Sign in to follow this  
AussieStig

Locking units from accessing gear

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to making missions. While I made a few in Arma 2, they were never advanced, and I'm looking to expand my knowledge in arma 3.

I'm creating a rescue type mission, where it's the job of OPFOR - who are holding 3 civilians captive - to hold off the advancing BLUFOR trying to rescue the 3 civilians. There is no AI in the mission, including the 3 civilians, so even they will be played by members of my group.

The trouble I'm having though is that the civilians will have the ability to the Ammo Crates placed down for the OPFOR, and the civilians will also be able to take gear off players that die near them. While that's obviously the most realistic approach, that's not what I want to do. I would like to have it so that the civilians do not have access to the Ammo Crates at a minimum, and I'd prefer that they cannot access players gear.

Is there a way of locking particular players out from accessing gear?

Cheers.

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to making missions. While I made a few in Arma 2, they were never advanced, and I'm looking to expand my knowledge in arma 3.

I'm creating a rescue type mission, where it's the job of OPFOR - who are holding 3 civilians captive - to hold off the advancing BLUFOR trying to rescue the 3 civilians. There is no AI in the mission, including the 3 civilians, so even they will be played by members of my group.

The trouble I'm having though is that the civilians will have the ability to the Ammo Crates placed down for the OPFOR, and the civilians will also be able to take gear off players that die near them. While that's obviously the most realistic approach, that's not what I want to do. I would like to have it so that the civilians do not have access to the Ammo Crates at a minimum, and I'd prefer that they cannot access players gear.

Is there a way of locking particular players out from accessing gear?

Cheers.

I would really love to see this as well. I am sure it is possible.

Just speculating here BUT i think there is only one way to go about this.

As far as I know disabling item pickup would be a global event and you dont want that so the next best step would be prohibiting certain weapons on players.

So something like

if (player) == civilian && (player = armed) then do {deleteweapon};

Ya that was horrid but something of that nature should work. I hope that gives someone ideas.

This might do the trick (untested):

private "_dspl";
disableSerialization;

while {alive _this} do {
 waitUntil {
   _dspl = findDisplay 106;
   (! isNull _dspl) && (_this == player);
 };
 _dspl closeDisplay 0;
};

Put it in a script-file and execute via init-line on the unit that should the restriction:

0 = this execVM "nogear.sqf";