Sign in to follow this  
shockero

North Korea SF (Year 2035)

This addon really reminds me of the Koreans from Homefront. I am surprised noone has noticed this yet, but i guess Homefront didn't really sell well.

An example: homefront1128-pc-610.jpg

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the quality of the DPRK flag on the vest.

They have redder soil then most people. Like this place in China:- http://www.yunnanadventure.com/photo-p32-dongchuan-hongtudi-red-soil-photos2-kunming

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Why does North Korea use that Iron-Rust camouflage?

Oh and thanks for making another OPFOR Addition, hopefully in the future you will flesh them out with ground, air and sea vehicles :D

Sorry, my reply was meant for you, not the other guy.

Unable to get the units to show up in the editor. I tried OPFOR (only showing Iranian units) and Independant (Some strange Green Invisible thingy)

I know I have the pbo in addons folder and have it called correctly in the Steam Set Launch Options:

-mod=@CIA_SADv0.2; @NorthKorea; @C1987mp7A3

Every thing shows but NorthKorea...............any idea why?

Thanks

Unable to get the units to show up in the editor. I tried OPFOR (only showing Iranian units) and Independant (Some strange Green Invisible thingy)

I know I have the pbo in addons folder and have it called correctly in the Steam Set Launch Options:

-mod=@CIA_SADv0.2; @NorthKorea; @C1987mp7A3

Every thing shows but NorthKorea...............any idea why?

Thanks

Try to activate them via "Expansion" menu from ArmA 3,just throw the @NorthKorea folder in your game directory, enter Arma 3 go to Options/Expansion find and select the "North Korea Special Forces (YEAR 2035)" and click "ENABLE".

also, try this:

-mod=@CIA_SADv0.2; -mod=@NorthKorea;@C1987mp7A3

If neither of those work, I have no idea which the problem could be, I personally activate the mods via Expansion menu.

Hey this may be an odd one, but is it possible to export out the faces for use for one's player character? Seeing as we have basically just Caucasian faces, an African face and Scott Miller's specific face in the alpha thusfar, whereas I would like the option to use an Asian face.

This script was made for me by twirly for A2 missions. I've used it successfully for 2 SP campaigns I have created.

Would be interesting to see if it works with A3.

Here it is. You'll notice RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN. Change that to [OPFOR] and see what happens...........

Also, may need to know the CfgIdentities for these two lines:

_num = 108 + (floor (random 17));
	_face = format ["Face%1_PMC",_num];

Put in the init.sqf:

/*Randonmized Asian faces and disabled conversation with groups.
*/

sleep 1;

_allunits  = allUnits;

_sides = [RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN];

for "_i" from 0 to (count _allunits)-1 do {
_unit = _allunits select _i;
if (side _unit in _sides) then {
	_num = 108 + (floor (random 17));
	_face = format ["Face%1_PMC",_num];
	_unit setFace _face;
               _unit disableConversation true;
};
sleep 0.01;
};

North Korea Special Forces (Year 2035) updated to version 1.2

Change-log

A3 Alpha,Date: 29.03.2013

- Changed unit helmet

- Added costum helmet texture

- Modified unit vests(there are two versions now)

- Added costum icons for equipment

DOWNLOAD

First post updated aswell.

Hey this may be an odd one, but is it possible to export out the faces for use for one's player character? Seeing as we have basically just Caucasian faces, an African face and Scott Miller's specific face in the alpha thusfar, whereas I would like the option to use an Asian face.

There are asian faces already in A3, just that they are unused, BIS will probably activate them in future updates.

Evertime I attempt to use them in the Editor upon clicking preview I'm greeted with 'No Entry "config.bin/Cfg/NK2PlateCarrier1_rgr.selectionFireAnim", I know this is an old post and was made during Alpha but I'm clueless on what to do

Evertime I attempt to use them in the Editor upon clicking preview I'm greeted with 'No Entry "config.bin/Cfg/NK2PlateCarrier1_rgr.selectionFireAnim", I know this is an old post and was made during Alpha but I'm clueless on what to do

this mod is very old and doesnt work anymore, its been around since AlphA

this mod is very old and doesnt work anymore, its been around since AlphA

That's a true shame, I really want this to work as I've been making my own World War 3 story and North Korea has a war pact with Iran. I really hope the modder comes back to this, I believe it's something to do with the change of weapon files, so it doesn't sound too complicated for modders. For now I guess I can make a Plan B storyline where North Korea is being choked by South Korea in a counterattack :(

I've fixed this for my own personal use, is there any way I can get the attention of the original addon maker to get permission to host it somewhere?

It would be a shame to see this addon fade into the recesses of Arma 3 history.

I've fixed this for my own personal use, is there any way I can get the attention of the original addon maker to get permission to host it somewhere?

It would be a shame to see this addon fade into the recesses of Arma 3 history.

Just curious what are the changes you've made?

I would love to see this continue. North Koreans makes great futuristic bad guys.

Yeah, we need them + PLA + Kiska Island !

I have sent the author a PM regarding it, hopefully they'll respond.

I've gotten permission from ShOcKeRoS, so I think for the sake of tidiness I'll fix a few minor errors in the config such as a bad (alpha) primary weapon declaration, get rid of the green medic assault pack (replaced with custom a black one for aesthetic purposes).

I should have it ready to go later on tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

I've gotten permission from ShOcKeRoS, so I think for the sake of tidiness I'll fix a few minor errors in the config such as a bad (alpha) primary weapon declaration, get rid of the green medic assault pack (replaced with custom a black one for aesthetic purposes).

I should have it ready to go later on tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

I hope you're considering giving them unique weaponry with an addon dependency. I dont mind having to run a mod or two to give these guys something different. :)

I hope you're considering giving them unique weaponry with an addon dependency. I dont mind having to run a mod or two to give these guys something different. :)

Me too, I´d rather not see NK units with the bland Katiba... give them some Ak12 or at least Ak107/105 or 74Ms (or chinese QBZ rifles)!!!!

I'd prefer a modular config so that they're compatible with third-party weapons but can be spawned with Katibas if you don't have any weapon packs.

Okay, change of plans then, lol.

I like the idea of QBZs.

Would it be okay if I included additional config pbos that are mod compatible then in addition to a default loadout?

Post your preferences (although I like the QBZ theme, however AFAIK there is only A chinese weapon pack for A2), I shall work on them.

If anyone has any ideas for AT or marksman rifles, feel free to include those as well.

I could release them as-is, but I do like the idea of themed alternate configs.

Edited by Pd3

There's that PLA mod with QBZs you could use. It's in A3.

Let me find a link.