Sign in to follow this  
sata3d

i gain some stability and some fps

i put this command in the launch of steam an i think my game is more stable now, before i only can play 50 mins or 1 hour max whitout crash

now i can play 5 hours or more without problems

and i think i have a few more fps, maybe is placebo but the stability gain is a fact :)

this is the commands, you put them in the properties/set launch options,

test them maybe can help you :)

-nosplash -skipintro -world=empty -cpucount=4 -exthreads=7 -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -maxmen=5047 -high

cpu: i7 860 4ghz ht disabled in bios

ram: 6 gb 1600 mhz

video: ati 7970 xfx black edition

Edited by sata3d
cpu

With an i7 you want to have -cpucount=4 set to 8

Since you got 8 cores. i5 have 4

what would it be for a i5 2500K CPU - 8 GB RAM and 1 GB VRAM?

edit ok with the cores and the rest?

no need cpucount and exthread, since engine does it automaticly, maxmem 5000 is bullisht, since this parameter is for limiting of ur ram usage, if u have not a lot of ram, and causes visual glitches, only malloc makes sense, there are about 5 different in dll folder you could try.

With an i7 you want to have -cpucount=4 set to 8

Since you got 8 cores. i5 have 4

ht in arma not make any sense, i test form arma 1 and the engine only recognize physical cores not virtuals

no need cpucount and exthread, since engine does it automaticly, maxmem 5000 is bullisht, since this parameter is for limiting of ur ram usage, if u have not a lot of ram, and causes visual glitches, only malloc makes sense, there are about 5 different in dll folder you could try.

maybe you have reason, but i think than line of commands works :) i feel the game more stable

you can try it, maybe help you to :)

what would it be for a i5 2500K CPU - 8 GB RAM and 1 GB VRAM?

edit ok with the cores and the rest?

i put only aproaching numbers of the max size of memory ram, you can put 7000 in maxmen,

never reach the max physical memory

Also maxmem is 2047, if you put anything more than that it will have 0 effect and rollback to default.

-cpucount dont do any thign neither tbh i see no difference with my quad core.

Its the engine nothing else

I have two monitorsd and I had task manager open on one screen.

I disabled all cores accept one and went back to game same FPS I then enabled 2 cores in affinity and still same useage so nothing we do will make any difference BIS are the only ones who can fix this