Sign in to follow this  
aidas2

UCP Soldiers

A simple UCP camo retexture.

s23hfcXl.jpg?1YCdA97sl.jpg?2

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD PSD - Feel free to use this whole addon and psd files to replace the camo and re-release with new camos ;)

Thanks Scarecrow398 for his USMC template. And Davids for the nice pictures.

Included the diffuse file and the tileable ucp template ( Note it's darker because I had to make it so, to look right under the nrm overlay in the diffuse )

The units are under Blue (Us Army) and include a few soldiers. Feel free to modify any way you want and re-release, just give credit for the ground work if you're expanding on the ucp troops.

Extract the rar into arma 3 dir and add -mod=@SLDR_UCP; to your target line to work. All keys included, should work online.

Edited by aidas2

Why does at the body part of the Combat Shirt are not camoed? I'm asking in a Real-Life situation... does putting colors at the body area negate the moisture wicking ability/breathability of the shirt?

yes they designed it as such so you get maximum nipple airing area.

It's made of a thinner, more breathable fabric to the sleeves to allow for maximum venting.

I'm not in the military but I use a UBACS for Airsoft to wear under my carrier.

p.s. Nice mod! Any chance of making a model with British MTP instead of multicam? I'm rubbish at making stuff like this ^_^

Edited by Ginga121

Thanks for the Armaholic link!

It's made of a thinner, more breathable fabric to the sleeves to allow for maximum venting.

I'm not in the military but I use a UBACS for Airsoft to wear under my carrier.

p.s. Nice mod! Any chance of making a model with British MTP instead of multicam? I'm rubbish at making stuff like this ^_^

I could give it a go, I have a few camos I'd like to have them in and release as one big pack. The problem is getting nice textures.

Edited by aidas2

You could prolly print it with a few techniques, without degrading the performance much (I do sort of study these things at uni, if you reeeeeeeally want I can dig around), but for most bit it's just not worth the extra trouble. As in the picture, the shirts are designed to be worn with body armour on, so any camouflage wouldn't be showing. Besides, the area is fairly small and the effect of camouflaging it would be negligible, plus the environment the fabric is in isn't really good for most colouring dyes.

That said, the Brits did issue their S95 Fleeces initially in DPM, but switched to solid green later as they found the camouflage useless in an undergarment.

If you need MTP reference, I got an UBACS right next to me...

Nice mod! And very helpful inclusion of the psd files :)

Any idea where I can get hold of similar psd files for the plate carrier/vest and misc/helmet textures?