Sign in to follow this  
Calat

Cannot create DX11 device

2fm0k.jpg

I solved my first problem but know when i try to launch ArmA 3, i have this error :(

My GPU is a Sapphire HD 7850 1Go, my monitor (1280x1024) is connected with a VGA adapter (like this one : vga2dvi.jpg )

My monitor have a refresh rate of 60hz, i think the problem is here... An idea... ? :confused:

:smash:

Thank you for all :)

Already done, no change :(

reinstall gpu drivers even if you already have latest ones, who knows, try a diff version.

also, try -winxp as a launch parameter.

You can try editing your cfg file; In Win7 at C:\Users\<yourWindowsUsername>\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\Arma3Alpha.cfg back it up first

Find the line that reads

refresh=##;
and replace it with
refresh=60;

Then try also starting Arma3 with -nobenchmark after the edit.

Edit: Otherwise make sure in windows that your card does not allow the 75Hz modes at all, you might need to go into some advanced driver properties/control panel to remove unwanted resolutions/refresh rates.

You can try editing your cfg file; In Win7 at C:\Users\<yourWindowsUsername>\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\Arma3Alpha.cfg back it up first

Find the line that reads and replace it with

Edit: Otherwise make sure in windows that your card does not allow the 75Hz modes at all, you might need to go into some advanced driver properties/control panel to remove unwanted resolutions/refresh rates.

I have a similar problem(See thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149158-Crash-on-launch-Cannot-create-DX11-device

I tested your suggestion about setting the refresh rate in the Arma3alpha.cfg file. Didn't solve the problem unfortunately.

Edited by MikkelRasmussen

Find the line that reads and replace it with

Arma 3 never launched, so my config file is not complete like you can see:

2fy9Y.jpg

Can you send me the full config file please ? :o

Meeh, this suggestion won't work in your case then. Sorry. There are specific adapter associations which would be incorrect if I sent you the cfg file, or anyone else for that matter. Thought this had gone through already.

I'm getting the same problem since todays update:

First this:

armaerror01.png

Then this:

armaerror02.png

UPDATE:

After disabling all my Mods I loaded in without issue so it must be one of them not playing with the update.

Edited by El_MUERkO
New info

What do you mean by "mod" ?

Verify you gamecache file with steam then restart your computer..... worked for me

If you have a Nvidia, use the parameter: -maxVRAM=999 in your shortcut or in the steam startup parameters.

Worked fine for a friend.

Edit: Oups, I have not seen that you are on ati.

Try deleting the "Arma 3 Alpha" and the "Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles" folder in your document and restart the game.

Also try the verification file as mentioned above.

Edited by matt2507

Does not work...

I will install windows 7 family in dual boot

maybe one of my programs is in conflict with ArmA 3 :(