Sign in to follow this  
zukov

visitor 3.5 (4?) and silvador lite

From the latest sitrep:

"Terrain creators among you are wondering why there is no Visitor release yet. This is unfortunately not quite so easy. Visitor 4 is based on licensed technology and we are not allowed simply to release it. We need to find consent of the licencor first before we can make it available to the community. We'll keep you updated."

Yey, they want to give it to us! Where is my banana? :yay:

As expected! Little strokes fell big oaks :bounce3:

As expected! Little strokes fell big oaks :bounce3:

Yeah ....just takes a few years :-)

From the latest sitrep:

"Terrain creators among you are wondering why there is no Visitor release yet. This is unfortunately not quite so easy. Visitor 4 is based on licensed technology and we are not allowed simply to release it. We need to find consent of the licencor first before we can make it available to the community. We'll keep you updated."

Yey, they want to give it to us! Where is my banana? :yay:

I really hope we get some of visitor 4's new features.

---------- Post added at 05:04 ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 ----------

Wow, Visitor 4 supports rivers and separate water from the ocean. The rivers can have changes in elevation and control over current.

Edit: wait that's from land builder. Do you think Arma 3 would ever see land builder? Or would it be compatible with Arma 3?

Edited by ProGamer

...Do you think Arma 3 would ever see land builder? Or would it be compatible with Arma 3?

If they have so much trouble releasing V4 for community (which is stone age for vbs atm, i guess) then obviously nope.

It looks like the project is to bring us a "Gaming" V4 not a "VBS" V4, so no land builder, no VB-edit but a slightly downgraded Visitor 4.

It looks like the project is to bring us a "Gaming" V4 not a "VBS" V4, so no land builder, no VB-edit but a slightly downgraded Visitor 4.

Hopefully it will be an upgraded version and not Visitor 3. But VBS and Arma use the same Oxygen basically.

It would make sense to release new tools for the community pre-contents.

Until then, the power of V4.

image.png

Although this is teasing a little bit, Bush has some valid points about the process of generating a Geo-Specific terrain in V4, BUT, I will always stick by my guns when it comes to the bold statement of V4 being a lot better and more fluid than V3. I hope you all get it with the new tools package, we will start to see some lovely looking terrains pop up.

Edited by OChristie

I don't know if is the correct place but I try, I have a question about Visitor4, is possible import and use the ArmA3 library?

Ciao Fr3man,

how you have installed your P drive?

simply installing Mikeros Tools (http://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files) and run A3P, then you have in your P drive the A3 Folder with all the data what yoou need.

I recomend to use only the Mikero Tools for Mapmaking!

This save you a lot of Times and Nerves! :cool:

Ciao Cype,

i try to explain better Freeman question:

few days ago we have activated the vbs3 version (full visitor4) and imported the Elba project inside. We had some problems to import the a3 objects, most likely becouse the vbs version has its own library and objects.

For now maybe i have found a way to loading them but without template, so i can export the object.txt created and reimport them in "visitor lite".

ahh ok understand now.... you bought the vbs3 version or how ?

I'm VBS3 PE owner ;)