Sign in to follow this  
bradster15

Arma 3 unable to even startup from steam

Hi i have recently purchased arma 3 and about 2 hours after it finished downloading i went to go and play it in windowed mode and i clicked play and i waited for 3 min's and nothing happend so i clicked on play again and same problem again it didnt launch and i was on google looking for a soulution for about 1 hour and being a recently release game not many solutions were out there so if anyone could help me fix this soulution i would be very gratefull.

Thanks Brad.

I have the same issue as the above, no ZoneAlarm, disabled firewalls, use MS security essentials as AV, added -nobenchmark to startup command, also tried -winxp. Nothing has worked. Video drivers are updated.

I've tried to load it in window and regular mode with same results. Goes through loadup, addons etc then nothing. Sometimes it says sync next to the name in Steam. I;ve deleted and re-installed once. It shows up in processes then goes away.

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/10/2013, 17:50:03

Machine name:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International

System Model: GT680R/GX680R

BIOS: MSI GT680/GX680 E16F2IMS Ver 1.0A MSI-Notebook

Processor: Intel® Core i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3570MB RAM

Page File: 3193MB used, 3943MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Previously: Crashed in Direct3D (stage 2). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Edited by ophydian

same issue as above. tried multiple solutions (reinstall - verifying game cache - manually installing dx - every single type of comp mode - running as admin - running as admin - a lot of different launch options - no programs in the background - disabling certain services - many different versions of drivers - no zone alarm)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/11/2013, 16:50:13

Machine name:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)

Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)

System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/08/12 19:58:28 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16278MB RAM

Page File: 3482MB used, 29071MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: The file nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. (running beta drivers atm)

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Not getting any action on this issue, even created an issue with no responses. I am thinking about trying to get my money back as I paid for something that doesn't work.

No change after installing. I am not getting any error. Game tries to load, shows syncing in steam then nothing. Almost like it auto closes. Shows it running under processes then it goes away.

This just started happening to me today. I was able to play fine yesterday (and everyday before that). Today it won't start up at all.

this periodically happens to me. luckily most of the time it works fine, but some times I try to boot it up, and the Arma III splash just never comes up. it is strange it doesn't work 100% of the time

Roll back my NVIDIA drivers to 306.97 and the game loads. Frame rate is crap but at least it loads.

Sad you have to rollback drivers when time after time they keep telling you to update them.

Hello i to have the same problem and i delete and installed again a it still not launch ( Purchase the game on steam yesterday) . Im using Win7 ultimate with Boobcamp 5 Macpro Core i7, 3520m 2.9hz with 8 Gb Ram and the system is in 64. Best regards.

Hello i to have the same problem and i delete and installed again a it still not launch ( Purchase the game on steam yesterday) . Im using Win vista ultimate with Intel i5, 3520m 2.8hz with 8 Gb Ram and the system is in 64. Best regards.

i dont understand what the problem is never had a problem with games before But unfortunatly this game doesnt want to load, i tryed all the different things reccomended on google... no budge:/

Yeah man i got past the instantly crashing but now i get an error message before the crash it says CreateDXGIFactory1 could not be located in the dynamic link libary dxgi.dll I googled this and have tried all the fixes i can find but nothing yet :/

Yeah man i got past the instantly crashing but now i get an error message before the crash it says CreateDXGIFactory1 could not be located in the dynamic link libary dxgi.dll I googled this and have tried all the fixes i can find but nothing yet :/

Re-install DX? --look for 'setup' in the a3/dx folder and run it.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Oh, and reboot the pc.

I have tried this:/... I ahve also tried to reinstall SP1/SP2 but now i cant even install SP1 its giving me an error ....

First of all you have a 32bit operating system. So that 8GB of RAM you have will never get accessed or used windows uses about 2GB of RAM for The OS alone. 32bit OS you have

System specs required for Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/products/system-requirements

Also you have 32bit windows therefore 32bit drivers and 32bit DxDiag is required windows tries to find a 64bit directX version in your nvidia folder it then switches to the 32 bit file to version directX try running just DxDiag.exe not DxDiag64.exe

The most simple solution is to Verify steam cache to do this

Method:

1. Goto your games library

2. Right click on "arma 3"

3. Goto "properties'

4. At the top of steam properties select "Local files"

5. In local files hit the button that says. Verify steam integrity cache. Then try the game.

Next in the directX installation directory of arma 3 and select "Run as administrator by going into the directX folder and find dxsetup.exe right click "Run as administrator". Windows has issues with permissions controls. Even if you run something as administrator.

Another thing you can do is look in windows for Bloatware, Adware these can be quite benign but they can also be dangerous for example a guy in the community I am in. He had his system core .dll's deleted. Now his system is faulty. To be honest to work out your problem fully we start in the OSI model as a general idea. where we look at you applications, then windows engine then drivers then low level communication then hardware.

Edited by Polymath820
Additional information