Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate

Bi-pod and grazing fire

Very impressive Alpha build!

I would like the option to either be able to prop up LMGs on terrain or deploy/auto-utilize a bi-pod. Maybe I am missing a feature that is in game currently, but to the best I can tell there is no way of stabilizing any weapon except by, of course, prone and holding your breath. I'm not complaining about ballistics or recoil, muzzle rise, or anything else related. I think the game is doing a great job of that. I would simply like to be able to provide grazing fire at cyclic or sustained rate. Currently you have to use the LMGs in very small bursts almost like a standard rifle (No matter what situation). I should be able to theoretically prop it up on a wall (for example) and lay fire down a street. That is not possible at this time.

My thoughts and request. Please add your own.

I think we'll have to wait until ac. For whatever reason, BIS seems reluctant to pursue this one, no matter how many/long it has been asked for.

arma 2 bipod works automatically and is configurable, ACE is making it more visual and selective.

possibly this in the hands of Arma 3`s modders

in Arma2, weapon with bipod gets accuracy bonus when firing from the ground, but it doesn't change the weapon model (you don't see the character lowering bipod)

And you can't rest weapons, bi-pod or not, on objects.

Bis make customizable weapons in Arma 3 maybe bipod so should be an interchangeable part or animated (up-down)as a first step.

I'm assuming people in this community have played Red Orchestra. They had a pretty decent system where you could use game-world terrain and objects to prop your rifle. That may be too much to ask for in this game, but at the very least it would make sense if you automatically used the bi-pod (if equipped) while prone. If that is in the Alpha build right now, then it isn't helping much. Muzzle climb and recoil are still making burst greater than 3 rounds impractical at anything greater than 50m range.

Historically with Arma this has been handeled by the modding community. Until BIS does it themeselves I'm guessing we have to wait for ACE to do it

in Arma2, weapon with bipod gets accuracy bonus when firing from the ground, but it doesn't change the weapon model (you don't see the character lowering bipod)

No it doesn't.

The only thing you configure in the weapons config is the recoil values for standing and prone in the various firing modes. There's nothing in vanilla arma 2/oa that has anything to do with bipods.

I'm assuming people in this community have played Red Orchestra.

Yeah, RO even had fully animated barrel swapping on some MGs.

ro2 has the best bipod system hands down. they even did proper pivoting and player animations that corresponded to it. animated bipods aren't even necessary, just allow us to rest them on surfaces.