Sign in to follow this  
Exigo

COOP 08 OP Jagged Hammer

COOP 08 OP Jagged Hammer

Quick Overview

Situation

3 days ago the IRIA military forces led by Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari launched a surprise attack on NATO forces stationed in the Mediterranean Sea and took control over the island STRATIS.

NATO forces stationed on STRATIS are all MIA and the destroyer USS BARRY was badly damaged by enemy anti-ship missiles but managed to defend herself and pull out of the area.

NATO forces under the command of Vice Admiral Frank Craig Pandolfe of the US SIXTH FLEET and the 24th MEU stationed in NAPLES, ITALY have landed on the island ALTIS in the AEGEAN SEA.

The 24th MEU are ordered to prepare for an amphibious assault on STRATIS. Elements from the 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion are to link up with the USS MINNESOTA and conduct covert missions against the enemy on STRATIS to prepare for the main assault on STRATIS.

Mission

Destroy the RADAR DOME at AIR STATION MIKE-26

Execution

• Insert from the USS MINNESOTA by CRRCs and secure the LANDING ZONE.
  • Once the LANDING ZONE is secured move towards AIR STATION MIKE-26 and recon the area.
  • Infiltrate AIR STATION MIKE-26 and plant the charges on the RADAR DOME.
  • If you are detected recon AIR STATION MIKE-26 by force.
  • When the target area is secured fall back to the LANDING ZONE and prepare the CRRCs for EXFIL.
  • When the LANDING ZONE is secure establish radio contact with USS MINNESOTA on TAC channel ALPHA.
  • When contact with USS MINNESOTA have been established get in the CRRCs and link up with USS MINNESOTA out at sea.

Support

No support available

Signal

USS MINNESOTA on TAC channel ALPHA for EXFIL

Disclaimer

This is my very first mission I have ever completed so my current skill level is not up there yet but I have learned a lot over the last 6 days.

The mission isn't 100% completed yet but its at that point where I need fresh eyes on the mission and more feedback.

I have some experience with ArmA 2 editing and have made a few in house missions that worked but this is my first release.

There are no scripts in this mission, that's still something I need to learn how to implement/write. Everything is done with the editor to test the alpha to the max, this is alpha after all.

The current version is running with gear pre-selected this includes uniforms, headgear and backpacks. All playable units except the Automatic Rifleman have silencers on their primary weapon.

If it gets to the point where you need the firerate of a SAW silencers isn't worth much anyways, also they tend to blow up in RL.

I hate telling people how to play the game but a tip from me to the squad leader/host (however has the working tasks/briefing) is to read trough them before launching.

The tasks/briefing is in a setup as close to the real world application of a 5 point order the game lets me do and it may hold answers to a possible question along the mission.

Known Issues

• Tasks and briefing only showing up for host
  • Tasks and briefing might be listed in the wrong order but should update in the correct order
  • Whatever the game engine decides to randomize and mess up :rolleyes:

Planned features

• Radio chatter on certain points within the mission between the squad leader and up the chain of command (as soon as my friends have time to help me with voice recording)

I love feedback and I need to improve so please leave any comment in this thread

Thanks for playing my mission and thank you for all feedback, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Edited by Exigo

The mission worked great until the latest (stable) update. now it doesn't load. Can you please fix it?

It is a good mission, thanks for it.