pettka

Arma 3 weapons config guidelines

guys, please help, Im new here (though I have extensively played Arma 2) and I dont know where else to look.... Im completly new to modding and I just wanted to change the rate of fire of a weapon... m134 minigun to be specific... I looked aroung and I know I need to change the reload time in cfgweapons but here is my problem... no idea how to find it let alone mod it... please, can anyone  be kind enough to help a guy in need? :)

20 hours ago, Robalo said:

Is cfgmagazinewells officially supported

Yes it is. Just vanilla isn't making use of that yet as it's still being tested and tinkered with. But only the config side. Not the engine implementation.
Also inheritance in CfgMagazineWells is broken currently.

I think some more detail on setting up sub-munitions would be useful, particularly when it comes to the spawn cone.

For example, the different cone types are not described, nor the significance of each array value in the custom cone type.

I've spent pretty much a solid day trying to create three sub-munitions which spawn and fly parallel to the parent munition in even thirds of a circle around it, and even now they are still appearing with random spreads and diverging away from the parent in a 'cone' shape.

I'm also pretty convinced the sub-munitions are not following the targeting of the parent (in this case beam-riding) which is disappointing if it is an engine limitation.