Sign in to follow this  
fuzzysquirrel

PhysX query

Alright, the only real problem I'm having with PhysX is my wheel animations. I can either use wheel_x_damper_land and have my wheels float above the vehicle and move vertically, or I can use wheel_x and have them placed properly with no vertical travel.

Aside from that I'm loving the new PhysX options.

i am not sure, but think we need to wait for a new oxygen to access a new lod.

i am not sure, but think we need to wait for a new oxygen to access a new lod.

You do indeed - without the new O2 and the new physX LOD, then there's no physX for any custom models, for now you can only simulate Car, not Car X (and other derivatives)

Well that's not entirely true, I have PhysX working and all that its just the dampers that are messed up.

The only thing that doesn't work PhysX's wise on that vehicle is the dampers, but I feel like I'm more likely missing some config guidance since using one wheel bone allows for animated wheels and using the other allows for animated dampers, but I can't get them to work in conjunction.

Without knowing what precisely is in the physx lod, your model probably lacks certain physical properties, plus the obvious damper stuff. I would recommend you certain experiment with the physx stuff but do most of your mod development using the normal simulation for now.

Well that's not entirely true, I have PhysX working and all that its just the dampers that are messed up.

The only thing that doesn't work PhysX's wise on that vehicle is the dampers, but I feel like I'm more likely missing some config guidance since using one wheel bone allows for animated wheels and using the other allows for animated dampers, but I can't get them to work in conjunction.

I'm not seeing a huge amount of PhysX in that video, other than power sliding. No body roll, no lurching, no weight shifting - you can get vehicles ingame, but you can't use the full extent of PhysX yet without the new oxygen and the LOD to rig physX with.

I may be blind though, which tends to happen these days (as in, this isn't any attack on you, I'm just not seeing much, if any, PhysX)

I think, you can see a good physics on the example "SpinTires" Everything looks very natural.

I would like to differentiate amongst similar in A3A

Edited by xxxsadistxxx

I'm not seeing a huge amount of PhysX in that video, other than power sliding. No body roll, no lurching, no weight shifting - you can get vehicles ingame, but you can't use the full extent of PhysX yet without the new oxygen and the LOD to rig physX with.

I may be blind though, which tends to happen these days (as in, this isn't any attack on you, I'm just not seeing much, if any, PhysX)

ive got a vehicle in game using carx simulation and my wheels turn fine but they dont touch the ground like this http://imageshack.us/a/img27/5838/1074102013031000006.png does anyone know what would cause that?

There's no body roll because the suspension is very rigid at the moment, If I wanted I could make it flip going 10km/h. At the moment there's very little information regarding damping and suspension settings, so I avoided messing with them too much.

However even with body roll the suspension would not bound properly. Also I see alot of PhysX in the Inertia the car carries along with the other PhysX involving braking, and the power curve simulation. While the PhysX represented aren't that great (Without instruction it's gonna be alot of trial/error) it is a start, and it is a driving vehicle with physx, meaning if I want to use that cop car to pit another physx vehicle, I can.

You guys may or may not be right on a PhysX lod, but VBS2 Manuals explain how to setup PhysX and there's no special lod for anything but Boats in that.

Edited by FuzzySquirrel

Yup, doing my own digging too, and not quite sure what the PhysX LOD will be used for vehicle wise - there must be some element of rigging involved somewhere, but what it relates to doesn't seem to be all to clear (besides deplacement for boats - been reading the same manual) - some of the dev info about this new LOD seems to be a little confused, or misworded. Happy to be shown that it's not quite the case of a missing magical LOD.

What are your damper settings, are you purely working via model.cfg, or the new elements in the config.cpp?

there is no physx lod

use the latest version of eliteness to study the p3d's

there is no physx lod

use the latest version of eliteness to study the p3d's

Then what on earth is DnA and others nattering on about?

We are preparing a new set of tools upgraded for Arma 3. I cannot yet say when we'll have them ready as the same programmers and other people needing to create such package are at work fixing crashes for example. This first version of the mod tools package would likely contain things like Oxygen upgraded with a PhysX-LOD (for 3D models), but not Visitor (for making islands) yet.