Sign in to follow this  
shockero

North Korea SF (Year 2035)

North Korea Special Forces (Year 2035)

by ShOcKeRoS

Description: This is a simple retexture(another one..) of the BIS A3 soldiers, those units are not meant to represent any real unit from the present day. This is how I think that North Korea Special Forces would look in the year 2035. They can be found under "Red" faction.

Plot(for mission makers??): After North Korea canceled non-agression pact with the South in 2013, they started using nuclear power plants and weapons to boost their military force and economy, in the year 2030 an alliance was formed by Iran named Axis of Resistance(AOR), North Korea and other eastern nations quickly joined the alliance three years later. In 2035 NK created an special camouflage for the Stratis environment and operations.

Features:

- Asian Faces

- Mixed equipment

- Two camouflage variants

- Their own uniform, can be changed.

- Korean names

Change-log.

A3 Alpha, Date: 29.03.2013

- Changed unit helmet

- Added costum helmet texture

- Modified unit vests(there are two versions now)

- Added costum icons for equipment

-------------------------------

A3 Alpha,Date: 14.03.2013

- Reworked textures

- Hand textures fixed

- Replaced headphones cap

- Modified uniform icon in gear menu

- Added korean names

- Other minor fixes

--------------------------------

A3 Alpha,Date: 10.03.2013

- Release

Current Version: 1.3

Requirements.

Arma3

Download from (Dropbox)

Download from (Armaholic mirror)

arma32013031020580565.jpg

arma32013031021031107.jpg

View pictures with the new version HERE

Edited by ShOcKeRoS
Updated, thanks to Pd3.

Awesome! This was a very random, pleasant surprise for me today, because my in-game name is "N. Korean Special Forces"! Wooo! :cc:

Why does North Korea use that Iron-Rust camouflage?

Oh and thanks for making another OPFOR Addition, hopefully in the future you will flesh them out with ground, air and sea vehicles :D

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the quality of the DPRK flag on the vest.

XD Well it is not to be expected that NK still exists or has an effective SF by the year 2035 if the stick to their political course, But awesome work with these, man, very useful.

These seem far more plausible than the current OPFOR if I'm being honest. Looking good so far, like Leaulux already said it would be nice to see this progress into a full addon.

Awesome!!! Now someone just has to make some terrain that features the border between NK and SK! This is my dream come true... something relevant to todays news.

I figured out that those guys need an transport vehicle, so here it is, work in progress..

I've just throw some textures on it for the pictures, they will be changed later. However this is a long journey until I finish it, perhaps others will do it first, the good thing is that the A2 SUV is apparently affected by the psyhics, it still has some issues and thats why I'm not releasing it now, need to fix them first.

arma32013031116231513.jpg

Why does North Korea use that Iron-Rust camouflage?

Oh and thanks for making another OPFOR Addition, hopefully in the future you will flesh them out with ground, air and sea vehicles :D

I guess because it looks sort of "futuristic style"...?

About adding vehicles,air etc, when the game will be full released, i'll do the present day N. Korea army. perhaps with some South in it :P, until then, just some fictive units.

Edited by ShOcKeRoS

They look pretty good and the A2 SUV is a nice touch.

Hi, i have a question regarding the skins.

If i create a mission with some korean units spawns and host for my friends later, what would happen when they join my server? would they automatically download all the skins or they won't be able to see the korean units?

Hi, i have a question regarding the skins.

If i create a mission with some korean units spawns and host for my friends later, what would happen when they join my server? would they automatically download all the skins or they won't be able to see the korean units?

They won't be able to play with you until they also download and install (manually) the same addons/mods

Hey, someone who's all aboard the "future warfare" bandwagon instead of trying to relive Cold War and post-9/11 power fantasies*? Welcome aboard! :D

Seriously though, are you intending to create a line of North Korean Special Forces weapons or just sticking with vanilla weapons?

* This is, bluntly speaking, what I think of all the calls for "modern warfare" mods. :rolleyes: To me it's basically the "historical reenactment" category now.

North Korea Special Forces (Year 2035) updated to version 1.1

Change-log

A3 Alpha,Date: 14.03.2013

- Reworked textures

- Hand textures fixed

- Replaced headphones cap

- Modified uniform icon in gear menu

- Added korean names

- Other minor fixes

DOWNLOAD

First post updated aswell.

Just registered to say its really nice work. Fits the whole atmosphere of the game imo. I look foward to seeing what you come up with when the game is released proper.

Really nice. Just korean voices now missing for perfection... :)

You've got to love the BI community, mods on an alpha release =p. The scary thing is this scenario actually seems possible (well if N. Korea has the funds); regardless, great job!

Nice work!!!! Good to see some modders running with the 'future warfare' scenario rather than ignoring it!

Would be great to see a full selection of troops using the 'Stratis' camo, as it blends in pretty well (definitely a tad better than the rust camo).

Also would there be a point to giving them the Katiba (Khaybar 2002) rifle rather than the Tavor? Just given they're opfor. Otherwise, you could do an optional config with Sudden's AKs! :cool:

Nice work!!!! Good to see some modders running with the 'future warfare' scenario rather than ignoring it!

Would be great to see a full selection of troops using the 'Stratis' camo, as it blends in pretty well (definitely a tad better than the rust camo).

Also would there be a point to giving them the Katiba (Khaybar 2002) rifle rather than the Tavor? Just given they're opfor. Otherwise, you could do an optional config with Sudden's AKs! :cool:

I didn't want them to use Katiba because the rifle is already used by the Iranians, I want them to be different, at first I wanted to use Sudden's AK's, i'm still thinking about that, however some of those units are a bit sleepy with the helmet change....perhaps in the next update i'll add an optional config.

Hey fair call, it's your mod after all! :)

Config option could be a way around it but that can always wait. Nice to have some variety of future OPFOR infantry anyways!