

- Create text file inside the new folder

- Rename text file “mission.biediâ€

- Create shortcut of “arma3.exeâ€

- Go to the Target field of the new shortcut and insert the address of your mission.biedi file

- Launch via the new shortcut

by

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/22/beyond-the-alpha-have-fun-in-arma-3/#more-146807

Now only we can hope that BIS will update the editor to a fullintegrated tool for ArmA3.

Edited by Raptor

@Raptor: Thanks very much for that and the great video tutorial...:)