Sign in to follow this  
yakbait

SO.... You're a sniper!! Prove It!

I've been playing this mission for a couple of days now in one iteration or another, just to come to grips with the editor and scripts etc...

The Gist is:

There is an Iranian Sniper running loose somewhere on the island and you have to hunt him down and kill him. Sounds easy right??...

What you don't know is that there is very little intel, just a last known, rough location and a search area that will have all the would be snipers sniveling about how it's too big and too hard!

Well suck it up princess and show me your a sniper and not a 360 no-scope, cartwheeling, back flipping clown!!

I've used Kronsky's Urban Patrol Script for a little more dynamic and random game play (with a couple of tweaks to AI behavior).

Good luck gents... He's not easy to find and harder to kill!....

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19168

Let me know if you get him...

hi, i only get 1 .pbo file. I put it in my mission folder but when i go in the editor to load it the mission doesen't show

hi, i only get 1 .pbo file. I put it in my mission folder but when i go in the editor to load it the mission doesn't show

try it in the MPmissions... I have the same problem with the mission folder, I beleive its the alpha at the moment until we get actual storyline missions in an update

you have to put it in the arma3/mpmissions folder in your steamapps folder

not your mydocuments/arma3/mpmisisons

I know I have done that and it did not show.

I fixed it any way ya need to add

.Stratis to the end of the PBO file

If you add Spy BAttle stats you can see how accurate you are and compare it to others. At ARMALIVE.COM

Love the clip... when I get home I've got some ideas to make it more interesting... no grenades for one lol. .. and I noticed he wasn't in constant altert like he shiuld have been... ill have to fix that too

How long did it take to find him?..

Lucky... I've played it a dozen times and never been so lucky

Well, this is not a complaint, but you've got the player set on the map quite a distance from the target.

I really have to spend time humping it.

Did I miss a transport anyplace?

Is there any fun on the way there, besides the scenery?

If this were real, I'd stop over at a bar/hut and have me a cold beer, and a little brown island girl.

You didn't put in any little brown island girls did you? :p

lol no little brown girls. The whole point of it is being a sniper! Patience , patience and more patience! He will spawn in a random area within the red zone so you just never know where he is. I have updated the mission with a few more tweaks to the enemy AI and I'm thinking of adding some ambient civillians in camo just for fun. I'll let you know when it's ready to d/l

1 Shot 1 Kill - 20 min 20 secs

To be fair I got lucky I ran to the bunker formation in the center of the 'zone' and as I was looking around he run past on the road with out seeing me

I went prone and aimed just as he decided to take a knee and scan the area

Head shot

Thanks for the mission

HI YakBait,

I agree with Kommiekat, this mission would be better with some more polish. Add a task, some civilians, maybe a few enemy patrols. Add some WEST side life in the base at your starting point so the player believes he has been given a mission and randomly starts in the middle of no-where.

Thanks for the mission though...after about half an hour of not finding the sniper, I just kind of got bored and changed mission. Please give us some distraction or reason to be stealthy. : P

Spent quite a while looking for this fellow. After some time, gave up and went home. Like others have suggested, the mission needs some life. Civilians, enemy foot, helicopter, water and vehicle patrols and even some friendlies to add some risk/excitement.