Sign in to follow this  
SmallBlackSheep

Friendly Fire And You: Learn The Uniforms

Good post. Will definitely be linking to this in the future.

Just hope I don't get gunned down for picking up an enemy gun. hehe

There is a reason you don't want to switch uniform with enemy in multilayer...

Take off all your clothes and equipments and nobody will try to kill you. ;)

This thread is aiding and embedding teamkillers, as of now their ignorance and incompetence primarily kills enemy forces. ;)

There are server where the only purpose is to do spawn-team-kill. wtF?!

As of right now, all teamkilling should be intentional. There are no tanks, no artillery batteries, no bomber jets, etc. While there are explosive charges, I don't think they go off on teammates and they take too long to set on a teammate and detonate. The only thing you can do on accident to a teammate is shoot him if he runs through your shot or an accidental grenade is thrown.

But nice job with the picture, the only problem I have with telling who's who is when I'm looking at the back of the soldier; to me the little backpacks look the same.

I got TK'ed 5 times in a one hour PVP, not including the FF injuries sustained. :yay:

To make people think before they shot, the punishment for Tking should be much higher IMHO. I'm not talking about intentional TKing, that ofcourse needs a more severe punishment as well, but what I mean is all that, "aaahh well, I'm not entirely sure if thats an enemy 300m away, so I'll just shot him anyway, if he was friendly, it wont matter because there is no punishment", Tking. Thats what pisses me off! If you come around a corner, and "spook" someone, and he accidentally shots you, thats fine, it happens. But not taking your time to asses the situation and make sure the target is in fact an enemy, really is annoying.

Maybe something like distance to target should be taken into account as well. like if you shot someone without a scope at 500m away, and he's friendly, you get punished, because there was no way you could've been sure he was an enemy. just spitballing here ;)

Edited by phoboss

Most of my gameplay experience so far on random servers has been a lot of TKing. People purposely shooting up choppers, setting off charges, shooting randomly, abusive comments, etc. Then the revenge killings, and so it goes. Tends to happen whenever there is a new release and a bunch of children get on. Sooner or later they drop off and join the bunny hopping games elsewhere. So we just have to weather this initial mania.

Then again, I TKd a player last night because he was wearing OpFor gear and his name didn't highlight when I aimed at him. I felt rotten about it because it was such an effort to get away from the *************** in the first place, I knew I was sending him back to hell.

Baggy pants, sci-fi helmet & bullpup rifle = friendly. Got it. :)

Fixed that for you mate.

But I do feel that most tking is intentional, the uniforms don't look alike at all.

So the lighter color uniform is friendly and the darker color is enemy? Well, from far range with CQC scope or site may be hard for me through the shrubs, but overall that's the suit? Well with a long range weapon should be easier to identify or.... what if all players decide to go naked and we know that everyone else in uniforms for a mission is enemy? Would that be easier to identify that guys running around in boxers are friendlies and guys with uniforms is enemy?

Interesting...

I'd like to see what happens when a hacker gives every single person the same clothing and weapons. And weapon customisation.

We saw the same in armed assault and arma2. A lot of new guys running in creating havoc. Then it calmed down when they got bored.

Also, a number of new players came from DayZ player base...which explained "shoot first" mentality

Lost count of the number of servers I have joined only to be killed by friendly fire right away.