Sign in to follow this  
TheSub

ARMA 3 - Editor Suggestions

I'd like to first say first that editor by it self is great and I know this is still in the Alpha phase.

These suggestions may be taken up in the full content of the game, as of now these are as follows.

[1 - Respawns]

Now in every mission I typically make I'll save to user and multiplayer missions, before attempting to play I have to shut off Arma 3 and go to

/Documents/Arma 3 Alpha/MPMissions/"Mission Saved Name"/

and add a EXT file named "description" and in the file reads

respawn= "Side";

respawndelay= 5;

This enables respawns after your current player dies. This respawn gives you the ability to take control of an AI controlled unit that is made playable by the editor. True this isn't hard at all to setup, yet I was really hoping that ARMA would have thrown in a Respawn ON/OFF option in the editor, perhaps with specifics as to respawning with your group or elsewhere. This would eliminate the tedious requirement for each player to repeat the steps mentioned above to activate respawns in their missions.

[2 - Weapon Load Out]

This actually is something I'm not familiar with, but I would imagine it goes along the same lines as the issue above with scripting. In ARMA 2 there was times where I wanted a group of units with silenced weapons and the way I set that up was making the units BLUFOR Saboteurs [ Came with m4/red dot/silencer ]. Sure not all guns can use silencers, but for ones that can it would be conveniant to have a weapon load out tab or drop menu in the editor for units. Say you choose a riflemen, despite what gun he has there would be another menu of choice for further specifics [silencer yes/no] - This could also be applied with other attachments if desired, even though there are units such as the Grenadier which already comes equipped with a grenade launcher.

If there any other suggestions that come to mind I will update.

Thanks

That's the whole thing with the arma editor, most of what is possible is only possible due to scripting. There are a couple of loadout scrips and everyitem ammo crates going around already.

For #1 you should not have to shut down ArmA.

Create the mission. Save it. Add the .EXT file. Go back into ArmA and hit "SAVE"

Everytime you hit "Save" it rereads the .EXT . Could be better, could be worse ;)