• Mission Type: Co-op, 1-8 players, respawn enabled
  • Requires: Arma 3 Alpha 0.5.102571 (or later), no addons required
  • User-customisable Mission Parameters: Enemy squad size
  • Last Update: 9 March 2013
  • More Missions: http://deck16.net/arma3
  • Download: iinet mirror

tempest_valley_00.jpg

Story

The US military has launched a massive attack on Sertis, seizing the airfield from Iran. However, some Iranian pilots managed to escape to Camp Tempest. These pilots, having been recently trained in the Ka-50 helicopter by the Russians, are vitally important. It is your job as Iran's last fighting men on Sertis to ensure these men make it out alive.

Your first task will be to ambush an enemy vehicle sent to investigate Camp Tempest. This action will no doubt summon enemy reinforcements. Thankfully, fields of unexploded anti-personel cluster munitions mean there is only one way they can approach -- through the valley east of Camp Tempest. With the aid of a mortar and a massive supply of land mines you shall turn this into a valley of death. Hold out until the evacuation boat arrives for you and the pilots.

tempest_valley_01.jpg

Randomness

This mission features a lot of randomness. It shouldn't play out the same way twice.

Enemy squads move along randomised paths at randomised times. The squad size, though influenced by the user-selectable squad size setting, is random. The composition of squads and appearance of soldiers are also random. Some special reinforcement groups may or may not exist at all.

tempest_valley_02.jpg

Tactics

This mission has a user-adjustable setting that controls the average size of enemy groups. Tweak this to change the difficulty of the mission.

There is a delay between ambushing the scout vehicle and the waves of enemy reinforcements. It is suggested you use the time to do one of two things:

• Lay lots of mines, find great sniping spots, and generally prepare to do The Alamo.
  • Move eastward and engage the enemy further away from Camp Tempest. That gives you plenty of time and space to fall back and regroup.

tempest_valley_03.jpg

Arma 3 Alpha

If you are reading this in the far future, first of all, welcome to the distant past. You must be having fun playing the release version of ArmA 3. Please be aware that this mission was made for the ArmA 3 Alpha and therefore is quite limited in terms of soldier types, vehicle types and weapon types.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

This is my first ArmA 3 mission and I'm a little bit worried. You see, I've been making missions since Cold War Crisis, and in spite of this (or perhaps because of it) I'm very nervous when it comes to multiplayer missions. Strange locality bugs scare me. Since this is an Alpha, not many of my gaming friends have the game. I have tested all I can in a multiplayer server by myself, but that isn't thorough enough for my liking.

So please leave feedback.

If you encounter any bugs, do two things:

1. tell me about them,
  2. check back later for a newer version.

Thank you. :)

I'm testing it now. My friends can pickup any backpacks. For vests I have to take out vests and put it on the ground.

I'm testing it now. My friends can pickup any backpacks. For vests I have to take out vests and put it on the ground.

This is the kind of thing I was afraid of. :bored:

Thanks for testing though. I appreciate it. Let me know any and all bugs, and I'll try to fix 'em.