Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Most realistic water impacts I've ever seen

Anyone else get lost for 30 minutes shooting various weapons at water. The particle effects are bar none the best in any game to date. The water spray comes up at a realistic rate and dissipates the same. Awesome job BI. Doing little bird gun runs against boats is a visual joy! Excited to see where you take the new particle effects.

Yes, it does, but the blood impact effect does really need an improvement, best to add some blood pink mist.

Particle effects are awesome and I agree with Lao, we need better blood effects. Red mist when hit by mortar fire, blood left on walls etc. Various blood effects would add enought immersion without gore dismemberment.

What does OPs post have to do with modding?

Nothing. Moving to A3: General section....

Impacts look good, but wake textures of boats need work, 3D wake, rather than a simple texture overlay would be better.

Bullets impact should kick more dust and or water up, than it'd be perfect

I love the HUGE waves. jump out into the water and see if you don't feel like it's real. I like the mud splatter one the littlebirds when shooting near mud. Did anyone notice the heat coming out of the heli engines. The heat warps what you see behind it like in real life.