fer

F3 Mission Development Framework (F2 for ArmA 3)

19 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

"But, I can tell you that when developing missions using the F3 framework the loadout scripts make it much easier to make global changes to the loadouts. For example let's say you outfitted most of your units with an M16A4 from RHS and now you'd like to replace that rifle for all units with the M4A1. That can be done with one quick class name edit and all the units that had an M16A4 now have an M4A1. Another example would be globally changing the amount of ammunition being carried."

I second Tuskegee_99th. Being able to make global changes with the scripts vs manual changes in game has significantly reduced the amount of time it takes me to make missions. 

19 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

"But, I can tell you that when developing missions using the F3 framework the loadout scripts make it much easier to make global changes to the loadouts. For example let's say you outfitted most of your units with an M16A4 from RHS and now you'd like to replace that rifle for all units with the M4A1. That can be done with one quick class name edit and all the units that had an M16A4 now have an M4A1. Another example would be globally changing the amount of ammunition being carried."

I second Tuskegee_99th. Being able to make global changes with the scripts vs manual changes in game has significantly reduced the amount of time it takes me to make missions; which means I get more time to play said missions. 

No releases planned for the near future, but it's not dead :)

I'm trying to figure out how to 'define' other factions for use with F3. When I drop down RHS USAF units the F3 framework displays a radio message saying that the faction rhs_usarmy_d is not defined. Anyone have any ideas where factions get defined in F3?

EDIT: So I figured out how to add factions to the briefing component thereby removing the 'faction not defined' message. Briefings now work for RHSUSAF factions, but, now the assigngear has stopped working and I can't figure out why. There are no error messages and when I enable debug mode no debug messages are displayed, as if the assigngear script is not running at all.

15 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

I'm trying to figure out how to 'define' other factions for use with F3. When I drop down RHS USAF units the F3 framework displays a radio message saying that the faction rhs_usarmy_d is not defined. Anyone have any ideas where factions get defined in F3?

EDIT: So I figured out how to add factions to the briefing component thereby removing the 'faction not defined' message. Briefings now work for RHSUSAF factions, but, now the assigngear has stopped working and I can't figure out why. There are no error messages and when I enable debug mode no debug messages are displayed, as if the assigngear script is not running at all.

Assigngear also looks at the vanilla factions, so you would have to introduce the RHS factions to the assigngear script.

Line 80 for example:

if (_faction in ["blu_f","nato"]) then {
	#include "f_assignGear_nato.sqf"
	// #include "f_assignGear_natoPacific.sqf" // Use NATO Pacific loadouts on NATO non-Pacific units (e.g. Folk ARPS Platoons)
};

You would probably have to add "rhs_faction_usaf" to the conditional array.

Hello lukio,

Thanks for the advice but even thought I've done that it doesn't work. It's ok though, it's not really that important since it's still easy to specify a different gear script for the NATO/blu_f faction to provide modded gear.

To the dev team;

Is there any activity on continued development of this framework? Just curious mostly. I'd love to figure out a way to create a mission parameter to select the mod gear to use for both the player team and possibly the AI team as well. I've tried it but cannot figure out how to pass the result of the parameter selection to a variable that can be used in the assigngear script.

What would also be cool is to have the assigngear component be able to automatically use a mods gear if that mod is active.

My goal in both of these instances is to build missions that can work with vanilla Arma only or with mods without having to edit and re-export the mission.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:49 PM, Tuskegee_99th said:

Is there any activity on continued development of this framework?

No, it is pretty much dead. Not in the sense that you can't use it, but development had ceased almost three years ago - if you check the github.

1 hour ago, unhappytroll said:

No, it is pretty much dead. Not in the sense that you can't use it, but development had ceased almost three years ago - if you check the github. 

AFAIK there is not much to add - it is complete and works as it should. Some development was continued by Raptoer https://github.com/Raptoer/F3 like inclusion of wolfenswan's function library and I believe the TMF framework is a more advanced version based off of the F3 framework. https://github.com/tmf3/tmf

I know it's been a while, but does anyone know what's happened to the F3 wiki? It is not reporting "not found" but that there is an exception error. It's been this way for a while now. I'm wondering if there is another source for the download, tutorials, and documentation. Thanks.

• Like 3

sorry to necro this thread, but the site seems down. i used the briefing generator on there a lot.

on the main page it says "under construction". is this true? or is it dead?